Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 23:21   #1786
Senior - BHPian

i loved the new instrument console. what are the two small square screens besides the TPMS?
Old 12th October 2009, 07:24   #1787
Senior - BHPian

rj; nice pix. Dont you have more? I saw some with maggie too. Please do post that too.
Old 12th October 2009, 09:56   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i loved the new instrument console. what are the two small square screens besides the TPMS?
The console (digital area) is totally not viewable during the day time. The clock becomes useless. The Audio system (OE supplied) has a clock, which too is not usable when switched off.
The digitals should have a florescent background which is missing. Any solution to this?
I am trying to find a clock to fit it in the dashboard center, which is not available anywhere.
Old 12th October 2009, 10:08   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
The console (digital area) is totally not viewable during the day time. The clock becomes useless. The Audio system (OE supplied) has a clock, which too is not usable when switched off.
The digitals should have a florescent background which is missing. Any solution to this?
I am trying to find a clock to fit it in the dashboard center, which is not available anywhere.
i think you can try a DIY- as in change the back lighting of the instrument console. there are many such DIY threads in T-BHP.
Old 12th October 2009, 10:16   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think you can try a DIY- as in change the back lighting of the instrument console. there are many such DIY threads in T-BHP.
Hey his vehicle is still in warranty , I would suggest don't touch that aspect if that requires splicing or soldering anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Try applying window tints , 35% visibility for windows and 50% for the rear windshield ( This is considered light in BLR and visually from outside there is not much diff from legal limit of 50 windows , 70 rear) else go for 25% allaround if youhave no plans to take the Scorp to Delhi and Punjab.

EDIT : Just noticed you already have quite dark tints so will take back my suggestion.

Last edited by amitk26 : 12th October 2009 at 10:22.
Old 12th October 2009, 15:23   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Hey his vehicle is still in warranty , I would suggest don't touch that aspect if that requires splicing or soldering anything.

Try applying window tints , 35% visibility for windows and 50% for the rear windshield ( This is considered light in BLR and visually from outside there is not much diff from legal limit of 50 windows , 70 rear) else go for 25% allaround if youhave no plans to take the Scorp to Delhi and Punjab.

EDIT : Just noticed you already have quite dark tints so will take back my suggestion.
During the first service, I will check if anything is possibly I can do(it my self) without tampering the warranty.

Yes, the tints are too dark, and I am planning to change to lighter shade, a mistake of Rs.3500/- :-(
Old 12th October 2009, 22:16   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
The left square is for alert condition' it displays 'Pressure/Leakage/Temp' depending on problem. The right square is Units - indicates 'PSI/TEMP 0C, more of filler to achieve symmetry in design.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:09   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
great pics AC. i can only dream of driving to such places!
Raj when you have a scorpio why Dream when you can actually Drive. leave your work aside take a 15 day trip for yourself and trust me you will not regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Superb pics, ac 427!
Did you have to slip clutch anywhere on your travels? Like during starting from standstill on a steep gradient?
nopes there were not slip clutch issues, only problem i found was while steep gradients, the response of the engine was a bit sluggish, as in even after revving the engine hard, the rpm used to get up pretty slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
ac,

wow, splendind pics. You are awesome with your camera & car too.

Happy Motoring!!

Regards,
thanks bro, but trust me the drive was very very difficult but worth all the efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
ac...those are some nice snaps and the locations are to die for. You are one lucky guy. Please share the travel log with us too.

nvldvr...welcome to the club. Thats a great looking ride. Plan any mods?
nip my travelogue is written find below the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tabo-back.html

cheers,

ac
Old 14th October 2009, 17:55   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Raj when you have a scorpio why Dream when you can actually Drive. leave your work aside take a 15 day trip for yourself and trust me you will not regret it.
i feel the main factor that makes your trip either enjoyable or boring is your passenger! i feel good company is a must.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:38   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Well said, ac!
What's with Raj that he keeps denying himself a good long trip into the mountains?!
A well heeled gent, no major issues with obtaining 'leave' from work, and yet he keeps on 'dreaming' about going to these places!
OK, Raj, about time you simply did it!
Good company is much overrated. When you are one with the road and the terrain, company has limited appeal!
I hope you are not confusing romance/courtship with travel!

Last edited by anupmathur : 14th October 2009 at 18:39.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:25   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Well said, ac!
What's with Raj that he keeps denying himself a good long trip into the mountains?!
A well heeled gent, no major issues with obtaining 'leave' from work, and yet he keeps on 'dreaming' about going to these places!
OK, Raj, about time you simply did it!
Good company is much overrated. When you are one with the road and the terrain, company has limited appeal!
I hope you are not confusing romance/courtship with travel!

not at all anup sir!

its just that my long drives are more to places in south india & have never got a chance to visit places above mumbai in the map!

anyways, since you & AC have said this, i think its high time i make a sincere effort from my side.

got to donate some good pics to this thread.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:57   #1797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
anyways, since you & AC have said this, i think its high time i make a sincere effort from my side.
Right then! See you in Delhi in a few weeks! Then we'll really send you places!
Old 15th October 2009, 14:38   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

not at all anup sir!

its just that my long drives are more to places in south india & have never got a chance to visit places above mumbai in the map!

got to donate some good pics to this thread.
raj trust me nako is the village you have to see once in your life, imagine this a village 13000 feet above, the village built around a lake, the water for which comes from a underwater spring, and then all of this covered with snow capped mountains....
earlier i used to think work is my life, now i know my life is my life and its worth living, and worth living well. so i have committed 15 days to myself, no office, no gfs, no stress, no hangups, jsut me, the road and the scorpio

Quote:
i feel the main factor that makes your trip either enjoyable or boring is your passenger! i feel good company is a must.
raj i went with just 1 friend, and we did very less talking during the trip, it was a totally diff experience. Go ahead my friend. do this trip.

will wait for your travelogue now

cheers,
ac
Old 15th October 2009, 15:10   #1799
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i think raj is busy packing his bags
Old 15th October 2009, 16:56   #1800
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm...looks like I have to start packing my bags as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks