Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the EURO 2008 ?
Germany 26 63.41%
Russia 4 9.76%
Spain 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 12:29   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Also 2nd half was dominated by Italy, but they were unlucky to miss so many shots going wide or straight to Van der sar, it was just not their day.
I agree here. In teh second half, the Italians came back much stronger, and there was much more conviction to their attacks, specially with the addition of Grosso and Del Piero. Was a tough day for them, and the better overall team on the day i.e. Netherlands won.

Between, the Italians always had a watertight defence more as a tradition but looks like Cannavaro's absence was quite glaring.
Old 14th June 2008, 02:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

Anyone saw the Netherlands vs France match? I'm rooting for netherlands now... they just seem unbeatable so far.
Old 14th June 2008, 07:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Anyone saw the Netherlands vs France match? I'm rooting for netherlands now... they just seem unbeatable so far.
Absolutely outplayed France. Hope that they finally, finally live up to their reputation.
Old 14th June 2008, 09:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Both the World Cup finalists have been trashed, screwed, battered and humiliated by the Oranje. Just hope they continue their form.

I loved the look on Henry's face when Robben scored. Robben dint even allow Henry to celebrate for more than a min
Old 14th June 2008, 15:11   #80
Team-BHP Support

I would say Italy were both unlucky to have a goal ruled out, and now lucky to still be alive in the tournament. Romaina played a good game, and took their chances when they came. Mutu's penalty kick was a half hearted attempt.

I didnt get to watch the Dutch vs French game, but the highlights alone made up for it. Good going by the Dutch. About time they got their due.
Old 14th June 2008, 15:35   #81
BHPian

I am so elated seeing the Dutch play against France. That style of football has not been seen for a long time! Wonderful!
France had some good moments - Ribery was outstanding, Malouda shone, and perhaps they needed Anelka in earlier. Henry really needs to play in Arsenal again - he needs that type of free-flow game to sparkle.
But the Dutch - takes my breath away.
Unfortunately I know, teams that sparkle early on never seem to carry on to the finals. My money is on the Portuguese this year.

Last edited by filcord : 14th June 2008 at 15:37.
Old 14th June 2008, 20:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

Italy played well y'day but were bit unlucky to be denied a 1st half goal by Luca Toni's header, and in 2nd half they got their luck back to save Mutu's penalty kick.

Expect a hot pre-QF match btw Italy & France on Tueday.

Dutch is playing superb this time, all their talented players are clicking well together, hope they continue their fine run.
Old 14th June 2008, 21:02   #83
BHPian

Dutch seems to be "orange" hot right now.They are not satisfied with just one or two goal win.

They are playing very attacking football and it seems to be working,obviously.Other teams will or rather should learn something from Dutch.

Regarding other match,Italy were unlucky not to win that match but should curse themselves as they missed many chances in 1st half.
Old 15th June 2008, 01:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

Netherlands seems to be on top of their game now, the way they played against was France was just fabulous. I just hope that they'll carry on with this form till the Finals. But somehow I'm having a feeling this time it'll be a Portuguese Euro, although I'm rooting for Netherlands.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 15th June 2008 at 01:30.
Old 16th June 2008, 02:54   #85
BHPian

TUrkey, what a comeback :O
Old 16th June 2008, 09:50   #86
BHPian

Italy played well but miraculously missed goals. Italy's trademark game used to be to score goals in few chances. This time the were peppering Romania's penalty area with crosses, corners and what not, but goals

Spain disaapointed in their win (thanks to D.Villa). They are currently playing just like Barca- looking for that perfect goal. Fabregas cooling his heels on the bench is a pathetic sight for any soccer fan.
Old 16th June 2008, 11:09   #87
Senior - BHPian

I slept early yesterday - got up in the middle of the night for water - switched on the TV and checked the score - Czech 2 - Turkey 0

Went back to sleep - in the morning woke up and the 1st flash on the news channel - Turkey 3 - Czech 2

Must have been a rocking game.

And the Swiss won over the Portugese ?
Old 16th June 2008, 11:22   #88
Team-BHP Support

I was surprised and left wondering what on earth happened to the game which was to be telecast at 9:30PM. Waited a while, and tried to think of reasons as to why the match was not being shown. Waited till 11:30, and got my answer. They are being played at the same time!

Turkey, however did they manage it?! Amazing!
And the Swiss.. looks like their efforts paid off.
Old 16th June 2008, 13:10   #89
BHPian

Portugal fielded a second string side keeping in mind the QF's. For the Swiss it was only a consolation after having already being knocked out of the competition.

Turkey must have played unbelievable in the last 15 minutes to come up with that sort of comeback. Czech once again disappoint. They missed Rosicky badly. What on earth happened to Petr Cech, arguably the best goalkeeper at the moment!
Old 16th June 2008, 14:48   #90
Senior - BHPian

Shucks! From y'day, all remaining Euro 2008 matches will be played at 12.15AM IST!

Can't miss out some interesting last round Group matches, we have one tommorow - Italy vs France.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks