Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 10:52   #1636
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Nooo.. Please wait before closing.
Lol benny I was just kidding !! Congrats on the scorpio...its a nice colour as well...cant recollect seeing this before. You OWE that baby some better pics
Old 27th August 2009, 12:51   #1637
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

youre right. i used to do the same with my old gypsy more than 10 years back in madras. you can drive peacefully at the edge of the surf where the water has wet and packed the sand. it usually is firmer there and less chance of chaos.
in the dry, soft, loose sand there are lots of possibilities for getting one's self stuck.
one has to be careful playing about in the sand, even in a 4WD like a Gypsy.
Scorpio 2WD i would simply NOT take anywhere near the sand. I would even hesitate to take a Scorpio 4WD onto the sand because these vehicles are really heavy - it is quite possible to sink them up to the axles and then you will require a tractor to pull you out!

havent seen all that many tractors hanging around within easy access of the beaches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Actually, I think its the other way round. I used to thrash my gypsy on the beaches a lot, and it was always safe closer to the surf, i.e wet sand, where it used to be hard and wheels never sink in. Its the dry loose sand to be wary of...

And btw...guys...please wake up and lets see some action pics ! This thread is so dead, some mod may decide to close it !!
Old 27th August 2009, 13:00   #1638
Senior - BHPian

If I may

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc_3124-large.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc_3104-large.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc_3177-large.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc_3102-large.jpg
Old 27th August 2009, 13:55   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
youre right. i used to do the same with my old gypsy more than 10 years back in madras. you can drive peacefully at the edge of the surf where the water has wet and packed the sand. it usually is firmer there and less chance of chaos.
in the dry, soft, loose sand there are lots of possibilities for getting one's self stuck.
one has to be careful playing about in the sand, even in a 4WD like a Gypsy.
Scorpio 2WD i would simply NOT take anywhere near the sand. I would even hesitate to take a Scorpio 4WD onto the sand because these vehicles are really heavy - it is quite possible to sink them up to the axles and then you will require a tractor to pull you out!

havent seen all that many tractors hanging around within easy access of the beaches!
hey guys you're right. But on this particular beach the surface away from the surf was evanly flat and quite stiff. However once you go close to the surf, even when you're on your feet the sand kinda turns to slush under your feet and you sink upto your ankles. The same thing happened to the Safari and a Qualis got suck there as well.

Every beach has different conditions I guess. For eg if you go to juhu beach you have a lot of dry sand where vehicles may get stuck. On this type of beach you have to drive closer to the surf cos the surface of the ground is firm.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:20   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
If I may
Looking Damn good with the Bull bar. I wanted to have something like this, But I felt it covers the Walrus toothed Logo :-).

BTW, Did you see the Road assist report in Autobild new edition? They checked with 9 A.S.S of different manufacturer and Mahindra comes First in last.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:23   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I may
No, we have seen that before.

Did that scorpio monogram on the rear door come in body colour or did you get that painted ?
Old 27th August 2009, 16:08   #1642
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
No, we have seen that before.

Did that scorpio monogram on the rear door come in body colour or did you get that painted ?

AFAIK its 'embossed' in the cladding plastic itself.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:43   #1643
Senior - BHPian

agbennt A$$ I wouldn't be worried pal, if you know how to hit the nail nothing else matters. You could get the big boys on their toes if there are problems.

John it came embossed like that from the factory.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:56   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Could you tell me the cost and the make of the lights on your bull bar?

Members, will the old Scorpio Grill fit into the new Scorp's grill. I just hate that squirrel tooth.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:09   #1645
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good point - yes it may have something to do with the actual composition of the sand and of course, its texture which may vary place to place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
hey guys you're right. But on this particular beach the surface away from the surf was evanly flat and quite stiff. However once you go close to the surf, even when you're on your feet the sand kinda turns to slush under your feet and you sink upto your ankles. The same thing happened to the Safari and a Qualis got suck there as well.

Every beach has different conditions I guess. For eg if you go to juhu beach you have a lot of dry sand where vehicles may get stuck. On this type of beach you have to drive closer to the surf cos the surface of the ground is firm.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:03   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post

Is this somewhere near to Mangalore ? The beach there is similar and quite dangerous , I remember seeing a score board of number of people who drowned each year and toll was quite high. Forgot the name of beach though.
Old 27th August 2009, 21:51   #1647
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Is this somewhere near to Mangalore ? The beach there is similar and quite dangerous , I remember seeing a score board of number of people who drowned each year and toll was quite high. Forgot the name of beach though.
The beach in context here is Murud beach. But yes, Mangalore beaches are notorious for being dangerous !
Old 28th August 2009, 17:48   #1648
Senior - BHPian

has anybody installed the auto close feature in their scorpio?

when i bought my scorpio, i was offered this in the accessories list. what it does basically is that it will close all the open windows automatically when you lock the car with the remote.
Old 28th August 2009, 19:24   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hi Could you tell me the cost and the make of the lights on your bull bar?

Members, will the old Scorpio Grill fit into the new Scorp's grill. I just hate that squirrel tooth.
Lights are from Hella. Its called Hella Rallyeye 3003, if you are keen try and source the RallyEye 4000's they look awesome.

I don't think the refresh models bumper would fit, I just confirmed with a source at Mahindra who says that the mounting points have changed.I could be wrong though, Behram could confirm this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
has anybody installed the auto close feature in their scorpio?

when i bought my scorpio, i was offered this in the accessories list. what it does basically is that it will close all the open windows automatically when you lock the car with the remote.
No Rocket science pal, had it in my baleno earlier and sure will work with the scorp'. The brand was something like SCORPION or so, was an easy fitment.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:01   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Rocket science pal, had it in my baleno earlier and sure will work with the scorp'. The brand was something like SCORPION or so, was an easy fitment.
thanks mate.

actually i had ticked this option but the ill informed salesman told me its standard in the VLX! even i did not bother to check this myself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks