Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 14:16   #691
BHPian

Scorpio alloys & Warranty

@ getsurya:

Somebody here on Team BHP advised me on Neo/ Bridgestone combo sometime back, but that vehicle was sold before I got an opportunity to experiment to a friend since his brother crashed it. I did not consider the warranty angle till you pointed out.

Again, is your tire pressure monitor accurate?
Old 19th November 2008, 16:07   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Had a DX version of the CRDe, and had rear mounted spare wheel. The job was done at a workshop at Coimbatore, and had no problems like rattles or squeaks for the 7 months I drove the vehicle after the conversion. Did not use the rear door much, I must admit. When I tried to get the job done on the new machine, the workshop had went out of business. And I dislike the alloys on the VLX. Thinking of changing to H&R rims.

@raj 5004:

Already bought one, so Lx is not a choice anymore.
this means you have a VLX. even i am keen on changing the alloys but hesitant beacuse of the TPMS sensors. if you do manage, do tell me about it.
Old 19th November 2008, 16:14   #693
Senior - BHPian

Raj/Yeldo,

The TPMS works fine in any alloys. The criticality lies in how carefully the Sensors are replaced into the new ones. Who can be more careful than the showroom guys? Thats why I got it done from them and the readings are close to the accurate(debarring the cold and hot tyre fluctuations).
Speak to your local showroom contacts and they shall help you out!!cheers:
Old 20th November 2008, 23:12   #694
BHPian

Hey, looks like I really did wake you guys up! :-)

@Getsurya: That's a lovely set of alloys you have there - gives the Hawk a different look altogether!
@badboy: Great pics of your scorp; this is the colour my wife was very keen on, guess M&M have discontinued it for a while now. And thanks for updating the collage.

BTW, I see a black scorp (I think it's an LX) in B'lore with the spare wheel mounted on the rear door, quite often. Will try and see if I can get more details about the mounting.

Cheers,
Old 21st November 2008, 09:36   #695
Senior - BHPian

@ getsurya: buddy, i did try talking to the showroom guys for changing the alloys but they say it can damage the sensors! moreover, i will stuck with only 1 option- thats is the wheel you have put. i am not saying its not good but i wanted a little bit more trendy chrome alloys. when i asked them whether they will install the sensors for me if i buy a set of alloys from outside, they politely declined!
Old 21st November 2008, 11:00   #696
Senior - BHPian

Raj my friend, why did you think I ended up with Auras? it is because they will refuse if I get aftermarket alloys to them to do the sensor fitment. So picked up the Auras from their own showroom accessories and made them fit them into it.
I have also recently enquired at the wheel alignment and balancing centre(which i visit regularly for all my cars) he knows how to shift these sensors!! so, try talking to your regular wheel alignment centre.
M&M can be managed on the warranty side...my two cents!!
Old 21st November 2008, 20:32   #697
Senior - BHPian

Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-19112008387.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-19112008391.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00304.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00305.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2008, 13:41   #698
Senior - BHPian

Aren't the jump seats redundant by putting the big JBL tube in between?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:52   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Aren't the jump seats redundant by putting the big JBL tube in between?
That is a very redundant question :-)

-- Wind
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:12   #700
Senior - BHPian

actually buddy, the jump seats are rarely put to use in my car. even then the bass tube can be made to stand in between, as in, horizontally... then two adults can sit in the jump seats.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:34   #701
BANNED

Guys,

Can we have the count of Scorpios here on this thread.

Drove one yesterday, Where's the turbo lag guys......... ?

What has mahindra done!

I anyways enjoyed the short 3 km peppy ride on the Mhwak, though it was a bit on the bouncier side throughout.
Old 23rd November 2008, 00:46   #702
BHPian

this was my scorpio before i changed to magnum its a pretty old pic i had changed to alloys and bigger tires later really miss my scorpio sometimes
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-profilepic12339_1.gif.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2008, 08:45   #703
Senior - BHPian

hi Raj, your car is awesome....nice ride! I like the number plates bit too.
For my Crde SLX(7 seater) i too have a blaupunkt tube and the jump seats are comfortable to use. Nevertheless, mHawk I have opted for an 8 seater and the rear 2 ovals with Sub went into a good wooden casing behind/under the last row seats. The sound effect is quite good though!
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:52   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Guys,

Can we have the count of Scorpios here on this thread.

Drove one yesterday, Where's the turbo lag guys......... ?

What has mahindra done!

I anyways enjoyed the short 3 km peppy ride on the Mhwak, though it was a bit on the bouncier side throughout.
good to hear you enjoyed the drive buddy. yes, there is no turbo lag in the mHawk! yes, even the mHawk is bouncy, you will especially feel so after a drive in the safari. however, 3 kms was too short buddy!
badboyscad had already taken the effort to make a collage of all scorpios in this thread in post #666, there are 31 scorpios. are there any more who have not participated in this thread? i have come across 2-3 members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
this was my scorpio before i changed to magnum its a pretty old pic i had changed to alloys and bigger tires later really miss my scorpio sometimes
i guess its a GLX turbo. even i had one and now its in my native. i still miss it. its not as fun to drive as my mHawk but i just love
the sound of the engine, the deep grawl which was so typically "jeep"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
hi Raj, your car is awesome....nice ride! I like the number plates bit too.
For my Crde SLX(7 seater) i too have a blaupunkt tube and the jump seats are comfortable to use. Nevertheless, mHawk I have opted for an 8 seater and the rear 2 ovals with Sub went into a good wooden casing behind/under the last row seats. The sound effect is quite good though!
thanks a lot surya. is the tube in you CRDe placed the same way i have kept it? if yes, then is it smaller in size? if no, then still how can somebody use the jump seats? !!!
i had initially thought of an 8 seater. but the space behind the last row was too less for a good bass tube or sub to fit. you have managed it, i would like to see tha arrangement. any pics? i even thought of buying the 8 seater and removing the detachable last row from the car and keeping it in my residence and then attach it again whenever needed. but the seat was too heavy to be shifted here and there again and again!
Old 24th November 2008, 16:08   #705
BHPian

My New Scorpio 2.6 Crde has arrived

Hey everyone,

a quick shout to all the fellow scorpio owners here, I took delivery of my 2.6 crde (black colour) scorpio, the wait is finally over.

i got the lx version and got most accessories fitted from outside yesterday. Will be putting up pics and details real soon.

Just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for contributing to help me make this decision and also for putting up with my queries.. (special word of thanks here to shankar balan)

it was quite interesting met another prospective buyers at the dealership as i was taking delivery and we got talking, he also turned out to be a fellow bhp-ian.

this forum is really rocking it out there,, keep it going guys..

cheers

K
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks