Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 14:09   #1621
BHPian

From the file name, its the Murud beach. Its quite close to Mumbai in fact (if I am not wrong about 4-5 hours drive each way). The beaches are indeed spectacular. For those who are interested in history , its a must go. The forts that were built in Shivajis time are still here in all their splendor and make for some wonderful sight seeing.

My fave pic is the one with the horses in the background. Looks awesome.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:35   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Wolfheart,

Nice pics of your ride, the one with sea as backdrop looks cool!!
Thanks dude, we clicked themthis weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ wolfheart: lovely pics buddy, really cool. you live in mumbai & still you opted for turn indicators in RVMs... not pestered by motorcyclists?

the 2nd pics is nice. proud owner, eh?

i loved the 5th & 6th pic, infact all the beach pics are cool. which place is this? which beach is this?

finally, please try to remove the red global gallarie sticker from your car.
Caution: i had a tough time removing it!
Thanks Raj! Actually my Scorp was pre-owned when I purchased it. The previous owner had the RVM's and leather seats installed. I got this baby when it was 5 months old!

The second pic is me observing a clan of langurs at Borivli National Park. That place is like a second home to me.

We clicked the beach pics at Murud beach. It's about 50-60 kms from Alibaug

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Pictures very nicely taken at the beach. Your guy looks so strong! :-)
BTW, what is the bull bar brand/model? cost? and where did you get it?. It looks simple and solves its purpose.

Thank you.
Hi benny, the guy in the pic is me. Thx for the compliment....unless you meant the car!!
The bull bar says "ajanta" on it. It was installed by the previous owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
@ wolfheart: Raj prempted me. me too like to know which beach is it - somewhere in Kerala if I may guess?
These are lovely pics and I am also wondering whether do these pics look still better coz I am watching it from behind my workdesk in my office and wishing I was there. Oh sometimes life seems so unfair and Safari ad comes to mind- Reclaim your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Hey nice pics there wolfheart ! WHat beach is that ?
Thanks guys! Those pics were taken at Murud- Zanjira beach which is abit further from Kashid. If any of you guys plan to go there do let me know. I discovered this really awesome route which passes through hills, dense forests and is totally isolated. One of the most scenic drives I have ever done.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:55   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
From the file name, its the Murud beach. Its quite close to Mumbai in fact (if I am not wrong about 4-5 hours drive each way). The beaches are indeed spectacular. For those who are interested in history , its a must go. The forts that were built in Shivajis time are still here in all their splendor and make for some wonderful sight seeing.

My fave pic is the one with the horses in the background. Looks awesome.
Thanks dude! The fort stands in the middle of the sea. Apparently you can take a boat ride and visit the fort as well. We didnt do it 'cos we were stuffed with local malvani seafood + tuborgs and didnt want to regurgitate everything on a wobbly boat ride
Old 20th August 2009, 12:30   #1624
Senior - BHPian

nice pics, looks cool. I can see one Safari in one of the pic too, that too looks good.
Old 20th August 2009, 13:27   #1625
Senior - BHPian

best of the lot, congratulations on your beast.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:52   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
nice pics, looks cool. I can see one Safari in one of the pic too, that too looks good.
what the hell? how could you talk about the safari in this thread? how could you like a safari in this thread? how could you buddy, how could you do this????

just kidding.

@ vijay: the pic you posted looks nice, aint it? one horse with few another!
Old 21st August 2009, 12:42   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
what the hell? how could you talk about the safari in this thread? how could you like a safari in this thread? how could you buddy, how could you do this????

just kidding.
Relax raj if it's any consolation, the safari that you see in the pic got stuck in the sand a while later. It was parked very close to the tide and after a while more than 50% of the wheels were sunk. then the tide started rising and things got really bad. It took 2 hrs and about 15 people to remove it.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:02   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum with one-liners that add no value to the forum. We recommend visiting our board rules prior to proceeding further on the forum.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2009 at 20:36.
vijaythacker is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st August 2009, 19:23   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Relax raj if it's any consolation, the safari that you see in the pic got stuck in the sand a while later. It was parked very close to the tide and after a while more than 50% of the wheels were sunk. then the tide started rising and things got really bad. It took 2 hrs and about 15 people to remove it.
be careful buddy. some members are really sensitive to such comments, so we never know!!! i would not want a debate in this beautiful thread and i dont want the Mods to intervene too.

buddy, i had shared some pics of my scorpio on a beach too. your pics is making me want to re-visit that place for yet another 'photoshoot'.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2009 at 20:37. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 21st August 2009, 19:28   #1630

Few pics of my scorpio in this link ...
Picasa Web Albums - Yesterday - Wheels of Desire
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:44   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
be careful buddy. some members are really sensitive to such comments, so we never know!!! i would not want a debate in this beautiful thread and i dont want the Mods to intervene too.

buddy, i had shared some pics of my scorpio on a beach too. your pics is making me want to re-visit that place for yet another 'photoshoot'.
It's OK Raj, I was just sharing a fact. BTW I lent a helping hand as well. But make sure guys whenever you're on the beach, dont get too close to the surf. DOnt let your vehicle stand there for a long time or you're bound to get stuck.

Even before you go to the beach make sure that the ground is relatively stiff. Avoid loose sand. If you notice, the surface is quite stiff, however I kept my distance from the surf since I could feel the wheels sinking when I went close.

So enjoy your ride on the beach, but make a quick assessment of the sand, tide etc before you take your car there.
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:54   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitranshu View Post
Few pics of my scorpio in this link ...
Picasa Web Albums - Yesterday - Wheels of Desire
thanks for sharing the pics mate. how about an ownership thread now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
It's OK Raj, I was just sharing a fact. BTW I lent a helping hand as well. But make sure guys whenever you're on the beach, dont get too close to the surf. DOnt let your vehicle stand there for a long time or you're bound to get stuck.

Even before you go to the beach make sure that the ground is relatively stiff. Avoid loose sand. If you notice, the surface is quite stiff, however I kept my distance from the surf since I could feel the wheels sinking when I went close.

So enjoy your ride on the beach, but make a quick assessment of the sand, tide etc before you take your car there.
sure, thanks for the tips buddy. i have been to a beach before but since mine is a 4x2, i have been careful & as you said, have never gone too close to the surf.
Old 27th August 2009, 09:58   #1633
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Actually, I think its the other way round. I used to thrash my gypsy on the beaches a lot, and it was always safe closer to the surf, i.e wet sand, where it used to be hard and wheels never sink in. Its the dry loose sand to be wary of...

And btw...guys...please wake up and lets see some action pics ! This thread is so dead, some mod may decide to close it !!
Old 27th August 2009, 10:38   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Nooo.. Please wait before closing.

This pictures might not look good, taken right after reaching home from the delivery.

I know I owe a detailed report and new picture. I am yet to site and write it, and take a photo shoot. I will do it very soon in a new thread.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img00076200908200720.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img00075200908200720.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-img00079200908200831.jpg  

Old 27th August 2009, 10:50   #1635
Senior - BHPian

@ benny: i would like to know the performance of the double din HU buddy. i have read that it's USB is usless as it does not recognise many formats.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed