Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:24   #1171

guys, help me with this.

i am planning for a carputer in my scorpio. has this been done in a Scorpio ? if yes, can I have some contacts, info, tips, expert comments on this please.

my only research till now has been on team bhp forums and the iride.in website.

though, I cudn't find anything for a Scorpio,

n e help is appreciated.
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:35   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Rishin,

welcome aboard. If you utilize the search field on the TBHP page, you shall get all your auto queries answered.
Can we request you to post your scorp's pics to add to our collection on this thread??
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:10   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi getsurya, pls find below the mail I sent to Mahindra on 20-01-09, I got an SMS giving the Complaint number an hour later & the call from the dealer came yesterday. A TAT of 2 days to resolve is appreciable.

Alternatively call them on 1800226006 / 09935066006:

Regards,
thanks a lot buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishin.kalra View Post
guys, help me with this.

i am planning for a carputer in my scorpio. has this been done in a Scorpio ? if yes, can I have some contacts, info, tips, expert comments on this please.

my only research till now has been on team bhp forums and the iride.in website.

though, I cudn't find anything for a Scorpio,

n e help is appreciated.
someone on T-BHP has done it in his safari, cant recall who is it. as far as i remember, nobody in T-BHP has installed a carputer in a scorpio. post this query in the safari thread, you will get the response. installation will be almost similar.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd January 2009 at 17:12.
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:36   #1174

will certainly post some pics this weekend.

as for the carputer, I was looking for specific information on Scorpio installation if any.

found a user, bad_bouy who was doing this as DIY, but found no updates on his thread post September 2008.

Raj, have checked out the Safari installation. Thanks
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:30   #1175
Senior - BHPian

I have to make a sharp U turn to enter my house gate. It's a very close call and I have managed it successfully for two & a half years. The other night, there was just that minor error and this is what happened! I heard a 'crrrrunchhh' as it got sheared off!

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img_1188.jpg

The dealer does not have the 'new style' flat hub covers in stock! They had the old style huge protuberances, but I see no point of having such enormous cups fitted!

Now here is the issue that I want some opinions on: The front caps on my car HAVE to be the large protuberances, being the 4WD variant. Should I opt for the 'flat' ones for the rear wheels or stay with the large ones?
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:37   #1176
Senior - BHPian

i would advise you the protuding ones, that is, stay with the large ones... flat ones at the rear and different protruding ones at the front will obviously be a mismatch and will look ugly.
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:53   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i would advise you the protuding ones, that is, stay with the large ones... flat ones at the rear and different protruding ones at the front will obviously be a mismatch and will look ugly.
Oh Raj, you break my heart! They'll break again! The Scorpio has the same track front and back; so there is always the risk of scraping some portion of the after-end during tight turns.
Kidding, Raj! Thanks for your opinion, though it is not known yet whether I'll abide by it!

Quite frankly, I'd expected to break at least two of them during the Ladakh tour!

Last edited by anupmathur : 23rd January 2009 at 20:54.
Old 23rd January 2009, 21:55   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishin.kalra View Post
found a user, badboy who was doing this as DIY, but found no updates on his thread post September 2008.
Hehehe, thats me .. i wasnt able to go ahead with the scorputer due to some serious idling issues in my scorp. But now, that the pump issue has been sorted out and the vechicle has returned to normal, i ll update the scorputer thread soon. Some minor wiring issues pending.
Old 24th January 2009, 01:29   #1179
Senior - BHPian

guys i was just checking a few pics of the luxury import cars in that i saw a hummer with a bush(or bull) guard.. i may say it looks exceptional on the hummer.. i was wondering can something similar be implemented on the scorpio.. sort of different from the traditional aftermarket ready made bars available..
photoshop pro's please design a hummer style bush guard
and i was wondering there is a welding shop near my house can Bush guards be made for cars there or you need some different material? most of the metal work in my house is done by them and dey do an exceptional job.
my uncle's got a scorpio maybe ill convince him (or if im lucky to buy one for my self ill get it for myself)
Old 24th January 2009, 10:11   #1180
Senior - BHPian

hi vinay, looking at your lineup of cars, especially the camry, i feel it would be very easy to buy a scorpio and customize a guard for it, atleast financially!

okay, can you give a picture of the guard or hummer you are talking about, it will be easier for the 'photoshop pros'.
Old 24th January 2009, 10:18   #1181
Senior - BHPian

my dad's the one who decides but im actually the one who convinces him to do so ^ ^
also financial crunches going around everywhere ill have to wait a while till i get a new car prob will sell my palio for doing so.
few pics of hummers with Bush guards..
Personally i dont like the ones which come readymade..
is it possible for a wielding/metal shop for making such stuff..

@mods i know its a post your scorpio pic thread i just want to show a few pics of of bush guards
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-h2.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-hummerh1wallpaper3.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-2008customhummerh2graystonemonotone2.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by vinaydas : 24th January 2009 at 10:27.
Old 26th January 2009, 19:58   #1182
Senior - BHPian

check this out i just found it now ...
Mahindra to launch new Scorpio | Vicky blog | Indian Automobile blog
Old 26th January 2009, 21:23   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
few pics of hummers with Bush guards..
Personally i dont like the ones which come readymade..
is it possible for a wielding/metal shop for making such stuff..

@mods i know its a post your scorpio pic thread i just want to show a few pics of of bush guards
yes, these guards seem to be very easy to make, straight lines and simple design, would look elegant i feel.

Quote:
hope thay dont mess up the look of the scorpio like they did with the xylo.
Old 26th January 2009, 21:26   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hope thay dont mess up the look of the scorpio like they did with the xylo.
They will! My personal belief is that the current Scorpio happened as a fluke, not by design or intent!
Old 27th January 2009, 00:26   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys i was just checking a few pics of the luxury import cars in that i saw a hummer with a bush(or bull) guard.. i may say it looks exceptional on the hummer.. i was wondering can something similar be implemented on the scorpio.. sort of different from the traditional aftermarket ready made bars available..
photoshop pro's please design a hummer style bush guard
and i was wondering there is a welding shop near my house can Bush guards be made for cars there or you need some different material? most of the metal work in my house is done by them and dey do an exceptional job.
my uncle's got a scorpio maybe ill convince him (or if im lucky to buy one for my self ill get it for myself)
Not exactly a Hummer bullbar, but it is custom made, and pretty unique. I've been thinking of painting it (some nicks on it), but I think it looks the part as is

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorp2.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks