Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2008, 23:09   #511
BHPian

From front and back, the Grey claddings looks better for a Safari than the body colored bumpers.

But for the side view, body colored bumpers look better. If you have a White or Silver color SAFARI, Get the painting, For Mountain Grey or Black I prefer Grey color bumpers.

And I am still having the Grey cladding for my EX Safari, even my workshop is ready to do the 2k painting for Rs. 7000

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 29th October 2008 at 23:16.
Old 29th October 2008, 23:21   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
...And I am still having the Grey cladding for my EX Safari, even my workshop is ready to do the 2k painting for Rs. 7000
Not sure if I understood that part. What is 2k painting? And, you mean Rs. 7000 for the side claddings only? And, by workshop, you mean...?
Old 30th October 2008, 01:57   #513
BHPian

2K painting is the process which is used by all A.S.S. And workshop means my usual service centre, not the T.A.S.S

No, 7k for the entire claddings, not the side only. This is the actual expense for the cost of paint and labor. All T.A.S.S are cheating you.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 30th October 2008 at 01:59.
Old 30th October 2008, 12:36   #514
BHPian

Hi

Hi

Sorry about the SMS keywords. Will avoid them hereafter. That 18000kms was covered half across Tamil Nadu and half in chennai alone. cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post

On a more serious note ram.west, leave this habit of typing ma, u and such short SMSey words. Thats considered an offence on the board. Read the rules mate and make an effort to type in the whole words (I mean proper English words).

By the way, 18000 kms in 5 months?!! Mate, if you don't mind my asking so, what do you exactly use this vehicle for?
Old 30th October 2008, 16:16   #515
BHPian

Hi

Any clue on how much the bull bar cost for the Safari? I've been trying to read all the accessories forum but to my vain not able to find it. Since i am a newbie here blocked not able to find out exactly?

Old 31st October 2008, 11:24   #516
BHPian

Problem with the Power Window Lock

Hi ,

Does anyone here have a problem in their power windows lock. The one in mine does'nt seem to work. I checked with the TASC they said it won't work as it is not a feature of the car. I was completely taken aback by that , cause i checked with the manual and found that it actually works. Anyone here have similar problems??

Regards,
Ramesh.S
Old 31st October 2008, 12:35   #517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Hi ,

Does anyone here have a problem in their power windows lock. The one in mine does'nt seem to work. I checked with the TASC they said it won't work as it is not a feature of the car. I was completely taken aback by that , cause i checked with the manual and found that it actually works. Anyone here have similar problems??

Regards,
Ramesh.S
The power windows lock is only meant for the rear windows. Only the rear window buttons dont work when locked. BUT the same windows inspite of lock will work from the drivers side, thats the way it workscheers:
Old 31st October 2008, 12:39   #518
Team-BHP Support

Guys, this is a thread for the Safari pics. Isnt it better we do just that here?
The technical issues already have a dedicated thread for the same.
Old 31st October 2008, 14:40   #519
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Just want to take count of number of Safari's Owned by T-BHP members.

Would like everyone to contribute to this thread.

1) Car Pics-Different Profiles
2) ICE Setup-if any
3) Wheels- If changed
4) Kms Done and a small review
5) Pro's and Con's so far
6) A link to your BHP garage

This thread is done purely for the love of this wonderful SUV from TATA
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Guys, this is a thread for the Safari pics. Isnt it better we do just that here?
The technical issues already have a dedicated thread for the same.

We are discussing Pro's and con's here, which is an evident part of this thread.

If its going off topic, there are moderators to act on it, why are you getting worked up.

Enjoy the pics and the thread, there's lots for everyone to learn about the Safari here.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:11   #520
Team-BHP Support

Okie, missed the pros and cons part. May there be peace.
Please continue.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:23   #521
BHPian

Hey Pavan

I'm absolutely new to the forum and to the beast. I'm confused on what type of bull bars i should go for. I like the one on GodFather's Bull but in my city whatever Safari I come across its the steel one . Please guide.

Regards,
Ramesh
Old 31st October 2008, 16:53   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
I'm absolutely new to the forum and to the beast. I'm confused on what type of bull bars i should go for. I like the one on GodFather's Bull but in my city whatever Safari I come across its the steel one . Please guide.

Regards,
Ramesh
Ramesh, why do you want the bull bar ? Its a safety hazard as it interferes with the crumple zones of the car.

If its for cosmetic reasons, then go for the carryboy/hiker black color bull bar. or if you intend to mount driving lights, then fabricate your own, something which comes upto the lower part of the grille.

cheers.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:00   #523
BHPian

Thanks Srini

Ya I was thinking the same after completely reading through the thread. Some of my friends where asking me why i had not put the bull bar yet. So wanted to check with you people on what to do. Anyways thanks for the fast reply.

And hey am new to riding the bull and its my first car.

Can ya people give me some advice on its maintenance and other cons of the ride.

Regards ,
Ramesh.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:03   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Ramesh, why do you want the bull bar ? Its a safety hazard as it interferes with the crumple zones of the car.

If its for cosmetic reasons, then go for the carryboy/hiker black color bull bar. or if you intend to mount driving lights, then fabricate your own, something which comes upto the lower part of the grille.

cheers.
Absolutely agree. In fact, since the bull bars are attached directly to the chassis, it will take the full brunt of a major impact and you don't want to twist your chassis!

if you want to mount lights, look at some pics of my safari in this thread. I have mounted two roadboy lights on the bumper by fabrication of two small metal brackets. These were welded onto the body after removing the bumper and then the bumper was refitted and corresponding holes were made.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:14   #525
BHPian

Regarding the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Absolutely agree. In fact, since the bull bars are attached directly to the chassis, it will take the full brunt of a major impact and you don't want to twist your chassis!

if you want to mount lights, look at some pics of my safari in this thread. I have mounted two roadboy lights on the bumper by fabrication of two small metal brackets. These were welded onto the body after removing the bumper and then the bumper was refitted and corresponding holes were made.

Hey tejas,

Saw your Safari, nice ride . Was just curious about this, sorry if I sound dumb. Won't those lights block the airflow to the radiator??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks