Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 14:25   #931
BANNED

@Randeep, good pics.
Such things do happen sometimes, it could be due to lack of judgement or pure bad luck!
Old 19th December 2008, 14:44   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine went offroading in his Scorpio but things did not go as planned. They were planning to cross a river and while trying to do so the Scorpio sank into the silt.

Here are a few pics of the same.

Cheers !!!!!!
a 2WD vehicle on such terrain... i can see the front half of the vehicle is fully immersed in water, did the water seep inside the cabin too? what was the condition of the scorpio after it was pulled out? did it start or you had to tow it to garage?
Old 19th December 2008, 15:32   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Scorpio Owners(classified my membership status):

Bhpians- 34
Newbies- 303
TOTAL- 337

Source: team-bhp members-list search(advanced)
i was just going through this thread from page 1 when i found this thread by badboyscad as a reply to pavan's question about the number of scorpios on this forum. now as our latest collage shows, we have 36 owners in ths thread, where are the remaining 301 owners hiding?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 19th December 2008 at 15:34.
Old 19th December 2008, 21:25   #934
Senior - BHPian

@randeep ur friends scorpio looks new the paint job looks really clean except the fact that its covered in mud the white looks good
Old 19th December 2008, 21:35   #935
Senior - BHPian

hmm strange im not able to see my previous post just posted a min back... i wanted to edit it..
any way OT i would like to know that which pair of seats on the scorpio is comfortable the side facing ones in the rear of the normal third row... will it have enough space to ICE like good set of speakers(no subs) i want to know if the full 7 seat potential of the car can be used..
Old 20th December 2008, 14:12   #936
Senior - BHPian

hey mods (tsk), how was my FE report OT for this thread?

in this thread, we not only post pictures of our scorpios, but we also share experiences and discuss about our vehicles in detail. its like a ready reckoner for prospective buyers.
we discuss stuff like accessories, service, issues and lot more.

i know this thread was started with the intention of only the pics of the scorpios, but now it has turned into much more than just a pictorial.

so please do inform me whether i can repost my thread about the FE.
Old 20th December 2008, 14:49   #937
BHPian

God! I would never commit my Scorpio to such a stunt even if it was a 4WD. It can be a case of pure bad luck but I believe common sense should have prevailed. How can someone take his vehicle that too 2WD in such deep slush.

I am curious to know the damage. Did the water enter the cabin, what was the engine condition, were electricals effected, was it all covered under Insurance?
Old 20th December 2008, 15:11   #938
Senior - BHPian

I've been looking for this kind of contraption for a long time. Where did you pick it up from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
LOL, it's supposed to be more than just a bottle holder! It's sold as a Car Lap-Tray. If you notice, it would fit snugly on a passenger's lap, with the two cupholders/bottleholders helping to keep it in place. It's a full fledged tray in its own right!
There is this additional bracket that helps to mount it at the head restraint.
Cost is about Rs.250/-.
Old 20th December 2008, 15:47   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Where did you pick it up from?
Gd, I picked it up at the neighbourhood car garage, GM Auto in G block market, Hauz Khas. Some accessory shops also stock it. Do let me know if you need any help.
Old 20th December 2008, 16:49   #940
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Three months, only 1900 kms on the clock but my truck never feels to amaze me.

I am getting a FE of around 10.5 on a 5 .1 km route i take to the office(part Mumbai - Pune highway and part the speed breaker infested roads of Kharghar & Belapur)

The over handling, stability & braking are superb, but sometimes I feel that the MHawk has a mind of its own & seems out of control specially on speeds between 40-40 kmh.

The 1st service was painless thanks to G3 Motors though it set me back by Rs 2180.00, (just to mention they forgot to vaccum the car from the inside but the service Manager was quick to get it rectified and attributed it to the communication gap between the Supervisor & the concerend team).

I was impresed by the 165 Kmh spped attained by, I have gone up to 141 but got jitters since a Innova (cab) decide to race me on a narrow road, so I decided to let it take the credit of being the fastest that night & avoided becoming a statistic on the road as he was desperate to corner me.

The 3rd gear rattle seems to be a generic issue with the MHawk, it is quiet pronounced but the dealership assures it is with all the MHawks.

I am getting a slight squeaking noice from the front right wheel which despite mentioning before the service has not gone, though it was not there when I took the delivery after servicing. This noice occurs with light braking at low speeds 920-30 kmh) If any one can give any pointers on this.

One more sound I noticed is a whisteling sound whenever go down from the first floor ramp in the 1st gear, is it the Turbo whistle or anything else.
Old 20th December 2008, 22:37   #941
Senior - BHPian

Best Pics On This Thread Thill Date #1

I have selected 40 pics which i feel are the best in this thread till date. in the title, i have named it #1 because i know there are more to come and we can name it #2 and so on!

Starting with anup sir's pics: He is a man of few words! He have been providing us cool pics at the most exotic and untravelled locations in India. he has shown us the beauty of the hills. he has shown us a reason to buy a 4wd scorpio, infact he has shown us why mahindra built the scorpio in the first place!

Name:  anup.bmp
Views: 2250
Size:  791.1 KB

Name:  anup1.bmp
Views: 2181

Name:  anup2.bmp
Views: 2141

Name:  anup3.bmp
Views: 2174

Name:  anup4.bmp
Views: 2084

Name:  anup5.bmp
Views: 2017

Name:  anup6.bmp
Views: 1863

Mansidea: This is the guy who showed the fellas, who said a scorpio is ugly or hideous, a new way to look at his amazingly beautiful scorpio. Nobody can question his way of photography, the amazing locations down south where he shoots his scorpio. I feel his scorpio is the best looker among the group.

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mansidea.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mansidea1.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mansidea2.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mansidea3.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mansidea4.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mansidea6.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mansidea7.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-mansidea8.jpg

Badboyscad: His is one of the oldest scorpios in this thread. He wishes to buy a 4x4 scorpio soon. Apart from alloys and new shoes, he has not messed much with the look of his scorpio, some of his pics were simply superb.

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-badboy3.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-badboy4.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-badboy6.jpg

Drivefactor, gd1418, jacob & roshun: These guys have posted just a few pics, but great ones! all the 3 have posted pics of their scorpios with dirty backsides! Special mention to roshun here who has a 4WD scorpio along with razor and anup sir. yes, 1 among just 3! jacob has the most extensively modified scorpio in this forum. his ICE setup is worth a look, he has sacrificed one of his jump seats to accomodate a giant amp!

Drivefactor:
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-drive-factor.jpg

gd1418:
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-gd1418.jpg
Old 20th December 2008, 22:51   #942
Senior - BHPian

contd...

jacob:

Name:  jacob.bmp
Views: 1628
Size:  922.7 KB

roshun:

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-roshun.jpg

getsurya: he has the newest mHawk in the group. he already had 2 scorpios before. even i had. badboyscad want another. so like me and badboyscad, he also believes in the phrase 'once a scorpio, always a scorpio'...

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-getsurya.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-getsurya1.jpg

NIP & offroadie: these guys rarely post, but when they do, they come up with quality stuff. they both have comparitively older scorpios which they have put to the use it does the best- mile munching.

NIP:

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-nip.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-nip1.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-nip2.jpg

Name:  NIP3.bmp
Views: 1480

offroadie:

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-offroadie1.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-off-roadie3.jpg

Zenopio: apart from mansidea's scorpio, if there is any scorpio i personally love in this thread, it is this one. great forest green colour, hankook rubber and the coolest alloys i have seen in a while. sadly, i could not upload his pics. you can check out hese links for his pics:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post863042

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...eir-suv-3.html

randeep: this pic has been posted by randeep, it is his friend's scorpio!

Name:  randeep's friend.bmp
Views: 3007
Size:  549.4 KB

raj_5004: last but not the least. i am the threadstarter but i agree, i have posted the most uninspiring pics of the lot. but i have always tried to make a small contribution from my side. here goes-

My crde and mHAWK:
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-twins.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-26112008413.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-26112008414.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-26112008429.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-26112008435.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-26112008442.jpg

Lastly, all who have been left out, please dont get offended. We are family!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 20th December 2008 at 23:11.
Old 20th December 2008, 23:17   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi All,

Three months, only 1900 kms on the clock but my truck never feels to amaze me.

The 3rd gear rattle seems to be a generic issue with the MHawk, it is quiet pronounced but the dealership assures it is with all the MHawks.

I am getting a slight squeaking noice from the front right wheel which despite mentioning before the service has not gone, though it was not there when I took the delivery after servicing. This noice occurs with light braking at low speeds 920-30 kmh) If any one can give any pointers on this.

One more sound I noticed is a whisteling sound whenever go down from the first floor ramp in the 1st gear, is it the Turbo whistle or anything else.
hi upreti, hope you are having fun with the hawk.

i hope you meant that the hawk never 'fails' to amaze you!

1) yes, the vibration in the gear lever in 3rd gear is present in all mHawks.

2) the squeaking noise is from the brake pads. get them cleaned. was present in my mHawk too.

3) yes, dont worry... its the turbo whistle, again present in all scorpios!
Old 21st December 2008, 01:56   #944
BHPian

Aren't the alloys on Getsurya's MHawks the same design as the Safari's OEM alloys? They look pretty good on the Scorpio too. I personally never cared much for the Scorpio OEM alloy design - thought they could have done a much better job of it.

Must say Anup's photo's are just something! Makes you want to get behind the wheels and straight head out to the mountains!

Last edited by Strangerintown : 21st December 2008 at 01:58.
Old 21st December 2008, 03:28   #945
Senior - BHPian

well this question is for all those who have changed their tyres and alloys
Has the suspension of the vehicle by any way deteriorated does it rub when u take a U turn /mileage issues etc
what is the optimum Tyre size other than the stock....
will that size suite needs of frequent highway traveling /occasional offroading(not serious ones maybe a bit serious)
your answers are greatly appreciated by this hope so one day scorpio owner
Closed Thread

Most Viewed