Old 12th May 2009, 14:07   #1396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
My mHAWK put to good use :-
You need something like this.

Trunk Cargo Net - CargoGear Car and Truck Accessories

Cargo Net

Luggage placed without a restraint is a potential hazard in the even of sudden braking.

You can also use simple bungee cords to secure them.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:54   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, thats a real neat Scorpio. The tyre conditions is unbelivable after so much running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Nothing great, just a few pics that i clicked on the ECR.
Old 12th May 2009, 19:02   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
You need something like this.

Trunk Cargo Net - CargoGear Car and Truck Accessories

Cargo Net

Luggage placed without a restraint is a potential hazard in the even of sudden braking.

You can also use simple bungee cords to secure them.
yes buddy, it was a safety blunder, but its very rare that my scorpio gets loaded like this. i was extra careful when driving like this especially because nothing could be seen from the IRVM.
Old 16th May 2009, 12:37   #1399
BHPian

A few more for the thread, specifically showing the visible differences in the AT from the MT VLX.

Oh yeah, have redone the interior a bit, will post pics asap.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01173.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01163.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01166.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01164.jpg  

Last edited by Mohnish : 16th May 2009 at 12:41.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:35   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics Mohnish,

I have been trying to get my hands on body colour (Rocky Beige) OVRM's with indicators, any idea where to get them. All I am getting are chrome plated covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
A few more for the thread, specifically showing the visible differences in the AT from the MT VLX.

Oh yeah, have redone the interior a bit, will post pics asap.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:45   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Nice Pics Mohnish,

I have been trying to get my hands on body colour (Rocky Beige) OVRM's with indicators, any idea where to get them. All I am getting are chrome plated covers.
Thanks...I doubt they are available in anything other than chrome with indicators. If you chose to go without the indicators then you could paint them. Another option is to paint them and then get some aftermarket side panel indicators from another vehicle and stick them on...that should work adn it would be a DIY.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:54   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mohnish, i have a VLX which has body colour OVRM's but I wanted them with indicators, and Rocky Beige with chrome OVRMS did now look good to me.
Quote:
Thanks...I doubt they are available in anything other than chrome with indicators. If you chose to go without the indicators then you could paint them. Another option is to paint them and then get some aftermarket side panel indicators from another vehicle and stick them on...that should work adn it would be a DIY.
Old 16th May 2009, 15:08   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
...get some aftermarket side panel indicators from another vehicle and stick them on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thanks Mohnish, i have a VLX which has body colour OVRM's but I wanted them with indicators, and Rocky Beige with chrome OVRMS did now look good to me.
Have suggested in quote of my post above what you could do. You need to keep an eye out for other vehicles which have side panel mounted indicators that would "look" ok on the Scorp ORVMs.

On the other hand, what if you get the original chrome with indicator ORVMs and paint them Rocky Beige???. I think this would, IMHO be the sensible & simplest way to go. Also they cost Rs.111.13 form M&M, and painting would be another say Rs.500.00 max. Yep, if in your place, thats what I would do. Try it, no harm.

The chrome ones allow the wire to show, which looks quite horrible. I intend to drill a hole and pass the wire through the mirror casing to hide them. Will work on that when time permits.

Last edited by Mohnish : 16th May 2009 at 15:13.
Old 16th May 2009, 17:53   #1404
Senior - BHPian

feels nice to see a white VLX!
Old 16th May 2009, 19:54   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
feels nice to see a white VLX!
Yes Raj, I'm sure you feel at home in it too!
Old 17th May 2009, 12:28   #1406
Senior - BHPian

so a sunroof can be fitted on a scorpio(had my doubts whether ac pipes running through roof). Does mahindra take orders to do it at factory level??
Old 17th May 2009, 14:01   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
saw this pic in another forum. now this is the older 2.6 CRDe. the scorpio is at 170 kmph.
now since the mHawk has 5 bhp more & is 80 kgs lighter, does that mean it can go faster, maybe till 175 kmph? i have only tried till 165 kmph!

Hi

As a scorpio owner (2.6 crde) I would not advice anyone to try these speeds, ive topped mine at 145 ks and at that speed you know you are leaving everything to chance. this shot would have required one hand of the wheel to take the picture and boss thats just not on.
Old 17th May 2009, 14:27   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
so a sunroof can be fitted on a scorpio(had my doubts whether ac pipes running through roof). Does mahindra take orders to do it at factory level??
Don't know about fitting a sunroof, never heard of it being done on a Scorp. Where have you heard of it being done? Its a great idea, however people who have had it done on other cars have complaints of leaks during rains.

The Roof mounted AC is fitted by the M&M at their dealerships (private as well as company owned). If the AC pipes have to "go around" the sunroof, I'm sure it can be done.

@all: what does that "permalink" thing do? I clicked it and nothing happened? Have searched the faqs for this but cannot find anything. @Mods, if this query is inappropriate please direct me accordingly. Thanks.

Last edited by Mohnish : 17th May 2009 at 14:38.
Old 17th May 2009, 14:38   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't know about fitting a sunroof, never heard of it being done on a Scorp. Where have you heard of it being done? Its a great idea, however people who have had it done on other cars have complaints of leaks during rains...
Apart from the roof A/c, does not the roof of the Scorpio has a slight elevation from the middle; meaning, does not the level of the roof raise from the middle. This un-evenness might also complicate things and give more chances of a leakage.
Old 17th May 2009, 16:13   #1410
Senior - BHPian

i was referring to the scorpio lifestyle as mahindra has put a sunroof in it
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks