Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:05   #961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai Anup,
Raj,

You Meane ....how come you have disqualified my pictures? No candy bar consoloation prizes?
GOSH! so sorry ramkya, i had made a seperate folder in my comp and saved all the good pics in there so that i can simultaneously upload them later. when i checked the folder, it has 2 of your pics! but i just missed you out!

it was a long thread. so so sorry buddy.
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:12   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
GOSH! so sorry ramkya, i had made a seperate folder in my comp and saved all the good pics in there so that i can simultaneously upload them later. when i checked the folder, it has 2 of your pics! but i just missed you out!

it was a long thread. so so sorry buddy.
Seriously, Raj, I was not serious

You've done a wonderful job of compilation and can start another compilation, this is a long long thread with so many pictures, hats off to your patience to go thro. them and collate them.

@ Anupji: Sorry for my typho of earlier post, please read as:"dirtiable when you gave them to me". Thanks.

=======
Old 23rd December 2008, 00:17   #963
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Finally I took out the Truck out of the routine drive & drove to Kashid (about 125 kms from New Bombay) on the Konkan coast.

The drive in the morning was smooth (no traffic s I started at 5 AM) and uneventful except when I had to come to a dead stop from 110 to avoid a group of dogs who suddenly decided bring in their disagreement on the middle of the road from nowhere. The breaking was precision perfect, dead stop about 6 inches from the lone dog whose friends / foes deserted him at the last moment. The ABS is amazing, the truck never went out of line.

Didn't take the risk of driving on to the beach to avoid the hassle of cleaning the sand later....

The return drive was better with a lot of traffic & extremely high speed overtaking. In that road you have two options.. one to trail behind a truck & drive at a steady 40 or risk taking your snout out and zip from behind one truck and tuck behind the other till you get a chance to move ahead, still I made good time.. the onward journey was about 1.5 hrs with a couple of wrong turns and stops. The return journey took just over 2 hrs due to the traffic conditions.

But the amazing amount of power & speed you get when require is truely the icing on the cake, upgrade from a Wagon R has been a truely amazing experience.

My last trip on the same route almost ended in a crash when while overtaking a gas tanker the Wagon R ran out of juice in front of a Volvo & would not provide the additional speed to move ahead, some hard braking on my part & the bus averted a sure collision..

Overall rating of the Truck: 7 Star

Handling : Superb
Braking : Beyond Compare (of all the vehicles I have driven including
a Land Rover)
Ride Quality : Excellent
FE : Will have to live the 10 odd figure i guess
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_1179.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_1180.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_1181.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_1182.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_1188.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2008, 08:58   #964
Senior - BHPian

mupreti,

Good pics. These cars can do awesome speeds. However, the onus is on us to tame them and learn how to unleash power safely! I agree with you on the ABS...works wonderfully! Not even a inch of straying when braked hard at 120 kmph.

Have fun and Happy Motoring!
Old 23rd December 2008, 09:16   #965
Senior - BHPian

hi upreti, good report and wonderful pics. i hope you open both the RVMs while driving!
havent you added seat covers yet?
you have rated the "SCORPIO" (truck is patented for some other vehicle on T-BHP which actually looks & drives like a truck!) 7 stars, is it out of 10?!!
handling of this car is superb though many do not agree, they expect a swift out of a scorpio! even i have experienced the awesome braking twice. it was altogether a different story in the non-ABS SZ scorpio, it used to dive, howl and screech like hell! this one is a gentleman!

10 kmpl... is it in city or on highways, you should definitely get more than that on highways. i feel the ride quality is still average compared to the innova and safari.
Old 23rd December 2008, 09:31   #966
Senior - BHPian

Raj, Good point on RVMs. I urge all of us to use the ORVMs while driving any car. The side mirrors can be scraped/broken/damaged if open, but if you do not have them open then the same damage can be exposed to the car's doors/body. ORVMs in my view serve as safe gaps to the two wheelers/Autos etc not to touch our cars!!
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:41   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Raj, Good point on RVMs. I urge all of us to use the ORVMs while driving any car. The side mirrors can be scraped/broken/damaged if open, but if you do not have them open then the same damage can be exposed to the car's doors/body. ORVMs in my view serve as safe gaps to the two wheelers/Autos etc not to touch our cars!!
Raj and Getsurya: +1 on the RVM's. I have already broken my left RVM's twice, once when I misjusded the distance and a cruel pillar in our office parking lot broke it, another time when a bus from the left took another when I was standing still. The bus would have scrapped side claddings plenty if it was not for the mirror, the minute he touched it, I leaned on the horn, the bus braked hard to save a big repair job.

No regrets, I feel blind without them, a great help if you get used to it. In our parking in the office as well as home, the ORVM's and parking mirrors are the 'eye-dogs", would urge everyone to use it liberally.

--Ramky
====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 23rd December 2008 at 11:42.
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:11   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...and a cruel pillar in our office parking lot broke it,
LOL, a cruel pillar or a masochistic master??!

Quote:
, the ORVM's and parking mirrors are the 'eye-dogs", would urge everyone to use it liberally.
But do be careful in being liberal: at times, look ahead also! Liberally looking into the ORVMs can be hazardous to the health of both vehicle and master!
Old 24th December 2008, 10:04   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well this question is for all those who have changed their tyres and alloys
Has the suspension of the vehicle by any way deteriorated does it rub when u take a U turn /mileage issues etc
what is the optimum Tyre size other than the stock....
will that size suite needs of frequent highway traveling /occasional offroading(not serious ones maybe a bit serious)
your answers are greatly appreciated by this hope so one day scorpio owner
geez some 1 plz answer my Q and 1 more thing is the third row seats more comfortable or the side facing ones and @mods y are my posts not visible this is the second time im typing this post...
Old 24th December 2008, 10:45   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
geez some 1 plz answer my Q and 1 more thing is the third row seats more comfortable or the side facing ones and @mods y are my posts not visible this is the second time im typing this post...
that is because tsk deleted our posts and my replies regarding this thinking it was OT.

buddy, regarding the tyres, i suggest you post your query in the modifications --> tyre and alloy wheel section, they know better and you will get the response quicker.

on short journeys, side facing seats are better as entry/exit is easy through rear doors and you get more space than in forward facing seats.
on long journeys, forward facing seats are more comfortable but you will have to fold the second row seats to get inside and most importantly, there is no space for tall people.
comfort = forward facing seats
practical = side facing seats
your choice.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:48   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vinay, till you've completed 50 posts, there will be a delay in seeing your posts. They go for 'moderation' before being made visible.
As for the Scorpio tyres, I opted for the OEM alloys and Pirelli tyres in stock size. I think the stock tyres for the Scorpio are good enough for what the vehicle is meant to do.

And the front facing seats are always more comfortable for long drives, though the legroom leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited by anupmathur : 24th December 2008 at 10:49.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:20   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Go with captain seating arrangement, this option gives comfortable leg space to at least one person in the third row. on negative side, there is no space for luggage!!

-Pramod
Old 24th December 2008, 11:24   #973
Senior - BHPian

Vinay,

I used a 7 seater Scorp earlier and now have a 8 seater. I found 7 seater more comfortable for long drives and 8 seater for within city! 3rd row seats can seat kids comfortably and not adults on long drives. Leg room is the issue!
Regarding the tyres I have stock rubber on Aura 16". They work well. Once these tyres are worn out I would want to replace them with Good year AT(like Badboyscad!!)
Old 29th December 2008, 10:00   #974
BHPian

My Scorpio

Photo's taken During 1st Anniversary of Ownership.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-gpkot-055.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-gpkot-058.jpg  

Old 29th December 2008, 10:32   #975
Senior - BHPian

Capdey,

Nice photos. The guard looks good. Is that a custom made one or brought off the shelf?

And 1 year anniversary, guess its time that you wrote your ownership report.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks