Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2005, 10:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini

want airtel though but dont want to change my number.
guys do you all think that plan doing rounds in the US where a person can change his cell compan but keep the number will make it to india?

should come up by this year end
only airtel isnt agreeing,rest all stand to benifit
Old 23rd March 2005, 09:34   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Unbelievable. Tata - Indicom has double charged for monthly rentals on my office lines...YET AGAIN!!

GTO
Old 23rd March 2005, 10:26   #18
BHPian

Hey GTO I work on telecom operation support systems. I do testing for the softwares used for billing, customer service and bla bla...

The fixed charges are added to the account by attaching what we call a SOC. Put simply they open your account, add a recurring charge to it. Whenever your account is being billed this recurring charge will add the amount (your rental) to the bill.

Now it is possible that this charge has been added twice over to your account. This happens mainly because of the customer care rep's mistake.

Maybe you would have to ask some senior person to have a look into this issue because the care reps might not have access to remove it from your account.

hope it helps...
Old 23rd March 2005, 11:16   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Harrie,

Yes I have been double charged only for fixed charges. Great stuff with that information...will certainly forward it to my accountant.

Thanks

GTO
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
i have also faced problems from tata connection
they had disconnected my line without sending the bill
ditto with me too . Their Support is Awfully awful . I use their phones for Internet only . It has been a year and I am yet to know their billing cycle.

Terrible service - Hopefully their Car is not as bad as their Phone service.
Old 23rd March 2005, 14:49   #21
BHPian

A good example of how a few below standard careless customer care reps can bring down the company's reputation!!

I am sure this is not the kind of publicity TATA is looking for.

BTW i was present at a seminar delivered by one of TATA Telecom's top honchos. Tata Tele is coming out with their internet access console (a CPU you connect to the TV and use for browsing alone) pretty soon. We would have to pbly pay 2000 bucks for the console. Will make sense for people buying a system only to browse...

Also on the anvil was a dirt cheap phone (i mean real cheap) It would not have a display or ear piece. There will be a key pad. We would have to use a hands free. Since there is no display it will use a button cell like watches.

This info was from the GUY himself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks