Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 12:53   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If I am correct you have to take Volvo BIAL Route 6 (destination well marked). It will cost Rs 150/-
You can book the bus online here: Flights - Via. It will cost Rs 155/-
Dude, route 6 will take him to JP Nagar 6th Phase
Old 5th June 2008, 12:55   #152
BANNED

Check this out buddy, BMTC AIRPORT SERVICE DETAILS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Dude, route 6 will take him to JP Nagar 6th Phase
Old 5th June 2008, 13:03   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Check this out buddy, BMTC AIRPORT SERVICE DETAILS
You are right according to website.

But I'm referring a Vayu Vajra Brochure that I picked up at the BIAL last Wednesday.

Anyway will check it out at the BIAL tonight. (I gotta pick up my nephew late night)
cheers:
Old 5th June 2008, 13:05   #154
Team-BHP Support

Take the Volvo bus to ITPL. Get down over there, and take another volvo 335E (I think) going towards town and get down at SAP labs - one or two stops later. Ginger is very near there
Old 5th June 2008, 14:16   #155
BHPian

The bus timings do not look favorable. My flight lands at 4 pm. The bus starts from the airport at 4:20 pm. Don't think I will manage a check-out quick enough to catch the bus in time.

The cab option seems to be the one that I will have to take. However, I cannot make sure about the drop point that I must mention at the time of booking the cab. Banglore Cab - See the second drop-down. Which one is the nearest to Whitefield, Ginger Hotel? Can someone help in this regard?
Old 5th June 2008, 14:28   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
The cab option seems to be the one that I will have to take. However, I cannot make sure about the drop point that I must mention at the time of booking the cab. Banglore Cab - See the second drop-down. Which one is the nearest to Whitefield, Ginger Hotel? Can someone help in this regard?
WLI, the nearest drop point as per this dropdown would be this:
"1. Whitefield Road KTPO junction".

Ginger hotel would be approximately 1.5kms from this junction. If you arent carrying heavy luggage, you could choose to walk, else take a rick although they would fleece you for sure. You would find Radha Kometel on your right, and SAP Labs on your left. Ginger hotel would be on your right, with a CCD outlet in front of it. Should be easy to spot. Hope that helps.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:32   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
WLI, the nearest drop point as per this dropdown would be this:
"1. Whitefield Road KTPO junction".

Ginger hotel would be approximately 1.5kms from this junction. If you arent carrying heavy luggage, you could choose to walk, else take a rick although they would fleece you for sure. You would find Radha Kometel on your right, and SAP Labs on your left. Ginger hotel would be on your right, with a CCD outlet in front of it. Should be easy to spot. Hope that helps.
Thanks man. I took a calculated guess and am booking with the same destination.

Thanks to other Bangy T-BHPians for their help. Appreciate it. This place rocks.

If you guys make it to Pune anytime, feel free to ask for directions and I will be glad to help.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:33   #158
Senior - BHPian

OT: Happy journey WLI, We expect a review of Ginger Hotel once you are back
Old 5th June 2008, 14:38   #159
Team-BHP Support

The bus does wait for a few minutes so you may just make it. There is also airlift a share cab service which charges Rs.340 per passenger irrespective of destination. They have innovas which accommodate 7 passengers.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:40   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The bus does wait for a few minutes so you may just make it. There is also airlift a share cab service which charges Rs.340 per passenger irrespective of destination. They have innovas which accommodate 7 passengers.
Would not want to take a chance with the bus. Am booking the cab service online for 5 pm to tide over any flight and checkout delays.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:47   #161
BHPian

Another question? Which would be quicker to reach the destination? The bus would be marked for ITPL, so it would head straight to its destination. The cab would have more than one passenger and that would mean dropping each and every passenger on the way. I think this would affect my schedule.

On second thoughts, I could take a chance with the 4:30 pm bus.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:50   #162
BANNED

Online dilemmas. How about getting out of the airport and then making the choice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Another question? Which would be quicker to reach the destination? The bus would be marked for ITPL, so it would head straight to its destination. The cab would have more than one passenger and that would mean dropping each and every passenger on the way. I think this would affect my schedule.

On second thoughts, I could take a chance with the 4:30 pm bus.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:07   #163
BHPian

Bus would be your best bet, as its quite fast & goes in the shortest route. (Disadvantage being the travel between the bus stop & your hotel)

Airlift on the other hand will drop you to the hotel doorstep. Contrary to the popular belief, they pick up & drop at the doorstep. The places on the website are indicative only of the coverage areas. On Sunday my neibhour used the service & got dropped at his house, 3 kms from the nearest point on the website. (Disadvantage: More time on account of dropping or pick up of passengers)
cheers:
Old 5th June 2008, 15:12   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT: Happy journey WLI, We expect a review of Ginger Hotel once you are back
OFF TOPIC
I have stayed at Ginger when i came to Bangalore for an interview. That was close to 2 years back now. Except the prices, i dont know if anything has changed.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Online dilemmas. How about getting out of the airport and then making the choice?
No more dilemma buddy. I have taken a chance with the 4:30 pm bus . Fingers crossed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks