All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1020206.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1020208.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1020214.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1020246.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1020280.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1020282.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1020638.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1020639.jpg  

Last edited by NIP : 19th August 2008 at 20:44.
Old 19th August 2008, 23:19   #467
Senior - BHPian

great pics NIP, very good photography. but not all here take their scorpios to off roads or weekend drives. many here use it for daily office/college commute. for us, off roading means splashing around in 2 feet water, climbing over rocks and monsterous speed breakers! this is especially true for city dwellers like me. we dont get a chance to take our scorpios to exotic locations which i agree is very sad considering the potential of the vehicle.
Old 20th August 2008, 07:42   #468
Senior - BHPian

What awesome pics!
NIP, you're great at capturing the spirit of a place!
Those trails look so challenging and inviting.
Did you get bogged down anywhere?
Old 20th August 2008, 09:12   #469
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

lovely pics NIP!
will share some of the pics I took in ooty last weekend
cheers
Old 20th August 2008, 10:09   #470
BANNED

here are some pics which you chaps may enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-cousin.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-cold.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-into-mist.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mistymount.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-tusker.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-oliphant.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-track.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-pykara.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-pykara2.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-tea-country.jpg  

Old 20th August 2008, 10:12   #471
BANNED

a few more pics which you may like to see...
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-leaf-frame.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-misty.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-farwater.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-waterfall.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-teagarden.jpg  

Old 20th August 2008, 10:34   #472
Senior - BHPian

Lovely!

I can see that many holiday photos are being put up. There was some difference of opinion about this - on whether this thread should carry such pics at all.

My personal view has been that such photos lend more credibility and lend character to the vehicle being discussed. I am all for them!

And seeing some of these pics also gives the slightly reluctant ones the boost to go out there with their Scorpios and enjoy them to full potential!
Look at Off Roadie's pics and you quickly realize the diverse options open to you by way of destinations. Kanya Kumari to Khardung La!

Last edited by anupmathur : 20th August 2008 at 10:36.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:19   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually, how about taking it a little further, and merge ALL sub-forums & threads into One large, single thread ? I'd say that It will make things simple ! About 6L posts in one thread : will be a world record !

If the guys want to make a slushy hodge-podge of pics of places & machine - in a thread who's title reads " .. Pics of their SUV" ... well, I'm not going to say anything more.

Last edited by condor : 20th August 2008 at 11:24.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:24   #474
BANNED

I think it is a matter of opinion condor, going by your evident displeasure with this as indicated.
take what you like out of each thread, ignore what you dont like. quite simple IMO.
Since this is a Scorp pic thread with a little extra thrown in with some natural surroundings, let people who like such things view the pics and enjoy them if they wish to.
Who are we to try and "control" everything all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If the guys want to make a slushy hodge-podge of pics of places & machine - in a thread who's title reads " .. Pics of their SUV" ... well, I'm not going to say anything more.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:33   #475
Team-BHP Support

I strongly agree with Condor's opinion. This thread was meant to showcase pics of the Scorpio, and an occassional pic or two of the location one visited with the vehicle. But going all out posting a lot of pics of the surroundings and scenery would make this thread a competitor to the Travelogues thread, and thereby defeating the very basic purpose/intent of the thread.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:00   #476
BANNED

Each to his own opinion ben if you dont mind - if everyone on the thread/ forum feels the same, then let us request one of our Mods to do an edit -creating another thread saying maybe - "places visited in the Scorpio" or whatever, and in the relevant section as per the common view based on a slightly larger sample pool of members rather than just two.

However,at the permanent risk which apparently most of us run on the forum, of inviting some rather large brickbats whenever one ventures a view, let me also say that I personally like the pictures posted by NIP and therefore I also thought I would share some few pics of mine with other people who like such things.

Since these are places we've actually been to in our Scorpios, a collage of pics such as those which have been posted, seemed perfectly appropriate to us.

I think also, that many of us tend to become un-necessarily rigid in our views and try to thrust those on everyone else. This is not quite necessary in my humble/honest opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I strongly agree with Condor's opinion. This thread was meant to showcase pics of the Scorpio, and an occassional pic or two of the location one visited with the vehicle. But going all out posting a lot of pics of the surroundings and scenery would make this thread a competitor to the Travelogues thread, and thereby defeating the very basic purpose/intent of the thread.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:12   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I think also, that many of us tend to become un-necessarily rigid in our views and try to thrust those on everyone else. This is not quite necessary in my humble/honest opinion.
In my humble opinion, the thread title needs to be changed to read - "ALL T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV or pics of locations visited by them with or without their SUV or just plain pics taken by them"

How's that? No offense meant to any sensibilities here but we are way way out of line with the purpose of the thread as originally stated
Old 20th August 2008, 12:17   #478
BANNED

how easily sidetracked we all are no?
point taken man
lets request mods to do a de-merger and shove all the nature pics into another thread then.
any seconders to the motion?
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
In my humble opinion, the thread title needs to be changed to read - "ALL T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV or pics of locations visited by them with or without their SUV or just plain pics taken by them"

How's that? No offense meant to any sensibilities here but we are way way out of line with the purpose of the thread as originally stated
Old 20th August 2008, 13:11   #479
NIP
Senior - BHPian

thanks raj, anup & shankar.

anup - yes i did get bogged down once. we were trying to climb one steep and wet incline in a slow speed in 1st gear, when the scorpio started sliding sideways and then backwards !! this is mainly due to the tyres, which were caked with mud and had become 'slicks'. we had to carefully back down some distance and blast it up the incline.
Old 20th August 2008, 13:20   #480
NIP
Senior - BHPian

If we just post pics of the scorpio without the feel of the place, whats the use. People also need to see the places where the vehicle went. Agreed, you can capture the scorpio itself withing the environment, but some places where it took us, we had to trek a bit to see around. Its about the possibility to get to such places. If not, i could just post 1-2 pics of the scorpio parked at home, and say goodbye to this thread. I don't see why the all rules are necessary.

EDIT: On second thoughts...it actually makes sense. Maybe you guys are right...we should have a separate thread for the other pics. Mods please feel free to do the necessary deletions.

Last edited by NIP : 20th August 2008 at 13:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks