Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 19:09   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedagiri1983 View Post
THE GREY SAFARI THERE WAS THE 1ST ONE I HAD TO BUY THOUGH it WAS A 2X4 BUT UNFORTUNATELY I COULD NOT ..BUT IT WAS FOR GOOD THAT I GOT A BETTER ONE 4x4 EX WHICH I HAVE NOW.. BUT STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR THAT..(THINK YOU TOO HAVE SHREYAS..

Yes man..don't remind me of the time i have missed this babe
Old 7th January 2009, 19:23   #812
BHPian

@vedagiri
one of the photos show a pair of horns next to the front number plate, why external fittings, out of some emergency fix perhaps?
Old 7th January 2009, 20:02   #813
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
He's having 100/135 watt Philips bulbs for the headlights and stock bulb for high beam and 100 watt single filament Narva bulb for the bumper fog lamps.

How do i know???? I was there when it was fixed
Why? Why on earth did Tata stop providing dual headlamps for Safari? IMHO dual headlights for dedicated high and low beams should be made compulsory in all cars. But then probably there are too many zombies who would drive with hi beam on always!
Old 8th January 2009, 00:04   #814

Ya i had fixed the HELLA red grill outside but later found that it spoilt the descent look of my car..so now i have them inside the bumper just behind the number plate.. but not exactly happy with it as the sound echoes inside the engine room and in to the cabin..nd is quite disturbing..have to think of another way ..
Old 8th January 2009, 10:10   #815
Senior - BHPian

Shreyasma, Thanks for the info. I would want to try the Narva single filament 100W for my fogs tooo!!
Old 8th January 2009, 14:39   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Shreyasma, Thanks for the info. I would want to try the Narva single filament 100W for my fogs tooo!!
Yes sir...it makes a lot of difference compared to the stock ones....But get a headlamp relay in the circuit, else, you wont get the exact output that it has to deliver.

In Vedagiri's safari, we have 2 relays for the headlamps and 1 for the fog. with all the lights ON, its revenge time
Old 8th January 2009, 14:44   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Why? Why on earth did Tata stop providing dual headlamps for Safari? IMHO dual headlights for dedicated high and low beams should be made compulsory in all cars. But then probably there are too many zombies who would drive with hi beam on always!
I personally love the dedlicated lights feature. when high beam ON, both the dedicated high beam bulb and the high beam of the 100/135 are on

You can notice in one of the pics vedagiri has uploaded here
Old 8th January 2009, 16:34   #818
Senior - BHPian

Shreyasma, Thanks for the info. Will try this over this weekend and post an update asap!
Old 8th January 2009, 17:27   #819

Hey hi,
Surya didn't get a chance to reply as my pal shreyas has already done.Anyway a few more to say regarding this...I just did that up last week..Still have not find for light adjustment..so not exactly still happy with it.Will do up this weekend.. Heard that there are aligners for the fog also..seems interesting.Will have to see this weekend..
Old 8th January 2009, 17:30   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hi,
Here are my Safari pics after much delay

Regards
Amit
Amit Nice ride along with the good set of alloys and the seat covers combination looks very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedagiri1983 View Post
OOPS .. Did some mistake when i uploaded earlier..so uploaded once again..(#798)
Veda the 3.0L looks stunning and enjoy your drive a lot and keep making your own roads.

Veda the stickeirng on your ride looks good with the A being done in Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post

Still not a single issue with this first batch, first of the lot Safari 2.2 - still now it has not let us down [we and our small child] in those forests either in the day or at night - these places were so remote [some part were of Naxalite territory] it would have taken at least 3-4 days just to take the Safari out of the forests.

Anyway enough of eulogising, the pics now.
What can i say about you ADC, the man who does not get tired of driving at all.

One day in future your son is going to kill you if he sees the pictures of the places you have visited when he was a kid. Sighting that he could not enjoy these places

Last edited by gowda79 : 8th January 2009 at 17:32.
Old 8th January 2009, 17:39   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Veda the 3.0L looks stunning and enjoy your drive a lot and keep making your own roads.

Veda the stickeirng on your ride looks good with the A being done in Red
Bro, this is not a 3.0L safari. Its the old TCIC beast.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:12   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Bro, this is not a 3.0L safari. Its the old TCIC beast.
Ooops

Thanks for correcting as i was viewing another thread on 3.0L typed in the same here
Old 8th January 2009, 19:34   #823
BHPian

Vedagiri, We have to try our hand taking a pic with all the lights on and post.

I know for sure that the camera phones die to capture the light directly. Lets try this weekend.
Old 9th January 2009, 09:00   #824
Senior - BHPian

Even the latest INDIGO has headlights like the old SAFARI.

If I remember right, only transport vehicles under the motor vehicles act can have dual headlights. That's why passenger vehicles have one main light and extra supplementary light for high beam.

I've never driven a vehicle with fog lights on. How is the experience? Is it meant to be used only in fog or like the SWIFT guys, fog lights on while driving in the city and pilot lamps in the headlight?
Old 9th January 2009, 10:42   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I've never driven a vehicle with fog lights on. How is the experience? Is it meant to be used only in fog or like the SWIFT guys, fog lights on while driving in the city and pilot lamps in the headlight?
Arun, only the name is fog lamps...its doesnt serve the purpose like the "Actual fog lamps". These are fit to be used only in city.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks