Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I have experience trouble with almost every ISP.Tata-VSNL Boradband: Cannot browse t-bhp.
I use a Tata Datacard and i find the browsing extremely fast ( especially after 9pm in the night) holding good even for tbhp browsing.
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I use a Tata Datacard and i find the browsing extremely fast ( especially after 9pm in the night) holding good even for tbhp browsing.
Tata Datacard were and are relatively expensive and I feel that datacard is very necessary if you have laptop and keep on roaming a lot.

In my case this was not so. Every sunday the link DSL would disappear and internet wont work.

So we switched.
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:42   #18
F50
Senior - BHPian

Weird thing but I have been facing this problem too. I use Hathway 256kbps. And have been using from past 20 months no sweat at all. But from past one week it has terribly gone slow, it takes over 3 mins to load a Tbhp page and many a times 'Page cannot be displayed.' The surfing speed has gone down drastically but download speed remains same as before.
Old 2nd June 2008, 19:56   #19
Team-BHP Support

Yup agree with everyone here. The speed in the last week has really become slow. I'm not sure if it's only with bsnl as I couldn't access much last week. But really slow page loading time.
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yup speed for me is very slow too. Rest of the sites are working fine though.
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Speed is Damn slow with BSNL most of the times, Every morning, i9 have trouble opening either T-bhp or orkut. Now i can't open orkut. Any reason for this???
Old 1st August 2010, 18:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have almost stopped opening T-bhp from home, because it's very slow with my BSNL EVDO. Other sites load faster, I thought this is just me.
Old 1st August 2010, 18:18   #23
BHPian

guys try using google dns settings for those having problems . 8.8.8.8 as primary and 8.8.4.4 as secondary address .
Old 1st August 2010, 18:47   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I don't think it's a DNS problem if it is about slow speeds. Changing DNS server may just help in first time loading (or if the name is not getting resolved at all). Once it resolves, it would be routing issue. Do a traceroute if your system allows that see how many hops it takes or even simpler just note down ping response time.
If you are frequently getting messages like "Can't find the server at...." or initial opening of links is slow, then it is a DNS problem. It certainly was true that BSNL DNS servers were slow; I don't know about now.

Otherwise, DNS tends to be a bit go-faster-stripes: one often hears of "problems solved by changing DNS server" that almost certainly could not have been caused by it!

If you want the fastest possible DNS server... well, that's a secret...

Oh, ok, I'll tell you ... it's 127.0.0.1. Your own machine. If you have windows, install and run Treewalk DNS.

I think Team-BPS had some problems with their server (which is in USA, by the way, not India, so international routing might come into it) and then were down for "some tuning".

By the way, after a couple of good years with BSNL, I hit bad times and unreliability with them an jumped ship to Airtel. The service and the support is vastly superior.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks