Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:34   #2371
Senior - BHPian

Guys, were you aware of this SERVICE PLANNER thingy? Good initiative by Mahindra.

Anyone tried it?

Also, i have an incident to share:

A close friend of mine was interested in the scorpio or safari. 3 days back, he was test driving the vehicle & was driving at around 70-80 kmph when the sales guy was explaining something about the auto wipers & he looked down to see the switch & missed a cyclist cutting across his path. to avoid the cyclist, he had to swerve hard to the left & braked hard. there was a 6 ft deep ditch on the left & the vehicle went nose first into the ditch! except the sales guy, everybody was wearing a seat belt & nobody got hurt. my friend was damn scared as he says the general policy is you will have to shell out 60% of the expenses if you damage the test drive vehicle.

a crane had to be called to pull the scorpio out of the ditch. To his suprise, except a scratch & small dent on the front bumper, the vehicle was totally intact & fine. the vehicle was taken to the A.S.S for a complete examination, especially of the suspension & everything was found to be alright with the only expense being some Rs. 2000 of painting front bumper. As a goodwill gesture, they dint claim any compensation from him.

the next day he went to the same showroom & booked a black Scorpio VLX 4x2. he seems to be very impressed by the vehicle's build. his message to me reads- "dude, the scorpio is truly mightly muscular!"

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd September 2010 at 19:54.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:33   #2372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, were you aware of this SERVICE PLANNER thingy? Good initiative by Mahindra.
Anyone tried it?
Also, i have an incident to share:

A close friend of mine was interested in the scorpio or safari. 3 days back, he was test driving the vehicle & was driving at around 70-80 kmph when the sales guy was explaining something about the auto wipers & he looked down to see the switch & missed a cyclist cutting across his path. to avoid the cyclist, he had to swerve hard to the left & braked hard. there was a 6 ft deep ditch on the left & the vehicle went nose first into the ditch! except the sales guy, everybody was wearing a seat belt & nobody got hurt. my friend was damn scared as he says the general policy is you will have to shell out 60% of the expenses if you damage the test drive vehicle.

a crane had to be called to pull the scorpio out of the ditch. To his suprise, except a scratch & small dent on the front bumper, the vehicle was totally intact & fine. the vehicle was taken to the A.S.S for a complete examination, especially of the suspension & everything was found to be alright with the only expense being some Rs. 2000 of painting front bumper. As a goodwill gesture, they dint claim any compensation from him.

the next day he went to the same showroom & booked a black Scorpio VLX 4x2. he seems to be very impressed by the vehicle's build. his message to me reads- "dude, the scorpio is truly mightly muscular!"
Hi Raj, I registered in the Service Planner immediately after purchasing 2 years back.

Till date I have not received a single alert / reminder. So as far as my personal experience goes it is as worthless as the service being provided at the A.S.S.

And as far as your friend's incident is concerened, thankfully every one was safe and not much damage happened. There is no doubt that the Scorpio is indeed mighty muscular as far as the strength of the body goes.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:52   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi Raj, I registered in the Service Planner immediately after purchasing 2 years back.

Till date I have not received a single alert / reminder. So as far as my personal experience goes it is as worthless as the service being provided at the A.S.S.
thanks for clearing that. i have got similar response from other friends too.
Old 25th September 2010, 12:33   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Was deleting all old files from from my PC when i found this old video of my scorpio, thought of posting it here. i was attempting a 0-100 kmph acceleration timing!

Old 25th September 2010, 15:01   #2375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was deleting all old files from from my PC when i found this old video of my scorpio, thought of posting it here. i was attempting a 0-100 kmph acceleration timing!
Nice one Raj, what was the figure, and where did you attempt this ?
Old 25th September 2010, 17:24   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. This one was attempted in a private runway used for landing small private aircrafts.

i had attempted 3-4 times & the best one was 13.9 seconds. the video is not of that.
Old 25th September 2010, 20:05   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. This one was attempted in a private runway used for landing small private aircrafts.

i had attempted 3-4 times & the best one was 13.9 seconds. the video is not of that.
Nice Video, did you measure the braking distance as well? and what a place to do all these testing. Thanks for sharing.
Old 25th September 2010, 22:07   #2378
Senior - BHPian

I am against spirited driving on public roads. :-)

I involuntarily measured the braking in one of the runs where i was desperate to touch 120 kmph (in that small stretch) & in that process braked quite late towards the end of the runway. frankly, though the SUV halted in a unfussy manner & in a straight line, but i could feel the ABS kick in (the surface was very dusty) & i felt the SUV took a long time to halt, maybe because of the ABS.
Old 5th October 2010, 23:36   #2379
BHPian

Good to see lot of Scorp pictures in the forum. It costed me the weekend to go through the complete thread, but i was amazed with the quality of photos and the dedication. You alll deserve a big round of applause..

The safari thread is also very active and i saw it is going neck-to-neck with number of replies.. keep it going.

Best regards,
scorpio_fan
Old 6th October 2010, 00:30   #2380
BHPian

My 2007 Dx scorpio...

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th October 2010 at 15:34. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 9th October 2010, 08:53   #2381
BHPian

just for the record have sold the scorpio well i am out of here and back to a safari but must say the scorp is a awesome vehicle to have just wish it had more interior space and wouldnt bounce around as much then it would be unbeatable.had loads of fun wit her you guys take care see you.
Old 9th October 2010, 14:54   #2382
Senior - BHPian

@ kamat: no need to leave this thread buddy. so what if you have sold your scorpio? you should still pour in your valuable comments & suggestions.

Please note, members in this group are allowed free incoming but outgoing is banned!
Old 13th October 2010, 09:13   #2383
BHPian

Some offroading in my 4x4
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-5066591333_9cb2dd95dc_b.jpg

-Pramod
PS: This is taken by one of my friend, Camera : Nikon D3000

Last edited by pramods : 13th October 2010 at 09:14.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:24   #2384
Senior - BHPian

Thats awesome Pramod. i guess this is your wallpaper now!
Old 13th October 2010, 10:54   #2385
Senior - BHPian

pramod no offense but then it looks a little too overdone. Too much of haloing around the trees. Also why is that you never shot a full frame of the Scorp' ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks