Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 03:10   #181
BHPian

The Public Works Department has developed four more link roads to the airport. But not many Bangaloreans are aware of these stretches. Because, there is not much information available on these roads.

These roads, what PWD terms as escape routes, connects Devanahalli from various points. One can, by and large, avoid busy NH-7 by taking these routes.

The routes and the connecting villages are :

*Link Road 1: Western part of Devanahalli taluk roads connecting NH-207 to Karehalli:

NH-207: Jyothipura – Koira – Mayasandra – Meesaganahalli – Tylagere – Karehalli

NH-207 – Savakanahalli – Annegata – Bidalur – Muddanayakanahalli – Kodugurki Aradesanahalli – Jalge –Ramenahalli – Singarahalli

NH-7 – Kempathimnahalli – Uganwapi – Devagunahalli – Solur – Byadarahalli – Chikkagulahalli - Mayasandra

*Link Road 2: NH-4 to Devanahalli via Budigere: Budigere cross - Mandur - Jyotipura cross - Handrahalli cross - Bagalur junction - Agalkote cross - Rayasandra - Devanahalli village limit

*Link Road 3: Bangalore-Nandi Hills Road (SH-104): Bellahalli cross - Bellahalli - Kannur - Hosurbande - Chagalatti - Bagalur - Mylanahalli - Kadayerapanhalli - Singahalli - Budigere cross

*Link Road 4: Yelahanka-Vijayapura road: Budigere - Chowdappanahalli - Kaggalahalli, Somanathanahalli - Nalluru - Balepura - Dinnur - Vijayapura town

Source DH
Old 26th June 2008, 10:46   #182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
*Link Road 2: NH-4 to Devanahalli via Budigere: Budigere cross - Mandur - Jyotipura cross - Handrahalli cross - Bagalur junction - Agalkote cross - Rayasandra - Devanahalli village limit
Great information there, bluestraveller!

I'm assuming the NH4 above is the Hoskote - Bengaluru stretch. I saw this road to the RHS just before / after (don't remember exactly) the turn off to Whitefield (on the LHS) when coming from Chennai to Bengaluru on NH4. The right turn is marked well.
Old 10th July 2008, 19:14   #183
Senior - BHPian

BIAL Volvo schedules on your mobile

Don't usually post on my groups/fora about my company - but we just added a listing of the BIAL Volvo schedules - this may be useful to people. You can point you (mobile) browser to Zook or send an sms to 57575665. Queries for this could be like "koramangala to airport afternoon bus" or "late night jayanagar bias". The SMS UI is being tweaked and for less precise queries can be a little cumbersome.

Mods - please delete this post if considered spam - not the intention.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:41   #184
BHPian

Reviving this old thread for a certain reason.

I am traveling to Bangalore early Jan. Was going through the Flights - Via website (this is where I booked my Vayu Vajra tickets the last time I was in Bangalore in June '08) and everytime I search for a bus from the BIAL to any part of the city, the search results in the timings for the AC-Innova. Morevoer, I do not see the option of ITPL main gate anymore. Has route no.6 stopped now? Has the Vayu Vajra service stopped for that matter? Or is there some other website from where bookings could be done?

Help highly appreciated.

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 22nd December 2008 at 14:43.
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:56   #185
BANNED

@wanderlustindia: I heard redbus.in also books tickets for Vayu Vajra.

Check this for timetable: BMTC AIRPORT SERVICE DETAILS
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:36   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@wanderlustindia: I heard redbus.in also books tickets for Vayu Vajra.

Check this for timetable: BMTC AIRPORT SERVICE DETAILS

Both RedBus & VIAWorld have stopped booking for BIAL BMTC Service . I called their customer service and found this out.

Now I checked the services for a very early morning out-bound flight (6:30 AM) and there is a bus which serves my sector at around 3 AM ( as per the BMTC site ).

The billion Rupee question is to whether to depend on the BIAL at 3 AM or to just get a late night bus to BIAL and halt overnight there? BHP-ians please suggest

Last edited by santhosh_kumard : 22nd December 2008 at 16:37.
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:44   #187
Senior - BHPian

I suggest not to depend on BMTC bus, rather book a cab at Meru Cabs.

You can sleep in peace, & the cab will report to you 1 hr before the booked time.
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:49   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I suggest not to depend on BMTC bus, rather book a cab at Meru Cabs.

You can sleep in peace, & the cab will report to you 1 hr before the booked time.
Yes Sir,
Done the same , not with Meru Cabs since they are on strike :-(. But with Cel Cabs who charge 14/km for indigo.
Thanks for the reply :-)
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:02   #189
BHPian

Thanks for the information guys. I looked around on the Web and it confirms the fact that viaworld and redbus do not book BIAL buses anymore.

From the BIAL, will catch the latest available bus or the Airlift (Innova) cab service. They do the bookings on the spot. While coming back to BIAL from Bangalore city, I am advised to book the cab service atleast 4-5 hours in advance and the cab reports an hour in advance in normal circumstances.

Thanks again, guys.
Old 10th January 2009, 20:07   #190

City to BIAL by BMTC Cheap and Eco-friendly

BMTC buses have schedules at 30 mins or 60 mins frequency. Whether it is during day or late night/early morning, waiting for one of those buses at the pickup point near your house might be risky.
Better option take an auto(Rs 7/KM) or Celcabs(Rs 14/KM) from home to Mekhri Circle BMTC BIAL bus stop. All BMTC routes(except I think one) to airport pass through this point. Maximum wait time would be 5 mins.
From your house to this point should not be more than 100 if auto or 200 in case of taxi. BMTC fare is 125. Either way you save atleast 50%.
I generally use the second option. Call up Celcabs(080-60609090) atleast 2-3 hrs in advance. Cab reaches home before 15-30 mins of appointment. The cab driver gives a discount voucher which gets you a 25% discount on the BMTC ticket. Max cost 250 compared to 560-580 on Meru or Easy cabs.
Same can be done while coming from airport to city as well.
I travel out of Bangalore atleast twice a month and when you sum up saving are substantial which can be used for something more usefulcheers:
Old 15th January 2009, 16:27   #191
BHPian

Bangalore Airport - UDF Rs.260/head from Jan 16th????

I got this as a forward today, can somebody confirm whether it is true?

Quote:
Bengaluru International Airport finally receives approval to introduce domestic user charges | Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation

Effective January 16, 2009, all Domestic passengers departing from Bangalore will have to pay a User Development Fee of Rs.260/- per head at the airport. As this fee cannot be collected on the ticket by the airlines/travel agents, it will have to be paid at the designated counters outside the terminal building at the time of departure.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DOMESTIC PASSENGERS
With effect from 16th January 2009, a User Development Fee (UDF) of Rs.260/- (including taxes) will be collected from all outbound domestic passengers using the Bengaluru International Airport. The UDF is levied for the provision of passenger amenities, services and facilities and will be used for the development, management, maintenance and operation of the airport. The UDF has been approved by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India.

Domestic passengers travelling out of Bengaluru International Airport from 16th January 2009 will have to make payment of the User Development Fee at the counters provided in the terminal building, prior to the entry into the terminal building. Passengers should produce the receipt of payment at the time of entering the terminal gates. Payment can be made by cash, debit card or credit card (Visa/Mastercard only).

If you are paying by cash you are requested to provide exact change for quicker processing.

Please allow 10 minutes for the transaction during peak hours 0600 hrs to 1000 hrs and 1730 hours to 2030 hrs . And about 3-5 minutes at all other times.

Exemptions:
Infants under the age of 2 years and airline crew on duty are exempted from User Development Fee

Old 15th January 2009, 16:31   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I got this as a forward today, can somebody confirm whether it is true?
Yup, its true. I read it in TOI last week i think.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:36   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yup, its true. I read it in TOI last week i think.
Well, thats less compared to what we Hyderabad folks pay. Rs. 350 is the UDF for RGIA, Hyderabad (domestic passengers).
One good thing is it's included in the ticket cost and you don't have to worry about paying it at the airport standing in a queue.
Old 15th January 2009, 20:02   #194
BHPian

This is a rant on my experience at the Bengaluru International Airport.

I was flying back to Hyderabad from Bengaluru on a Kingfisher Airline. We were all checked in and waiting at the gate for the departure call. My friend and I decide to go get some coffee at the Barista which is right near the security check exit, since we have about 40 minutes to kill.

Firstly, I have noticed at least 3-4 pigeons above the ceiling in barista. That is just awful. Felt like I was still in a train station.

Secondly, there was only an informal departure call done just around the gate since all the passengers were already there(????). So we almost missed our call; however we quickly realized that it was about time and headed towards the gate and fortunately made it. Just like every city in India, the checks after you show your boarding pass (at the gate) are about 3-4 (including the person who checks the ticket before you board the flight - the one who rips the pass off and gives you the remainder).

Anyways, I was going up the staircase only to realize later that I was boarding a flight to Delhi and not Hyderabad. The flight I had to get on was an ATR, and I should'nt be going up a ladder. In hysteria I run back down and ask them what the hell they were doing, and where my actual flight was. Convinently, he points at the ATR behind him which was rolling out onto the runway.

That is just scary that so many people can let this slide for not one, but two passengers.

Finally, they put us on the next flight which was 3 1/2 hours later. So we decide to goto the Kingfisher Lounge since they gave us passes to go chill there. What do we find out? There is no beer in the Kingfisher Lounge.

/rant
Old 15th January 2009, 21:08   #195
Senior - BHPian

That sounded like catching a flight from the warzone !! There is a confusion in every line of your post, not a personal one, but created by the surroundings. BIAL has a lot more to go on the improvement list, but its going on a very slow pace as commented by many users. With the newly added user's fee even for domestic heads, may be we have a faster pace of improvement waiting at every field. Wait and watch time !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks