Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the EURO 2008 ?
Germany 26 63.41%
Russia 4 9.76%
Spain 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 11:53   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Nah wanderlustindia, normally the body clock is used to late nights in March/April/May when it comes to crunch time in the Champions League. June/July/August is the off season; this time the off season will have to wait till the second week of July.

PS: I told my boss I won't turn up with blood shot eyes on Wednesdays and Thursdays any more after the Champions League final. He is going to kill me.
It sure was a marathon, the final.

Yes, the body clock has adjusted to the Champions League and the Euro is just 10 days away. So, okay with me.

Are ESPN-Star Sports broadcasting the Euro matches in India? Or Ten Sports?
Old 29th May 2008, 12:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
And loads of SMS's flying back and forth ;-) ... vll bet a bottle of KF every game between you and me !!
Yep sms and beer !!

Quote:
I say Portugal
My heart says Portugal but the mind says Germany. And a dull ache in my heart says Spain.
Old 29th May 2008, 12:40   #18
F50
Senior - BHPian

For me its:
1) Germany
2) Italy
Old 29th May 2008, 14:18   #19
BHPian

All in all, with all our favorites.

Greece would want to do repeat of last time.

Spain would want to shed the tag of under achievers

France would want to redeem themselves after the WC final

Italy would want to repeat the WC final.

Nederlands - I have my doubts, Very talented but suspect temperament (Yeah, and I too hope Persie stays injured)

Czech - Is Nedved playing ? If he ain't there. It's gonna be mighty difficult.

Portugal - They will be fancing their chances, no doubt a lot of money will be riding on them.

The rest - Switzerland, Austria, Turkey, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia and Sweden would be the underdogs.

We'll have our answer on the 30th of June.

P.S. - At the last Wc I was supporting Spain and Ghana, they didn't win but Ghana put up a brilliant display.

Looking forward to 24 days of amazing European football.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:52   #20
BHPian

I just realised I might miss the last stage of the Championship. I am travelling to my native place in UP on 21st. Though, we have a DTH service there, i doubt we are getting any sports channels there. Bad planning on my part!
Old 29th May 2008, 23:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

We are a spoilt lot, arent we?! This year has been super for us sports nuts. EPL, Champions League, IPL with a seasoning of F1 & Moto GP..and now Euro Cup and the Olympics to follow!!

I would love for Italy to do the double. But having said that I would also like to see Netherlands and Spain, 2 perennial underachievers to do well in the tournament. Both have some amazing young talent this time. Never count the underdogs out. Greece taught us that lesson.
Old 4th June 2008, 15:44   #22
BANNED

Great moment for Indians !!

MS Dhoni at Euro 2008- News-Euro 2008-Specials-Indiatimes Sports

Quote:
received an invite from one of the main sponsors of Euro 2008 to be a guest for one of the matches. In fact, it is more than just an invitation to watch a match.

If everything falls into place, he will actually be giving away the Man of the Match award on June 15 for the Portugal-Switzerland game
"it would be the first time in the history of the Euros that someone from India has been requested to grace the occasion. It will be a proud moment for India as the international press would be there to cover the event."
Old 4th June 2008, 15:57   #23
BHPian

@ mayurpalav. Ahh, mate, where did Germany go from your list ? And guess Nedved already retired. But still, Czech, Turkey and Poland are the strongest underdogs for me.
Old 4th June 2008, 16:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

diabloo - keep cricket and cricketers out of this thread , PLEASE.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 4th June 2008 at 16:17.
Old 4th June 2008, 16:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

For me
1.GERMANY
2.GERMANY
3.GERMANY
xx. GERMANY
Old 4th June 2008, 16:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

As an Italian fan, i root for them to win. As the underdogs, i would say Portugal.
Old 4th June 2008, 16:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Well just observed that we can watch about 8 league games and also sleep well as it starts at 00:00 hkg std time but then i realised there will be games after this which starts at 2:30 too.

@diabloo we would love for some euro related gossip without cricket involved. Waiting for them.
Old 4th June 2008, 17:25   #28
BHPian

Voted for France...though this one is a very open competition. France, Italy, Netherlands are all in the same group, so one of the faves is sure to be eliminated in the first round itself. Germany might be the dark horse.
Old 5th June 2008, 10:32   #29
Team-BHP Support

Guys, i just saw an ad in TOI (Bangalore edition) which mentioned Tata Sky is not broadcasting ESPN and STAR Sports channels, and that customers would need to pay for them. Does that means those who havent paid up, but subscribe to Tata Sky would not be able to view Euro 2008 matches?
Old 5th June 2008, 10:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Guys, i just saw an ad in TOI (Bangalore edition) which mentioned Tata Sky is not broadcasting ESPN and STAR Sports channels, and that customers would need to pay for them. Does that means those who havent paid up, but subscribe to Tata Sky would not be able to view Euro 2008 matches?
Absolutely. Tata Sky has seperated sports channels from its main packages. Now the cost has gone up to Rs. 415.00 if you would like all sports channels plus the ones which were a part of the main package earlier. To top it all, I just see a message pop up on my screen in which Tata Sky is apologising for the huge rush on their customer service lines. Heck, even the website is not working well. Its too darn slow.

Catch the discussion here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...-india-20.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks