Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 13:58   #1801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
thanks i.1979 for the pics. I got it confirmed from TASS that the new VX models come with a different IRVM with a bigger LCD screen. My IRVM has to be changed under warranty as i get a hissing noise from the speakers when FM is on and I engage the reverse gear. This is a problem with all VX models. U should check yours out too.
I have been following up with them for more than a month, but they say the model in my car is not available and will still take another week to ten days to come.
i checked mine. yes there is some hissing noise. thanks Sid for sharing this. i will go to the dealer on wednesday and want to see what is his reply regarding this.
Do you think it can be eleminated by changing the IRVM?
Old 1st November 2009, 22:10   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.1979 View Post
i checked mine. yes there is some hissing noise. thanks Sid for sharing this. i will go to the dealer on wednesday and want to see what is his reply regarding this.
Do you think it can be eleminated by changing the IRVM?
TASS changed both the IRVM and reverse cam for one of our bhpian's. Lets see whether the noise goes once they replace my IRVM.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:25   #1803
Senior - BHPian

i.1979; any idea regarding the width? 17k is a nice price IMHO.

And can we see more photo...the ex-job ones
Old 5th November 2009, 17:31   #1804
BHPian

I am looking for a Front Fender Mirror for my Safari (The ones which comes with Land Cruiser and Fortuner). I have seen a couple Safari in Bangalore that had this. Just wondering where I can find this?
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-fendormirror.jpg
Old 5th November 2009, 18:15   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I am looking for a Front Fender Mirror for my Safari (The ones which comes with Land Cruiser and Fortuner). I have seen a couple Safari in Bangalore that had this. Just wondering where I can find this?
Attachment 222405
Same here. If you find the source plz share with me.
Old 5th November 2009, 19:40   #1806
BHPian

I was also looking for it. Please post if you know where to get it. I have seen it on Ford Endeavour also.
Old 6th November 2009, 00:02   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Same here. If you find the source plz share with me.
I am looking at the option to fit the Forutner mirror if it fits properly on my Safari. I will check with my friend in Nandi Toyota about the pricing. Since being a OEM accessory, I am expecting a premium price.

Anyways will let you know the price of Toyota. Also will try a round in JC road this weekend.
Old 6th November 2009, 09:49   #1808
BHPian

Good News: The Fortuner Mirror can be fixed on Safari .Its just a matter of drilling two holes on the fender. People have fixed them without any issues on Innovas and Safaris.

Now the Bad news: The mirror retails for Rs5000 at Toyota dealerships. Can get it for Rs3000 if you know someone in Toyota. Actual price is Rs1500, but you will have to import it from Thailand (Toyota imports these accessories from Thailand).

Last edited by Holyghost : 6th November 2009 at 09:52.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:39   #1809
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This is easyly available with accessory outlets.

1) Crome or Glossy Black mirrors in Pastic - cost less than Rs. 1000 but are tacky and delicate. - Fitted in the gap between the bonnet and fendor via clamps or screws.

2) The better option is the Toyota mirror. Costly but good quality.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:55   #1810
BHPian

Where can we find these in Delhi/NCR. I would prefer the one with clamps than drilling a hole.
Also I plan to go to Bimbra tomorrow to check out Nudge guards. Are there any other shops in Delhi where I can look for Nudge guards?
Old 6th November 2009, 13:03   #1811
BHPian

@ACM: I have seen those mirrors, but they wont serve my purpose. This one is different. These mirrors protrude out from the corner tip of the fender and has 2 split mirrors. On one mirror, you can see the front bumper and on the other one you will have the view of left corner of the bumper and probably the left tyres.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:04   #1812
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ACM: I have seen those mirrors, but they wont serve my purpose. This one is different. These mirrors protrude out from the corner tip of the fender and has 2 split mirrors. On one mirror, you can see the front bumper and on the other one you will have the view of left corner of the bumper and probably the left tyres.
The mirrors I was referring to were exactly of the kind you mention. I was inspired to put them on by the Land Cruiser which also has them. I had them clamped (to ridge between bonet and side but then had to throw them away due to the tacky quality. This was about 3 years back. They do split and they do protude out of the side corner.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:19   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The mirrors I was referring to were exactly of the kind you mention. I was inspired to put them on by the Land Cruiser which also has them. I had them clamped (to ridge between bonet and side but then had to throw them away due to the tacky quality. This was about 3 years back. They do split and they do protude out of the side corner.
I thought you were referring to the ones which we fix in the middle portion of the fenders. Anyways, I will check it out in JC Road. The quality must have improved in last 3 years . If not, I'll stick to Toyota mirrors.

Last edited by Holyghost : 6th November 2009 at 14:20.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:09   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Finally clicked some pics of the Hella Rallye 700FFs that were gifted by my better half, way back in September! The Beast completed 3 years with the family on 19th October & has notched up 72,364 kms as of this morning.........
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-safari-ins-001.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-safari-ins-003.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-safari-ins-007.jpg

Last edited by suman : 9th November 2009 at 18:11.
Old 9th November 2009, 19:15   #1815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good News: The Fortuner Mirror can be fixed on Safari .Its just a matter of drilling two holes on the fender. People have fixed them without any issues on Innovas and Safaris.

Now the Bad news: The mirror retails for Rs5000 at Toyota dealerships. Can get it for Rs3000 if you know someone in Toyota. Actual price is Rs1500, but you will have to import it from Thailand (Toyota imports these accessories from Thailand).
Will that be really useful? If yes, I will try finding one for my Scorpio (I haven;t seen anyone fitted that in Scorpio).
Also I found one round mirror within the Rear view mirror in someone's car. I searched and found its for reducing blind spot, is that so? Anyone using it?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks