Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:23   #1891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ SS:great pics buddy. you do it almost everytime!
@ sha: thanks for the great video sha. mahindra must have launched the 4x4 scorpio mHawk long back.
Thanks Raj. That Scorp in action is the 2.6 CRDe 4WD, not the mHawk.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:43   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Yeah, I think he knows that. Looking at the 4WD capabilities of Scorp, he is admiring if the same could have been launched in mHawk a long time back.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:08   #1893
Senior - BHPian

SS- great pictures as your routine habbit of doing so.
Sha- thanks for the video, scorpio shows what its capable of, finally mahindra thought of getting 4x4 in Mhawk as well, which should have been done quite early.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:25   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Yeah, I think he knows that. Looking at the 4WD capabilities of Scorp, he is admiring if the same could have been launched in mHawk a long time back.
i know SS. what amit said is right. what i meant was if the mHawk was launched with 4WD back then, i would have definitely got one & even i could have tried all these instead of just drooling over them!
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:21   #1895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i know SS. what amit said is right. what i meant was if the mHawk was launched with 4WD back then, i would have definitely got one & even i could have tried all these instead of just drooling over them!
Oops, I misunderstood. Sorry. However, I have grave reservations about plunging an electronics-laden engine such as the mHawk into water that deep. Would much prefer my engine to be an M2Di in that case, and my transfer case to be manual, not electric.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:35   #1896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oops, I misunderstood. Sorry. However, I have grave reservations about plunging an electronics-laden engine such as the mHawk into water that deep. Would much prefer my engine to be an M2Di in that case, and my transfer case to be manual, not electric.
That's sane thinking - if we have ever have any around here
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:42   #1897
BHPian

well if other big manufacturers can do it i think mahindra should probably be able to pull it off as well maybe not as reliably with the scorpio, but i am sure that they will do it with the new global suv project
coming back to the scorpio in question it was driven phenomenally well and the driver had to struggle with lack of traction and the weight of the scorpio pushing itself down. edit: the vehicle can be seen sliding down
but he has spent quite a bit in raising the ground clearance and modding the intake and exhausts which have given him those capabilities, specially those tyres, they are really something. a stock four wheel drive scorpio would probably be in pieces given the gradient and terrain. has off to the owner who put his scorpio through that and my sympathies ti him too coz that tree in the later stage really messed things up for him

Last edited by Off Roadie : 23rd November 2009 at 19:45.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:51   #1898
Senior - BHPian

i agree SS. if not the water, i can atleast do what the guy in the video has done! some basic mud plugging, rock climbing and stuff....
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:01   #1899
Sha
BHPian

Guys all Sensor and ECU in scorpio is water proof, i can tell affirmative one of the engineer who works in this field and that company supplies to Mahindra.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:16   #1900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SS Traveller splendid pictures! Your Refreshed Scorpio looks splendid in the forest setting. The only animal missing is the Great Indian Tiger along with!
Sha thats a wonderful Scorpio 4 X 4 video.Guess the rear suspension was stiffened and raised in height for a greater ground clearance. And the CRDe had leaf spring suspensions in the rear.Don't know how the redone or rather refreshed rear coil spring suspension by Lotus Engineering, UK, of the current model will cope up with the terrain.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:35   #1901
Distinguished - BHPian

A picture of the Hawk-on-fours in the night on NH24, when we stopped for tea.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc07703k200.jpg  

Old 24th November 2009, 12:56   #1902
Senior - BHPian

SS, great picture again,whats that animal in those lights shade, seemed stopped seeing your animal coming nearIs it possible to getoff those stickers on rear of scorpio, looses its muscular charm with them on.Can mahindra provide one without them on order?
Old 24th November 2009, 12:59   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A picture of the Hawk-on-fours in the night on NH24, when we stopped for tea.

Nice pics, didnt knew the number plates lights were so strong and powerful. The bumper is all lighted up due to it.
Old 24th November 2009, 14:44   #1904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
SS, great picture again,whats that animal in those lights shade, seemed stopped seeing your animal coming nearIs it possible to getoff those stickers on rear of scorpio, looses its muscular charm with them on.Can mahindra provide one without them on order?
Unfortunately they will not. And if you ask them to remove it, they will tape you with the sticker as well.

And if you remove the sticker and take it to the service center, your warranty will be determined void on everything.
Old 24th November 2009, 20:25   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Nice pics, didnt knew the number plates lights were so strong and powerful. The bumper is all lighted up due to it.
LOL, this is called attention to detail! you can see where to step on the bumper at night!
just like mahindra has provided lights for the side footsteps, this one acts for the number plate as well as the bumper!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks