Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the EURO 2008 ?
Germany 26 63.41%
Russia 4 9.76%
Spain 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 12:56   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
@ mayurpalav. Ahh, mate, where did Germany go from your list ? And guess Nedved already retired. But still, Czech, Turkey and Poland are the strongest underdogs for me.
Apologies to all German fans, My bad...

Well, you never know they might just be the team to watch out for in this edition.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:18   #32
BANNED

Go Ballack Go. This has to be his Cup.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

I think it will be Italy adding to their already won world cup. But honestly, does not like them for their rough play and attitude, wish the Dutch come out of their last-8(QF) and last-4(SF) mess ups they have done all through the years.
Old 7th June 2008, 12:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

SHOW TIME fellas.

The action starts today with the Swiss taking on the Czechs in the 1st match (2100 hrs) and a mouth watering Portugal v/s Turkey clash later on (2330 hrs).

For those who want a simple excel sheet to keep track of the results and stuff when you enter the match results , get the excel file free at Excel Add-Ins | VBA | Schedule in Excel.
Old 8th June 2008, 10:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

The Czech win 1-0 and Portugal win 2-0. Nice I like it.

Now today - Croatia v/s Austria and the big one Germany v/s Poland at 2330.

I feel Croatia and Germany should win.
Old 8th June 2008, 12:51   #36
BHPian

I saw both matches and felt that Czech were lucky to get 3 points.Swiss gave them hard time time but could not convert chances that came their way.

This is where big teams are better,even when they are not playing well,they somehow managed to win most of the matches coz they know how to handle pressure and can make full use of few chances that they get.

Other match was of really high quality and Portugal played really well to win 2-0 against a team like Turkey which are a tough nut to crack.They way Portugal played this match and if they continue same from,they will be the team to beat here.
Old 8th June 2008, 21:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Go Ballack Go. This has to be his Cup.
Ballack has had a wonderful time this year. With his No. 13 jersey, this is how his year at Chelsea ended.

1: Losing finalist at the Carling Cup.
2: Losing finalist at the Champions League.
3: Runners-up in the EPL race.

And talk about the Ballack effect, he had a similar year while he was in Leverkusen in 2002. And how did a major event end up that year ? Yeah! Germany lost the WC Finals to Brazil. Though he dint play.

Given the other better teams this time around, I dont think Germany can even dream of thinking to win the Cup
Old 8th June 2008, 21:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

The worst part is that from the QF's to the Final's everything is at midnight :(
Old 8th June 2008, 21:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The worst part is that from the QF's to the Final's everything is at midnight :(
European soccer is all about pleasing the TV Channels!!

What is midnight for us.. is primetime for them
Old 9th June 2008, 10:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Germany won easier than I was expecting. Was actually expecting Poland to give a much tougher fight.

I didn't get to catch the Austria / Croatia match.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Germany won easier than I was expecting. Was actually expecting Poland to give a much tougher fight.

I didn't get to catch the Austria / Croatia match.
Poland, for all that they have achieved during the Qualifiers (Finishing above Portugal in the group) and all, still looked like a side which lacks quality. I guess Germany and Croatia will move on.. without much of a fight.

The real fight starts today. Holland vs Italy!! Go ORANJE!!
Old 9th June 2008, 11:51   #42
BHPian

Missed the action last two days. But will catch up with the matches from the proverbial "Group of Death" today.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:56   #43
BHPian

Germany looked really good yesterday...specially on the attack. Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Klose all of them looked good. The only guy to look shaky was probably Lehmann, and that is not good at all. Anyway, good one coming up today-Italy's defensive prowess against the Dutch flair. Dutch always let themselves down with a poor defense. Remember, this is the defense past which Austria (saw them yesterday, not impressed) put 3 goals during qualifying!!! While Italy is not renowned for attacking, but there is this guy called Toni whom I really like (plays for Leverkusen in Germany, I think). Should be a good one. First upset also possible today, with France against Romania. While I would expect France to win today, they are always poor starters, and Romania is not a bad team. Fingers crossed they come through ok today!!!
Old 9th June 2008, 20:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
First upset also possible today, with France against Romania. While I would expect France to win today, they are always poor starters, and Romania is not a bad team. Fingers crossed they come through ok today!!!
Infact Romania can also fancy their chances and they do have capability to do it.I voted for dutch team but somehow i feel that it will be italy and Romania who will move to next stage.
Old 10th June 2008, 09:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

A 3-0 thrashing for Italy from the Dutch - a first victory in 30 years. cheers:

And as I expected a draw in the other game. Romania actually looked a bit more slower than the French - and that surprised me !

Today - Come on Spain and Sweden though I feel the Greeks and the Swedes will draw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks