Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 12:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Pune??? unless you can spare a lot of time for the journey it wouldn't make much difference.

You have a fantastic Bus service, so no need to hail a taxi (unless the company is paying for it)
You will have to understand what Pune airport is like first to understand the equation of air travel from Pune to Bangalore !! The damn place was closed for one month and now open with following restrictions:

* No civilian flights will be allowed from 8 am to 10.30 am, a time slot that has been reserved as a “green period for low-level flying fighter planes of Indian Air Force.”

* Shutdown every Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm for routine maintenance

Once you dodge all these restrictions, you will probably land up in B'lore in the middle of the day or not at all !! After that, you will have to shell out extra money for the taxi if you need to reach your destination in less than 3 hours !!

Bus journey is done mostly at night, so you practically waste less time as you wont be travelling during the day time.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

No more Bangalore-Cochin trips by flight...not worth the trouble. I'd much rather take a train and land up in the middle of the city after an overnight trip.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
You will have to understand what Pune airport is like first to understand the equation of air travel from Pune to Bangalore !! The damn place was closed for one month and now open with following restrictions:

* No civilian flights will be allowed from 8 am to 10.30 am, a time slot that has been reserved as a “green period for low-level flying fighter planes of Indian Air Force.”

* Shutdown every Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm for routine maintenance

Once you dodge all these restrictions, you will probably land up in B'lore in the middle of the day or not at all !! After that, you will have to shell out extra money for the taxi if you need to reach your destination in less than 3 hours !!

Bus journey is done mostly at night, so you practically waste less time as you wont be travelling during the day time.
My apologies

You should bring this to the notice of all the people who are fretting against BIAL. I'm sure they'll feel good bout BIAL after they see the pune situation.
cheers:
Old 21st May 2008, 12:26   #34
BHPian

I am feeling sorry for guys who have to travel between Bangalore and Hyderabad. You will have to spend more time/money in both ends. The earliest time you can schedule a Business meeting in Whitefield / Electronics city will be around 11am (if you leave your home at 5am to reach Hyderabad airport around 6:30, take 7:30 flight and reach Bangalore around 8:30). the reverse journey would be even more challenging. to reach home by 9pm, you might have to wind up after lunch
Old 21st May 2008, 12:29   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Its a welcome change to everyone (except some Mishra and Shaw).

Frankly, they were toobothered dealing with issues with their area - whitefield / marathahalli and hosur road and blind to the the airport and they suddenly wake p to this.

They should have been shouting years ago!
Old 21st May 2008, 12:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Using Vayu Vajra buses, booking tickets,site and phone number

Found info ragarding the numbers to call for cab pick up from the house to the Vayu Vajra (Volvo) stops, ticket booking link for vayu vajra and other bus related info.

Hope it helps. I would be using this on the 7th of June so will provide a review on this.

Sights, sounds and smells from Bangalore: Hop on to Vayu Vajra to reach new airport

And guys just a suggestion. lets just use this thread for useful information,queries and reviews of the BIAL airport and related service only so that the people using this can get the information easily.

Please dont be offended as it is not aimed at anyone.

Last edited by sammyboy : 21st May 2008 at 12:52. Reason: addition
Old 21st May 2008, 12:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Frankly, they were toobothered dealing with issues with their area - whitefield / marathahalli and hosur road and blind to the the airport and they suddenly wake p to this.

Valid point.

I remember when the BIAL was announced at the present location, many people who are now crying foul had issued statements welcoming the decision and how the location was strategic for Bangalore's future etc....
Old 21st May 2008, 13:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

On the flip side, apart from business travel or wherein you want to save time.

For some it wont matter as they (will still) travel by air for the sheer comfort of it, no matter how short the distance.
Old 21st May 2008, 13:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Exactly. Everyone knows a decade ago that the Airport WILL operate from the new place. Infact when these signing was happening, i think Mr.Narayana Moorthy was heading the BAIL consortium, right? Why no one even bothered to urge with govt to make plans for good connectivity.

Now, the same people started making a huge confusions about the connectivity. they started thinking like ONLY people traveling in air is people from Electronic city.

When they can fight and get the elevated roads from hosur to silk board, I am sure they could have done the same in this case.

The only solution for quick access to Airport would be the Rail link, which is nowhere in the sight

So, people will be shouting for initial period and slowly learn to live with it.
Old 21st May 2008, 13:54   #40
BHPian

I just figured out some cool time saving tips for frequent Bangalore - Hyderabad travellers.

Take your car....take the Outer Ring Road => Hebbal.....and when you reach the exit to the BIAL airport, pretend that you missed it and drive straight to Hyderabad. You'll definitely reach earlier.

-- Torqy
Old 21st May 2008, 14:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Brochure mentions about Limousine service. How much would a limousine service would cost per Km? Also what limousines are available?
I think they are using the Ford Endeavour and the Skoda Limousines. I had seen these vehicles, but there is no idea how much they are charging for per/Kms, for sure it will be fancy price . I am wounding what our corporate friends staying in Electronic city will do to reach New Airport on time . I think in some days the helipad will become a standard planning structure corporate buildings and huge building. One good thing is the Volvo service.. the bus is really good and the comfort also. Till we get a better road for the New Airport its best to take the Volvo service, but what about the international travelers?
Old 21st May 2008, 14:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No more Bangalore-Cochin trips by flight...not worth the trouble. I'd much rather take a train and land up in the middle of the city after an overnight trip.
Right said Steer, I too plan to stop my trips to TRV and COK by air. In fact many airlines have already started cutting down the trips in these routes. I am sure it will boil down to a couple of airlines/trips per day going forward.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I just figured out some cool time saving tips for frequent Bangalore - Hyderabad travellers.

Take your car....take the Outer Ring Road => Hebbal.....and when you reach the exit to the BIAL airport, pretend that you missed it and drive straight to Hyderabad. You'll definitely reach earlier.

-- Torqy
The same idea is good for Chennai trips also. Only thing is to remember to take a U-turn in Hyd road, miss the airport again, and then turn left into ORR and go towards OMR.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post

-- Torqy
After imbibing the jest,

To go to Hyderabad, you have go near the new airport anyway, so doesn't help to drive.
For Chennai, it might help to take the road only. But again if you are not living near Hosur Road, you might again want take the new airport.

It just shows how misplaced the comments about the new airport are.
Old 21st May 2008, 18:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Everyone knows a decade ago that the Airport WILL operate from the new place. Infact when these signing was happening, i think Mr.Narayana Moorthy was heading the BAIL consortium, right? Why no one even bothered to urge with govt to make plans for good connectivity.
Very true! This is plain hypocrisy & selfish interests!

Mr.Mohandas Pai should first check with his Chief Mentor why Devanahalli was chosen as the location for BIAL and then join the protest against BIAL!

Just bcoz Infy & Biocon are located at Hosur Road & are bit closer to HAL airport, they are now trying to press the Govt to retain the HAL Airport & so all this stunts in public!

Please, Infy & Biocon don't represent Blore, am sure less than 1% of Blore populalion work in these 'dream' companies!

Last edited by finneyp : 21st May 2008 at 18:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks