Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 16:29   #16
BHPian

These pictures should be sent to the newspaper.
Old 29th May 2008, 12:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Every time I bought something from Big Bazaar, they had goofed up on the offers. Each time I had to tell them that they forgot their offer and then get some cash back (offer will be buy 1 and get 1 free - which they often forget and always blame the system)
Old 29th May 2008, 13:06   #18
Team-BHP Support

Billing at the Big Bazaar on OMR is a major rip-off. As some others here have mentioned, they always goof up on offers and price and then blame the system. Why do they have offers if the system isnt updated at first?!!

Also, they have this scheme where they say you are given free sugar of about 5 kilos if your bill amount crosses Rs.2000/-. Makes you feel happy. Going through the bill later jolts you to the fact that this has been BILLED to you, giving you 5 kilos of sugar which you actually didnt need in the first place!
Old 29th May 2008, 13:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Arrey what are you guys moaning about haan?? It's no negligence, it's their new offer, "Buy a packet of Juice & get a live, airconditioned Cockroach free!!!".

Stupid people man, when will they stop whining & learn to appreciate such "special" offers!
Old 29th May 2008, 14:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Every time I bought something from Big Bazaar, they had goofed up on the offers. Each time I had to tell them that they forgot their offer and then get some cash back (offer will be buy 1 and get 1 free - which they often forget and always blame the system)
& you go back each time?
Old 29th May 2008, 14:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
& you go back each time?
I usually visit BB once in a while....just for the heck of it. Where else in bangalore can u get a feeling of a A/Ced fish market??

OT: There wholesale shop does give some good bargains.

Regards,
Old 29th May 2008, 15:11   #22
Team-BHP Support

Somehow, i have come to prefer Total over BB when it comes to home shopping needs.
Old 29th May 2008, 15:24   #23
BANNED

Even Spar has it too. If you want open-air, there are plenty
Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Where else in bangalore can u get a feeling of a A/Ced fish market??
Old 29th May 2008, 19:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Lucky that you didn't spot the rats. Its common sight in FoodWorld.
Apparently rats are also a common sight in a Neo-natal ICU of a prominent city hospital. Blogging about my experiences with that hospital, should be able to finish it over the weekend.
Old 29th May 2008, 21:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Apparently rats are also a common sight in a Neo-natal ICU of a prominent city hospital. Blogging about my experiences with that hospital, should be able to finish it over the weekend.
Since you are making the allegation, its only fair that you come out with the name of the hospital & save all the tbhpians from going through the agony.
Old 29th May 2008, 22:30   #26
BHPian

Big bazaar is nothing more than a street market. There's chaos and confusion everywhere and top of it the semi trained sales executives howling on their PR system about their buy 1 get 3 offer on top of their voice.

Interesting, i read, it's part of their business model to keep their places unorganized. Kishore Biyani in an interview was relating his store experinces to ancient temples where you have to cross several obstruction before you find the place of worship!! Weird theory i thought!

Talk about organized retailing, the neighbourhood kirana stores are anyday better than BB.
Old 30th May 2008, 13:22   #27
BHPian

Expired stuff at Reliance Fresh

Apart from insects what I find in Reliance fresh-kanakapura road is expired stuff. A sandwich spread whose expiry was july 2007 was removed after I complained in Jan 2008. A March 2008 expired milk carton was removed in May 2008 after I complained thrice and . A new trainee manager has come and he has promised to take care of this. I feel most people do not have the habit of looking at the expiry date before purchasing.

I have stopped buying anything other than vegetables which is really good at Reliance.
Old 30th May 2008, 13:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Since you are making the allegation, its only fair that you come out with the name of the hospital & save all the tbhpians from going through the agony.
As I mentioned, I am writing a blog about my experiences. I should be able to complete it over the weekend. Will post the link here.
Old 30th May 2008, 17:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
& you go back each time?
Well, I have shopped from BB may be 4-5 times during the past couple of years. Mostly my wife ends up buying some stuff and then my duty is to check the final bill. And every time there was a goof up. So I have now sort of trained myself to spot the error - it is quite a task to read through their non-descript bill and understand it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks