Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 16:34   #1591
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I live in mumbai & my neighbour who owns a mHawk says he gets 12 kmpl with 75% AC. but he drives when there is little traffic on the road, that is early mornings.

I drive at peak hours & with 100% AC & i have not crossed the 10 kmpl mark till now!
Man I so need to make time to post a detailed review, for now I will just have to do with mentioning the fuel efficiency figures.
My daily drive is a 50:50 highway-city traffic drive. The FE varies with the change in driving conditions and route, however it has never gone below a respectable 11 kmpl in the 5000 kms I completed last night. The best I have managed was a 12.6 kmpl.
But I have mostly driven with a very light foot, seldom crossed 2000 rpm and changed gears almost perfectly.

Raj, I need to book my first service appointment. Do you have a list of the authorised Mahindra service centres in Mumbai?

A couple of pictures I shot with my phone last evening.

manson.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorp-port-angle.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorp-port-side.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 7th August 2009 at 16:39.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:36   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hi Raj, are you talking about mHawk here ? Else wasnt there 4WD available already ? Not sure, am asking, I checked on the site too, cant find anything new there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hey, thats great news. Any source for that info ? Couldnt see this on mahindra site, can you paste relevant information on this please ?
yes buddy, i am talking about the mHawk. scorpio 4WD is available in SLX trim with CRDe engine or VLX trim with mHawk engine.

more info here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...orpio-4wd.html

prices from website here-
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

@ manson:
and i seldom change gears before 2000 rpm!

List of service centres will be given in your service booklet buddy. anyways, my car always goes to global gallarie. here is the address:

Global Gallarie Agencies Pvt Ltd
Personal Division Swastik High Point Devchand Hsg.
Thane
E-mail:globalgalshow@yahoo.co.in; globalgal@vsnl.net.in; globalgallarie@eth.net
Mobile: 9867776695

Global Gallarie Agencies Pvt. Ltd.
Siddeshwar Garden, House No.15,
Kolshet road, Dhokali Naka
Thane
Phone: 022-67145600
Mobile: 9821913653

apart from this, i think NBS & G3 is also good.

have a look here too:
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

Last edited by raj_5004 : 7th August 2009 at 16:51.
Old 7th August 2009, 17:03   #1593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i think NBS & G3 is also good.
NBS did not have a service station back in the day when I had my previous Scorpio. I took delivery of the new Scorp from G3, and their after sales is nothing short of horrendous. They follow up calls are simply useless, absurd and very casual with no intention of getting anything done.

Wondering if I should give Milestone a try this time around.

manson.
Old 7th August 2009, 17:08   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
NBS did not have a service station back in the day when I had my previous Scorpio. I took delivery of the new Scorp from G3, and their after sales is nothing short of horrendous. They follow up calls are simply useless, absurd and very casual with no intention of getting anything done.

Wondering if I should give Milestone a try this time around.

manson.
in case of mahindra, its the same everywhere. i suggest you try out global gallarie too. i would rate it 6 on 10.
Old 7th August 2009, 17:10   #1595
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

somehow, my instinct always tells me that the older scorpio's feel tougher - its something intangible but i am 100% sure that my instinct is correct on this.

you guys also could check and share your impressions..
cheers
sb
Tell me about it. I have since day one been complaining to everyone around about inferior build quality of the new Scorpio compared to my older 2004 non Crde. The fit and finish of the plastics too leaves a lot to be desired, the older Scorpio had far better quality plastics, superior fit and feel good factor.
The new Scorpio has a number of new value added features, that have obviously come at a much higher price too but then Mahindra should have maintained quality levels for their premium segment product.

manson.
Old 7th August 2009, 17:15   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
VLX -BSIII-4WD992800
The price from the website , Sireesh Auto confirmed this and Iam awaiting a call .
Very prompt , Sireesh Auto gave me a call to Confirm M-hawk 4X4 has been launched .
Old 7th August 2009, 17:28   #1597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
in case of mahindra, its the same everywhere. i suggest you try out global gallarie too. i would rate it 6 on 10.
I know. Before I bought the Scorpio I was hoping that they would have improved from the two years I did not send across my previous Black one to Ambition, but sadly they stand where they always did if not fallen lower.
Global is a wee bit too far for me, I stay at Khar.
I have scheduled an appointment for tommorow morning at Milestone if I can drop it off there, or have it picked up on Monday instead.

GTO & Cyrus, I was hoping for some able directions to get to Milestone.

manson.
Old 8th August 2009, 08:02   #1598
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

you know, many of these so-called value added features are designed more with the typical testosterone deficient, comfort craving sissy type urban yuppy puppy in mind - the scorpio original was definitely a better machine in many ways - except for the rear suspension which in the new one is rather more comfy.

i am simply not enamoured by the new cosmetic changes at all - while it may have a sabre tooth and blah blah, the newer scorpios look rather like tooth-less tigers when compared with the old ones- the older ones certainly looked more puposeful.

a bit like dressing up a fully armed commando in drag and making him parade around in such totally un-suitable disguise!

however, having said this, the newer vehicles coming out now - with 4WD and the 2.2 engine etc are great. If only they would put a stop to their singularly un-aesthetic minded design team, fiddling with the cosmetics, I would for one, appreciate it greatly.

the same goes for the Bolero - I loved the purposeful look that my old 2005 Bolero had - tempered aggression is the word that springs to mind. the new ones look rather weird - suitable for the political flobbits and the real estate mafia types and their singularly un-appealing ilk.

forgive the radical views expressed here - they are strictly my own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Tell me about it. I have since day one been complaining to everyone around about inferior build quality of the new Scorpio compared to my older 2004 non Crde. The fit and finish of the plastics too leaves a lot to be desired, the older Scorpio had far better quality plastics, superior fit and feel good factor.
The new Scorpio has a number of new value added features, that have obviously come at a much higher price too but then Mahindra should have maintained quality levels for their premium segment product.

manson.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th August 2009 at 08:04.
Old 8th August 2009, 11:03   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
you know, many of these so-called value added features are designed more with the typical testosterone deficient, comfort craving sissy type urban yuppy puppy in mind - the scorpio original was definitely a better machine in many ways - except for the rear suspension which in the new one is rather more comfy.
God, you have really strong views, for sure! Share your dislike for the "Refresh" Scorpio, and agree that the M- Hawk and the rear suspension are improvements.

Regarding the quality, it was never great in any version. I bought a first generation one after the first minor engine upgrade, and kept it till the then- new CRDe (non- facelifted) was launched, clocking just 25,000km or so. I am a very "soft" driver, and drive mostly by myself, but still there were some squeaks and rattles. The same car I saw at 65,000km at a used car showroom when I was looking for a car for my friend, and, you know, the car was really a "tinbox" (that's a correct word, I think) by then. But the owner said he was having no issues with the engine, gearbox or suspension. If you want quality and solid feel even after 75,000km, don't look here- look at a Qualis or Innova. But you can't fault any Mahindra vehicle for ruggedness.
Old 8th August 2009, 11:45   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
But the owner said he was having no issues with the engine, gearbox or suspension. I
...... But you can't fault any Mahindra vehicle for ruggedness.
Hehe, ruggedness means different things to different people!
I'll take it, if it just keeps going without stranding me somewhere...rattles are bad but I'll live with them if I have to.
The big grouse against Toyota is that they reneged on their promise to offer a 4WD Qualis within six months of the launch! That six months went to six years and more......still no 4WD on the Innova!
Old 8th August 2009, 17:54   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i am simply not enamoured by the new cosmetic changes at all - while it may have a sabre tooth and blah blah, the newer scorpios look rather like tooth-less tigers when compared with the old ones- the older ones certainly looked more puposeful.

a bit like dressing up a fully armed commando in drag and making him parade around in such totally un-suitable disguise!

however, having said this, the newer vehicles coming out now - with 4WD and the 2.2 engine etc are great. If only they would put a stop to their singularly un-aesthetic minded design team, fiddling with the cosmetics, I would for one, appreciate it greatly.

the same goes for the Bolero - I loved the purposeful look that my old 2005 Bolero had - tempered aggression is the word that springs to mind. the new ones look rather weird - suitable for the political flobbits and the real estate mafia types and their singularly un-appealing ilk.

forgive the radical views expressed here - they are strictly my own...
This reminds me the comparison made by many last year when I was buying my Thunderbird TwinSpark. Everyoe said TBTS is could be a better bike, but not a better RE bike. I too agree after riding it for an year. It is a non problematic bike, But certainly it missed the typical RE touch, Rhythm and Feel.
It may look absurd, But Sometimes technology changes the way things has to be - though it tends to improve the system.

I am yet to become a owner of a new Scorpio, I have driven a older model years before - I could easily say, I do not get the same feel (I do not know what it is) with the newer one (though I am convinced with the advancements), my heart says I am missing something. :-)
Old 8th August 2009, 19:27   #1602
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Boy am I glad I have the old scorpio
Old 8th August 2009, 20:41   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
You're sitting with good enough reason to be glad!
At least you need never regret the fact that you don't have the new one!
Don't be in a hurry to upgrade, please!
Old 8th August 2009, 21:43   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
That doesn't mean my TBTS is less on the road. It has the power - what I need, Overall it is non-problematic.
New Scorpio is certainly improved, better millage, Better suspension, better space (at least what I noticed) - and the comfort level is certainly improved. The FE what is gives is better than th older ones, handling too was slightly improved. You can easily notice the bumpy ride in Older versions, which is improved much.
What we miss should be the plastics and the presentation (or a better word). I hope the number of problems this SUV may face is also reduced. What else?

Expecting best of both worlds never happens to me with Cars - we Indians are trained to live with Scarifies or compromises.
Old 8th August 2009, 23:13   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Lately I have started liking Scorpio’s looks and performance, specially of the 4x4 model. It looks to me as a modern day jeep, just the right size, not much overhang and good power with comforts. I can trade my CL340 with only a 4x4 Scorpio.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks