Old 13th July 2010, 20:35   #2206
BHPian

@holyghost

Amazing pics buddy.Really awesome.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:08   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Look like a group of gangsters meaning business.
Powerful pictures, I say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
They look like triplets wearing different shoes. I think you should convince the owners and do an exclusive Dicor trip around some place in TVM. You can end up with wallpaper stuff.
Thanks guys! Let me see

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ jkdas: as someone said, meeting point of gangsters! but look, someone is spying on you! [i see a scorpio in the 4th pic!]

@ holyghost: marvellous pics buddy, too good.
Haha, maybe he stopped to walk down to bevco stall ( which is dead opp to it) !

@holyghost

Wow man! that was a surprise ! I passed the info to Sharath!
Old 13th July 2010, 23:19   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Rocking pictures there Holyghost!! phew the one in the lake is the best... please do share the travelouge and expecting more posts from you.
Thank you my friend. The photo in the lake had scared the hell out of me. Didn't judge the depth properly and both the front wheels took a sudden plunge deep between the rocks.
You can see the water level at front.
I had to use 4L with some cotrolled clucth to pull it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
@holyghost:

Nice pictures.

P.S: You have blocked the path of air that hits the radiator and hence the heat dissipation is also affected. This is not good for the health of engine.
The lights were fiixed 1 week before my trip. My plan was to fix it at bumper level as I was worried about the air flow. But the service advisor at TASS assured me that it will not affect the cooling. Anyways I had made the provision to lower the lights to bumper level just by unscrewing 2 bolts.
But during the entire trip, I did not find even a slightest increase on temp indicator, and hence left it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ holyghost: marvellous pics buddy, too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
@holyghost

Amazing pics buddy.Really awesome.
Thanks Raj & Aniket6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
@holyghost

Wow man! that was a surprise ! I passed the info to Sharath!
The planning was going on for a while. Never thought everyone would get leaves for 2+ weeks. And when it got confirmed we just zipped away.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:00   #2209
Senior - BHPian

When Black Storm Visited Kerala

Some pics from my visit to Kerala

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-1.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-2.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-3.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-4.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-5.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-6.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-8.jpg

....Contd.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:04   #2210
Senior - BHPian

The final set

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-9.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-10.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-11.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-12.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-13.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-14.jpg

Cheers,
Hari.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:34   #2211
Senior - BHPian

hari looks like you paid Vagamon a visit . I see the same trail where maggie reversed my Scorp' without realizing that there was a cliff a few feet away from where he was parked.
Old 15th July 2010, 11:55   #2212
BHPian

Dear All,

My wait is finally over, booking the Tata Safari LX through the CSD this week end after i got a confirmation from somebody i know in TM regional office here in gurgaon that the next generation safari is atleast a year away and also it'll sport the same engine, there are some changes to the exterior and minor ones to the interior (Head Lamps, tail lamps, no spare wheel onthe tail gate). I guess i cant wait any longer and more so i have always loved this shape, so its better to go in this one than wait for the one which is anticipated.

I am booking the LX in black colour, will get the bumpers painted black and get front fog lamps fitted. TML has now introduced the beige interiors in the LX as well so i guess i'll go in for that. The dealer has quoted me Rs 14000 for body colour bumpers and Rs 5000 for Fog Lamps with original fitting.

Because i am buying it through the CSD so i guess i am not entitled to any further discounts, but this what i'll finally get:

50% off on Insurance (Company Scheme)
Rs 5000 cash discount ( Will get it adjusted towards the fog lamps)

Ques: Csd only has BS III vehicles, what is the basic difference in BS III & BS IV? The only difference i know is that BS III cars can not get registered in Metro cities. I will get mine registered in Jallandhar.

Planning to get a new set of alloys (Chrome Prestige) and tyres Maxxis 295/50/16 for delhi.

Your suggestions are welcome.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:14   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
The final set

Cheers,
Hari.
Great pics buddy! The black safari is awesome!!! Which place is it?
Old 16th July 2010, 13:17   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsyngh View Post

Ques: Csd only has BS III vehicles, what is the basic difference in BS III & BS IV? The only difference i know is that BS III cars can not get registered in Metro cities. I will get mine registered in Jallandhar.
I have tried the BS4 safari. The engine is much more smooth than BS3. Makes much less noise and low on vibration. I felt as if I started a car engine. BTW, I drive a BS3.

Along with the registration aspect, BS4 is more refined and low on emission. The precise reason why not allowed to be sold and registered in 13 Metros.

May be there are somemore technical differences. Will leave it to experts to answer.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:55   #2215
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Gsyngh

If there is a substantial price benefit then BSIII will do fine provided you can get it registered legally and do not have to evade the traffic police all the time. BS4 less fuel effecient, slightly more refined, yet to be tested if the fuel effeciency or power delivery is better, one of the two would improve, since the power figures have not changed, the effeciency should be slightly better. But the difference vs BSIII would not be huge the call is fine.

Continuing further on this query here would be going too much off the topic and this can be taken up in one of the other Tata Safari threads or the BSIII vs BSIV threads

Congrats on your purchase.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:01   #2216
Senior - BHPian

great pics lukeskywalker, some are truly wallpaper material.
Old 17th July 2010, 08:06   #2217
Senior - BHPian

@ NitVin
Quote:
Great pics buddy! The black safari is awesome!!! Which place is it?
Thanks, the places are Munnar and Vagamon.
Old 17th July 2010, 15:50   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Some digital play

Here are some pics I clicked near my farm and then played around with some digital editing software:

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-safari1-1024x768.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-safari2-1024x768.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-safari3-1024x768.jpg

Cheers,
Hari.
Old 18th July 2010, 11:49   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsyngh View Post
Dear All,

My wait is finally over, booking the Tata Safari LX through the CSD this week end after i got a confirmation from somebody i know in TM regional office here in gurgaon that the next generation safari is atleast a year away and also it'll sport the same engine, there are some changes to the exterior and minor ones to the interior (Head Lamps, tail lamps, no spare wheel onthe tail gate). I guess i cant wait any longer and more so i have always loved this shape, so its better to go in this one than wait for the one which is anticipated.

I am booking the LX in black colour, will get the bumpers painted black and get front fog lamps fitted. TML has now introduced the beige interiors in the LX as well so i guess i'll go in for that. The dealer has quoted me Rs 14000 for body colour bumpers and Rs 5000 for Fog Lamps with original fitting.

Because i am buying it through the CSD so i guess i am not entitled to any further discounts, but this what i'll finally get:

50% off on Insurance (Company Scheme)
Rs 5000 cash discount ( Will get it adjusted towards the fog lamps)

Planning to get a new set of alloys (Chrome Prestige) and tyres Maxxis 295/50/16 for delhi.

Your suggestions are welcome.
Just want to say that 5k for the fog lamps is outrageous. Does it include the dashboard console of the EX that includes the front and rear foglamp, remote fuel lid opener, rear was and wipe buttons? I got my front fogs, rear fogs and the console for ~ 4.5k. The dealer deducts the price of the stock LX console and the rear reflectors. Otherwise, the console is 3.9k, rear fogs ~ 400 a piece and front fogs ~ 800 a piece.

BTW. Congrats on the acquisition

Last edited by rideon : 18th July 2010 at 11:50. Reason: Felicitation
Old 19th July 2010, 16:54   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Just want to say that 5k for the fog lamps is outrageous. Does it include the dashboard console of the EX that includes the front and rear foglamp, remote fuel lid opener, rear was and wipe buttons? I got my front fogs, rear fogs and the console for ~ 4.5k. The dealer deducts the price of the stock LX console and the rear reflectors. Otherwise, the console is 3.9k, rear fogs ~ 400 a piece and front fogs ~ 800 a piece.

BTW. Congrats on the acquisition
Outrageous? Last weekend I added front fog lamps to our Spark LS and it did cost me Rs. 5319 including assemblies, console and labor. This is net of 5% discount from the GM workshop in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
The final set

Cheers,
Hari.
Great pictures. Saw your Safari parked in Forum Value Mall last night (@about 9:30 pm), when we were driving out. Noticed because of the two tone and the cute font on the number plate.

Where did you stay in Munnar?

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 19th July 2010 at 16:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks