Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2008, 19:50   #676
Senior - BHPian

@bbs: great collage! Really awesome
@getsurya: Very nice pics! You have a great truck!
Old 17th November 2008, 00:00   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
hi guys, thank you all for your compliments!! I truly agree-ONCE A SCORPIO, always a SCORPIO!! That is why i call it a CHARACTER CAR-it goes into your character!
In another one hour tbhp HYD chapter would be off to Bidar for our Nov meet!! I am driving with my family(wife+2 kids) and my mHawk!!

Post you all more details tomorrow.
Get mHawked!

Regards,
Thanks for posting more pics of your truck, very nice but I've got to say - Britney Spears?? Really???
Old 17th November 2008, 13:53   #678
Senior - BHPian

Hi All, thanks for appreciating my mHawk. We all know we are lovers-car lovers!!
Yesterday the TBHP hyd chapter went for a meet in Bidar. 120km one way, nice drizzling climate-was a great day for outing. I pushed my mHawk to 140+kmph and the car was very stable. Slight steering vibration is felt after crossing 130kmph. But the pick up and road stability added with ABS makes a LOT OF DIFFERENCE! I can really feel the change in the suspensions etc when I compare with my earlier SLX(with leaf springs). Enjoyed the ride and gave a good race to all our co-bhpians in their respective cars.
Old 17th November 2008, 16:05   #679
BHPian

@BBS: good effort on that collage. Great pics of your Scorp

getsurya: good pics & those alloys are really going well with your black hawk.
Old 17th November 2008, 17:54   #680

getsurya - i noticed that you have changed the HU, does your audio control on the steering now work? I assume that it is a touch screen unit, was looking for something like that to run maps and a reversing camera !!!!

aura gives it a great presence

cheers
Old 18th November 2008, 09:38   #681
BHPian

Man Oh Man, some seriously good looking Scorpio's here!!

Just something that came across my mind but I am sure somebody's already thought of it! So here it goes, has anyone tried out a wheel mount on the rear door or if that works out to be too heavy fitment for the hinges may be you could try the swing arm for the wheel mount to be fixed on to the body.

I believe it should take care of the blandish rear look of the Scorpio.
Old 18th November 2008, 11:56   #682
Senior - BHPian

@ dr know: i did think of it buddy. even spoke to some and approached some good workshops. but eventually it turned out that it was not good to tamper with the original design of the panels and hinges. it was told to me that even if the job is done with utmost care, eventually the door will start squeaking or rattling simply because the door is not meant to carry that weight.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:22   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
eventually the door will start squeaking or rattling simply because the door is not meant to carry that weight.
Raj, I think he means to mount it on a separate hinged frame ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_know View Post
...or if that works out to be too heavy fitment for the hinges may be you could try the swing arm for the wheel mount to be fixed on to the body.
This would probably work, but would you rather have your already compromised rear-view further reduced?
I'm quite happy with where the spare wheel is at present, though I wish it could be in a cover to protect it from all the dust/dirt that it picks up!
Old 18th November 2008, 14:08   #684
Senior - BHPian

skmurthy, The steering audio controls do not work now. I am in the process of getting the sensors for them to work on this HU. HU is a JVC avx 814-touch screen with detachable panel.
I liked the clarity and multiple connectors it can accomodate(USB port, I-pod connector, Rear view cam, map navigator input, SD card reader, Digitial output port etc).
This costed me 'some' money, but i fell for it as it went well with the black interiors and had the DVD player in a location for everyone to see. My children on long drives needs this to keep them occupied lest they shall have all reasons to feel bored!! This is fired by a Blaupunkt 4 channel amp that services the JBL sub woofer and rear pioneer ovals. The front JBL component is fired by a pioneer amp 4 channel. So, lot of investment went into ICE along with investigations/analysis/experinces from earlier cars.
Also to say MONEY!!
However, I justify that to myself saying that I spend atleast 2-3 hours in the car daily and needs a good de-stressing experience to survive today's traffic ordeals!!

get mHawked!
Old 18th November 2008, 14:10   #685
BHPian

Side cladding

Can anyone offer guidance on removing the side cladding of Scorpio? The Lx version in Black looks good without cladding, so what about removing the cladding on VLX version?
Old 18th November 2008, 16:59   #686
Senior - BHPian

Why would you want to remove the side cladding for an VLX? I like the flow and also the protection it offers from the slime and dust the car gets everyday. The removal also would leave some open holes in the body which might not be a great sight to see. on my black VLX i like the side cladding.
Old 18th November 2008, 19:39   #687
Senior - BHPian

@ yeldo: if you dont like the claddings, the only solution is buying a M2Di or LX buddy! but trust me, buy a VLX and you will get used to it. i have got used to the bland rear styling of the scorpio as you tend to appreciate the finer aspects of the vehicle.
Old 18th November 2008, 19:51   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
eventually the door will start squeaking or rattling simply because the door is not meant to carry that weight.
I had a feeling this would be a problem (noises).

Anybody else tried something else for a different rear end?
Old 19th November 2008, 10:46   #689
BHPian

Rear mounted spare & side cladding

Had a DX version of the CRDe, and had rear mounted spare wheel. The job was done at a workshop at Coimbatore, and had no problems like rattles or squeaks for the 7 months I drove the vehicle after the conversion. Did not use the rear door much, I must admit. When I tried to get the job done on the new machine, the workshop had went out of business. And I dislike the alloys on the VLX. Thinking of changing to H&R rims.

@raj 5004:

Already bought one, so Lx is not a choice anymore.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:24   #690
Senior - BHPian

Yeldo, on the alloys- I did not like the stock alloys which came with my VLX.so got them upgraded to Aura's along with TPMS transfer at the dealer itself through their spares to keep the warranty intact!
Once the stock Bridgestones do the 40000km, I want to upgrade to Good year ATs(liked Badboyscad's tyres a lot!). Till then the Aura's are mated to Bridgestones. They do a pretty JOB!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed