Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 08:20   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bengaluru International Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
KSRTC runs flybus to Mysore. If you prefer, you can book the tickets online.
Link: http://www.ksrtc.in/AWATAROnline/man...PORT&to=MYSURU
and you can take an Uber to your final point in Mysore
Old 17th June 2016, 09:19   #242
BHPian

I have used Flybus many times and I personally think it's a fabulous idea and a great help
Old 17th June 2016, 10:11   #243
BHPian

Regarding the long term parking in BIAL, what if the parking lots are full? Has anyone faced that situation as then we don't have any alternative parking and by the time we drop the car back to home and reach airport, flight would have reached its destination.
Old 30th August 2016, 09:27   #244
BHPian

Looks like the parking rates have been revised (for long term at least)!

Name:  KIAL_ParkingRates.PNG
Views: 3042
Size:  29.1 KB

Source

I'm thinking of utilising the long term parking facility at KIAL for a 4 day trip out of Bangalore that is coming up this weekend. Financially, it makes more sense to take a cab both ways with the new rates. But the main reason for taking my own car is the nationwide strike called on 02-Sep-2016, the day I'm travelling out of Bangalore! It would be difficult to trust cabs to turn up on the day of the strike, if at all they operate! The Vayu Vajras also may stay off the roads, not sure.

I had one query: do they allow the car to be covered with a car cover during the long term parking period?
Old 30th August 2016, 09:38   #245
BHPian

Hi looking at the rates on the last post, the 0 to 4 hrs parking rates for cars are no longer available. Parking for cars for 3 hrs would be 150 and parking for 4 hrs would be 200. Earlier the charge upto 4 hrs was 90 only
Old 8th September 2016, 15:00   #246
BHPian

They've hiked the parking rates to that? I'm referring to the image above. My god! I have a redeye tonight and was thinking of using it for 3 nights.

P.S: Is the Mega Cab's Rs. 700 drop still available?
Old 8th September 2016, 15:53   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
P.S: Is the Mega Cab's Rs. 700 drop still available?
Yes it is. And Uber X has a 549 INR (including 120 INR toll) drop from airport to anywhere in the city too. Makes no sense to pay exorbitant parking charges now.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th September 2016 at 15:54.
Old 8th September 2016, 17:21   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Yes it is. And Uber X has a 549 INR (including 120 INR toll) drop from airport to anywhere in the city too. Makes no sense to pay exorbitant parking charges now.
Called up Mega. So they now have a limited quota of Rs.700 ride which is over for the day. So for my booking normal charges will apply, with an estimate of Rs.1300 approx from Bellandur. And then I'll have to pay Rs. 549 to Uber for a drop home. Guess, I'm taking my car. And I forgot to take the car cover which is hiding somewhere in the house.

This new pricing is horrible.

Old 8th September 2016, 17:32   #249
Senior - BHPian

The earlier charge was 300 for the first day and 200 for every additional day. For a four day parking I would shell out 900, which was still cheaper than any taxi to and fro.
Now I would shell out Rs.1400 which is a 55% increase. Which fool decided to increase these charges so astronomically. Now its bye bye to long term parking. Will rely on taxis again.
Old 6th March 2017, 11:42   #250
Senior - BHPian

Does Ola/Uber/Meru add the one-way toll to the fare without the passenger having to pay for it at the toll gate ? What's the one-way toll these days ?
Old 6th March 2017, 12:27   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Does Ola/Uber/Meru add the one-way toll to the fare without the passenger having to pay for it at the toll gate ? What's the one-way toll these days ?
Having used them, I can confirm that Uber and Meru add the toll fare to the overall bill, so you don't need to fork out cash at the toll gate. The toll is Rs. 120.
Old 7th March 2017, 07:33   #252
BHPian

Re: B'lore Customs?

How is the customs inspection done in B'lore airport?

Would they x-ray/scan every baggage for arriving international passengers OR they pick arbitrarily some of them for x-ray/scan inspection?
Old 7th March 2017, 08:13   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How is the customs inspection done in B'lore airport?

Would they x-ray/scan every baggage for arriving international passengers OR they pick arbitrarily some of them for x-ray/scan inspection?
They scan baggage as it comes in. They do it pretty quickly. Nowadays, the focus is on gold and drugs. I guess there is more scrutiny on flights coming in from gulf states and S-E Asia.
Old 7th March 2017, 08:39   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They scan baggage as it comes in. They do it pretty quickly. Nowadays, the focus is on gold and drugs. I guess there is more scrutiny on flights coming in from gulf states and S-E Asia.
I would be traveling from JFK > AUH(Abu Dhabi) > BLR. Would I be considered as passenger from gulf state, even when it was for a connecting flight.

All, I am asking for is.. like am carrying 2 huge pioneer bookshelves in my check-in bags.. and am worried it might catch their attention and lead to unnecessary hassles. I would NOT be having a single gram of gold in my baggage OR on myself.

Last edited by JMaruru : 7th March 2017 at 08:56.
Old 7th March 2017, 08:52   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I would be traveling from JFK > AUH(Abu Dhabi) > BLR. Would I be considered as passenger from gulf state, even when it was for a connecting flight.

All, I am asking for is.. like am carrying 2 huge pioneer bookshelves in my check-in bags.. and am worried it might catch their attention and lead to unnecessary hassles. I would NOT be having a single gram of gold in my baggage OR on me.
I have arrived in Bangalore through Emirates quite regularly. Though I should not be sharing some of the tricks the customs officials use, to answer your question, the officials have a sharp eye during the times when flights from ME arrive. After the passport is stamped on arrival, you go through a metal detector and thats where they actually scan for excess gold. When it comes to baggage, it is scanned too, but they have their own methods of marking them and once you collect your baggage and head out, they approach you and enquire about your baggage articles.

However, I havent been approached anytime, maybe because I have never had high value items with me and even liquor was brought within limit. I have seen people with shopping bags, duty free items being stopped.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks