Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 22:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
But Koramangala has become worse as all airport traffic from Jayanagr etc traverses this and indiranagar
I suppose if the ORR is decongested (particularly KR Puram-Whitefield road & hebbal-nagawara-HBR l/o), people would prefer taking ORR all the way to Hebbal, instead of traveling thru the City.
cheers:
Old 29th May 2008, 23:10   #17
BHPian

Traffic is lesser now on Airport Road(Should this be called HAL road now???)
But on a flip side, less cops are seen, if there is a pile up, action is not as prompt as it used to be before.
(This happens around Manipal signal)

Check this out...
AIRLIFT ONLINE : Anywhere in bangalore

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th May 2008 at 03:05. Reason: Merged.
Old 30th May 2008, 09:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
"Old Airport Road"
Old 30th May 2008, 09:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
HAL is still around. Only the commercial airport is closed. So they could just take out the airport from HAL airport Road.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

But why would ppl from jayanagar and surrounding go to koramangala for the BIAL.

They should take the JC road-Corporation Circle- Across Cubbon park to Vidhan Soudha - Golf Course and straight NH7 to BIAL.

Quote:
But Koramangala has become worse as all airport traffic from Jayanagr etc traverses this and indiranagar
Old 30th May 2008, 11:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
But why would ppl from jayanagar and surrounding go to koramangala for the BIAL.

They should take the JC road-Corporation Circle- Across Cubbon park to Vidhan Soudha - Golf Course and straight NH7 to BIAL.
Yes dadu, that is the route to be taken.

My office travel time has come down to around 20 minutes from 35 minutes to go from old airport road to Ulsoor lake.
Old 30th May 2008, 16:33   #22
BHPian

All Bangaloreans should visit the airport road now. Atleast to get a sense of sheer disbelief. Airport road has just gone back 6-7 years easily !!
Now its good to drive. no cabbies either.

It puts a thought in one's mind, whether the traffic problem in Bangalore is as "unsolvable" as everyone claims. Just one airport made so much of difference.
Old 30th May 2008, 17:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sigh. that explains why now it takes me more time to get to my office in Embassy Golf Links, from Bannerghatta road.
Old 30th May 2008, 19:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
All Bangaloreans should visit the airport road now. Atleast to get a sense of sheer disbelief. Airport road has just gone back 6-7 years easily !!
Now its good to drive. no cabbies either.

It puts a thought in one's mind, whether the traffic problem in Bangalore is as "unsolvable" as everyone claims. Just one airport made so much of difference.
It WILL remain unsolvable as long as the people are NOT educated on traffic sense / common sense / road design etc. No amount of Flyovers / 8 lane / 16 lane roads can solve that problem.

Idiotic Drivers and Idiotic Road Designers can create traffic jams with even 8 or 16 lane roads!!

Sorry for being so pessimistic. Can't help it.
Old 30th May 2008, 19:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure how many roads got better after BIAL opened, may be just a few around HAL area. What I see everyday is bangalore north side. Bellary road, ORR (BEL circle to Nagwara area), New BEL road and even sanjaynagar roads have become tough to drive places. I used to drop my wife to a junction on New BEL road in 5 mts, now it takes 20 mts or more with the signal waiting and congestion. So ultimately its no pain no gain situation.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:35   #26
BHPian

Restarting this thread again.
What is best route to go to BIAL in morning hours from Sarjapur outer ring road. I prefer to take ORR KR puram route.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
What is best route to go to BIAL in morning hours from Sarjapur outer ring road. I prefer to take ORR KR puram route.
Well I stay in Koramangala and in My experience ORR always takes longer. BIAL - Hebbal - Mekhari Circle - Cubbon Road - MG-Road - Viveknagar - 80 Feet Road Koramangala ( 45 Kms total) route works shorter by around 10 Km and 30 mts in terms of time for me. From Sarjapur road add another 5 KM approx.

My travels were always using Meru / Easy Cab between 7 to 11 in evening for catching flights and 2 AM - 5 AM in early mornings while return. ORR route is always preferred by taxi drivers untill you ask them to take from mekhari circle. And while return if you ask them to go through city and they take a nap they tend to take longer route after windsor manor through Ulsoor lake - Murphy road - old Madras road - 100 Feet road Indranagar - IRR Koramangala
which works out same as ORR.

Last edited by amitk26 : 9th March 2009 at 10:50.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Early morning ? Sarjapura Road -> Hosur Road -> GPO -> Mekhri Circle -> Hebbal -> Airport is the quickest. Even a little later, the ORR has a couple of bottlenecks at Bellandur, OMR before the office traffic reduces.

In my experience, unless you have lots of luggage, go to Koramangala 1st block and take BIAS-7 - those guys are quick At 7am or ealier, they take 1:15 tops.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:55   #29
BHPian

Thanks zenx and amit. Yes last time i took more than 90mins to reach airport when I drove through ORR. Better to catch bus this time as my better half who is traveling has surprisingly one piece of luggage till this time .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks