All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-maverick-2.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_0588.jpg  

Old 18th February 2011, 20:58   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Re: All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Hi all, few pics of my Scorpio
I know looks are subjective, and I really don't mean any offense, but that bull bar has turned the Scorp into a grotesque monster! Please please considering removing it, or at least fixing a bull bar with more subtle looks.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 18th February 2011, 21:27   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I know looks are subjective, and I really don't mean any offense, but that bull bar has turned the Scorp into a grotesque monster! Please please considering removing it, or at least fixing a bull bar with more subtle looks.

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram,
Frankly me too do not like that Bullbar but got it free from the dealership. Will upgrade to a better bullbar when Vitamin "M" is at disperse.
Old 18th February 2011, 23:44   #2479
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the bull bar is all that bad. You can still do with it. And good that the cover is in white, as it blends with the SUV

What you can probably do is, remove that black rubber guard on the sides of the top half. That is spoiling the look and making it look tacky. Remove it and it will look better. Just IMO
Old 19th February 2011, 00:17   #2480
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

I really love the looks of scorpio without any bullbar. But i know its more or less a necessity considering the Indian traffic. This one is not going with the beast for sure.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:02   #2481
BANNED

The most common bullbar you can see on all politico Scorpios especially in TN is this. If you are not in the same league, please remove it to give the Scorpio its real, understated, yet macho look back.
Just my 25 naya paisa of thought.
Old 20th February 2011, 02:33   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Only VLX comes with graphics. If you do not want alloys, music system and the electronics (tyre tronics, auto wipers, cruice control etc) then you can go to SLE. This does not have graphics by default.

Scorpio Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
if you are looking for safety features like airbags,abs along with electronic gizmos then no other choice then top end VLX where these stickers comes as standard, else you can choose other variants too where these stickers wont come.
Thanks Scorpio Fan & Vijay! I'm not sure why, but I'm not a big fan of the graphics. To me, graphics don't make sense on a car that portrays a butch image. It's like Hulk Hogan in a tutu - no one will take you seriously!

Sorry to go offtopic on an images thread. But this is where most of the Scorpio owners prowl and who better than hardcore owners to take advise from.

I'm only looking at the SLE variant as I feel its the best VFM proposition from the Scorpio lineup. The Air Bags will be sorely missed though. I dot think too high of the tyretronics etc as the reliability and accuracy of these have been questioned multiple times here.

I had one last question - Doesn't the Scorpio offer black interiors anymore? I don't see an option on the website anywhere.

There's no need to say this as its clear as day, but nevertheless - Most pics on here rock! Makes the Scorpio so much more inviting!

Tassem.

Last edited by Tassem : 20th February 2011 at 02:35. Reason: Typo Of-course!
Old 20th February 2011, 09:41   #2483
Senior - BHPian

I think the airbags are also not on offer below VLX. I dont understand why. It appears only the richer needs protection.

BTW, I read somewhere in the forum that you may opt out of music system from VLX version too and the price would be reduced accordingly.

Last edited by TaureanBull : 20th February 2011 at 09:47.
Old 20th February 2011, 09:50   #2484
BHPian

The bull bar can make or break the looks , most of these make the Scorpios look really cumbersome IMO .

Moreover I'm wondering how these bullbars affect the airbag sensors ,unlike ARB or some other reputed brands these locally made ones are a bane than a boon .
Old 20th February 2011, 14:48   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I had one last question - Doesn't the Scorpio offer black interiors anymore? I don't see an option on the website anywhere.

Tassem.
well not very much sure though but before certain colours which used to come with black interiors are now seen with beige interiors with black steering console, so maybe mahindra might have stopped giving black interiors, but you need to confirm it though.
Old 21st February 2011, 17:55   #2486
BHPian

@Taureanbull, You're right. Airbags are provided only on the VLX and that too as an option. I guess most people are deterred by the seemingly high costs associated with resetting the air bags incase they deploy after a minor collision. That's what I think though.

@Slalom, I don't think I'll ever go for a bullbar. At least not a metal one. Not only does it cause more harm to pedestrians in case of an accident, it also causes more damage during a high speed collision because the crumple zones may not function as designed. The reason I said I will only avoid the metal ones is cause the others do provide significant protection in fender benders at traffic while managing to break away and let the crumple zones do their work in major accidents.

Whats concerning is that Mahindra offers these metal bullbars as authorised accesories.

@Vijay: I had an interesting chat with a salesperson at Mahindra about the interiors. The black ones are available - However only on the LX version. Whats interesting is that he said there is a significant difference in fit, finish and overall interior quality between the LX and other models. I haven't been down to the showrooms yet to verify that in person. But can owners pitch in?

EDIT: I just spoke to another salesperson and she said that while the interior fabric is of a different quality; the dash, fit and finish etc remains the same. I'm guessing that since the LX does not come with side claddings, fitting them as an option may not yield the same quality?

Tassem.

Last edited by Tassem : 21st February 2011 at 18:18. Reason: Why is it that we notice errors only after we hit the submit button? God Bless the Edit button!
Old 21st February 2011, 23:46   #2487
Senior - BHPian

posting on behalf of 1100D

a 4x4 in a similar territory - Marengo:

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2301.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2302-copy1.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2307.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_24031.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2406.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2398.jpg

Daughter enjoys daddy's busy day at work

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2316.jpg

Just look at the grin - - he was busy at work the whole day

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2319.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2322.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_2388-1.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc05849.jpg
Old 22nd February 2011, 06:14   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Nice color and brilliant snaps there. The 4th (Scorpio standing over a cliff) and 10th (sunset in the background) pictures are great enough to go into the brochure of the Scorpio.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:37   #2489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
posting on behalf of 1100D

a 4x4 in a similar territory - Marengo:
Excellent terrain for the Scorpio and amazing Pics.
Old 23rd February 2011, 00:23   #2490

Hello guys, amazing thread. hugely wonderful and informative.
Good to see the scorpio is loved and cared so much. Amazing to see all the avatars of this lovely jeep. I love this jeep, and definitely would like to own one someday,currently having a Ritz.
Would like to thank all the guys contributing to this thread. This definitely provides some inputs and perspectives for the people who want to own one.
Hope mods don't mind me barging into the thread without any useful inputs
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks