Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 21:54   #16
BHPian

Eclectix_1st
Great Info. Looks like the travel to the airport is going to take more time than the travel itself. So much for passenger convenience....
Old 20th May 2008, 21:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Eclectix_1st,

What is the source of this document? Seems to word-to-word of an official communication of a particular IT company in Bangalore.

Please do give due credits to the person who might have taken the effort!

It is available on the Bial website: Welcome to Bengaluru International Airport
Old 20th May 2008, 22:08   #18
BHPian

It feels real good that the Airport is opening, i was fearing that this too would go the NICE way that too with the Media and the Politicians enjoying the super birght torch light(and one point of view) blaming every body in BIAL for building an Airport there(Every one stopped talking about the rail link/expressway, but just say it will not work).

This is really necssary for Bangalore.
Old 20th May 2008, 22:49   #19
BHPian

Thanks. But not required (or due) as I am just a messenger.

My friend who works in the advertising dept for BIAL had sent it to me a few days back, but asked me not to share it with anyone till its officially cleared for release.

cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Great informative thread,

Man you've done a good ground work on it, thanks.

Its a matter of pride that this is happening but really disheartening to see till today the traffic towards the Airport is not been managed properly. I take the MG road-Raj Bhavan-Golf Course-Mekhri Circle- CBI -Hebbal Flyover route every day back home.

To travel this 20 kms of strecth i need a minimum of 1 hr and 20 mins and think about the airport 10 kms away from here.
Even tough there are volvo services.
God knows how many of people going to miss more and more flights because of such bad infrastructure.

Bengaluru pls wake up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Eclectix_1st,

What is the source of this document? Seems to word-to-word of an official communication of a particular IT company in Bangalore.

Please do give due credits to the person who might have taken the effort!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
Eclectix_1st
Great Info. Looks like the travel to the airport is going to take more time than the travel itself. So much for passenger convenience....
Old 20th May 2008, 23:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Finally, Sillicon Valley of India will have its own International Airport!

Kudos to Albert Brunner & team!
Old 21st May 2008, 06:38   #21
BHPian

There is some more information regarding this topic...

As you all are aware of the new Bangaluru international airport which would commence its operations from 23rd May 2008.

All flights scheduled to depart after 00:01 hours (local time) of May 23, 2008 will operate from the new Bangaluru International Airport. All flights that have a departure after 00:01 hours (local time) of May 23, 2008 from BIAL are accepted for landing at the new Bangalore International Airport on May 22, 2008. All flights that have a departure until 23:59 hours (local time) of May 22, 2008 will be operated from HAL airport (Current airport). MoCA has confirmed that no commercial flights will depart from the HAL airport after 00:01 of May 23 2008.

Kindly find enclosed a PDF presentation from HRG Sita India for your kind reference

UDF – User Development Fee

Kindly note all passengers are requested to carry INR 675 as domestic departure tax and INR 1075 for international departure tax which needs to be paid by passengers directly at new bangaluru international airport.

Kindly have a look at the infrastructure and travel to New international Airport at Bangalore

The fares indicated below are 1 BMTC, 2 Autos, and 3 Taxi

The BMTC has released the fares of the soon to be introduced 'Airport Bus Service' to BIAL, connecting the airport from eight locations of the city.

These buses will be numbered as BIAL 1 to 7 for the first seven routes that are expected to hit the roads in the last week of March.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bangaluru Airport.pdf (435.2 KB, 3497 views)
Old 21st May 2008, 09:52   #22
BANNED

The road from Enayathullah Mekhri Circle to the Hebbala flyover is still being widened. All of you heading to / coming from Devanahalli, please be extra cautious on this stretch.

Last edited by hrag : 21st May 2008 at 09:55.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Very nice information, I need to be there on the 27th for picking up my family.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:30   #24
BANNED

Brochure mentions about Limousine service. How much would a limousine service would cost per Km? Also what limousines are available?

Last edited by diabloo : 21st May 2008 at 10:47.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Brochure mentions about Limousine service. How much would a limousine service would cost per Km? Also what limousines are available?
The indicative price for premium Cars are Rs 1200 for 25Kms. (Innova, Honda City etc)

I suppose this file would help you clarify your other doubts also.
Easy Guide.pdf
cheers:

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 21st May 2008 at 10:58.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great ! Hope infrastructure projects will take a cue and proceed faster. Its a welcome change to everyone (except some Mishra and Shaw).

Traffic might not be a big issue after Hebbal, although it might be a little slow with right turns in the initial part.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the extra hassle and the extra money to be paid out (higher UDF and higher taxi fare), I think its better to go to Bangalore by bus !!

All in the name of progress !!
Old 21st May 2008, 12:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Looking at the extra hassle and the extra money to be paid out (higher UDF and higher taxi fare), I think its better to go to Bangalore by bus !!

All in the name of progress !!
Traveling to & from Chennai or cities less than 500Kms would make sense in a Bus or Train.

Pune??? unless you can spare a lot of time for the journey it wouldn't make much difference.

You have a fantastic Bus service, so no need to hail a taxi (unless the company is paying for it)

cheers:

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 21st May 2008 at 12:02.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
UDF – User Development Fee

Kindly note all passengers are requested to carry INR 675 as domestic departure tax and INR 1075 for international departure tax which needs to be paid by passengers directly at new bangaluru international airport.
One question , is this tax to be paid only during departure or do they plan to charge for arrivals as well?
Old 21st May 2008, 12:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
One question , is this tax to be paid only during departure or do they plan to charge for arrivals as well?
Its only departures!

I don't think any airport in the world charges for arrivals, unless you fly in your personal jet.

Most Viewed