Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 21:44   #1906
Distinguished - BHPian

Two more pics of the Hawk-on-fours in its natural element.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-hawk-verticalk120.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-hawkparkedk120.jpg  

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 24th November 2009 at 21:47.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:48   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
LOL, this is called attention to detail! you can see where to step on the bumper at night!
just like mahindra has provided lights for the side footsteps, this one acts for the number plate as well as the bumper!
But when you open the rear door the light has changed position away from the step. Although you can still say, that it lights up the ground below.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:41   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am back after a long long braak from TBHP dute to excessive work commitments.

Have some pictures from a recent Kashid Beach (apx 120 Km from Navi Mumbai on Konkan coast) trip with family.

Started off for the trip at 5 AM with plans to reach for the Sun rise, but the weather elements were not kind and it was raining heavily for the last two days with the sunday morning being no exception.

Since the trip had been planned and postponed a couple of times already the trip had to be undertaken rain or no rain.

So we decided to enjoy the early morning drive in the rain beach or no beach.

The rain was intermittant so the suto wipers were used to the optimum extent with full efficiency though at times when it dounpoured heavily I had to intervene manually.

The road was slippery and had heavy vehicle traffic moving at snails pace, but looking at the conditions a sedate average of 60 Km was maintained, even thoug I have done up to 120 on the same road on trips when the weather was good.

BY the time we reached Alibag the rain god started showing some mercy and the Arabian sea winds cleared the clouds to some extent and by the time we reached the Kashid bech the sun was out and the water was warm.

The car though filthy with all the muck looked truely the SUV it is.

It was an enjoyable bech fun with the sun and clouds playing hide and seek so it was really pleasent.

Enjoyed the warm water, hot sand, and the latest attractions the Speed Boat Ride and Water scooter, at exorbitant rates but it was worth the fun.

We started back at around 2 PM after lunch and this time the trip took about 1 hr 20 mts with only the driver i.e. myself awake and rest of the junta soundly asleep enjoying the cool breeze of the AC.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_2031.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_2032.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_2030.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_2033.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_2034.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_2308.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-100_2310.jpg  

Old 27th November 2009, 11:53   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Mupreti,

Good pics and nice to see your car in the elements of nature. Cool!
Old 27th November 2009, 12:58   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
And if you remove the sticker and take it to the service center, your warranty will be determined void on everything.
Is this for real warranty void for removing sticker ?
May be some high tech sticker which form some composite high strength material altering the properties of steel sheet on which it is stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Guys all Sensor and ECU in scorpio is water proof, i can tell affirmative one of the engineer who works in this field and that company supplies to Mahindra.
I hope you are not gullible enough to fall for it , They may say tell you later that sensor is waterproof but the copper connector to the sensor developed oxide layer and thus it failed and also your warrenty is null and void for improper usage by water fording.
Old 27th November 2009, 22:23   #1911
BHPian

to m upreti
good to see some pics of a scopio splashed with dirt

to amit
well a smarter way to work around it would be to ask the service centre to wash the engine bay once in a while so that then we can put the blame for the oxidation back on them =P
Old 27th November 2009, 23:28   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi Friends,

I am back after a long long braak from TBHP dute to excessive work commitments.

Have some pictures from a recent Kashid Beach (apx 120 Km from Navi Mumbai on Konkan coast) trip with family.

Started off for the trip at 5 AM with plans to reach for the Sun rise, but the weather elements were not kind and it was raining heavily for the last two days with the sunday morning being no exception.

Since the trip had been planned and postponed a couple of times already the trip had to be undertaken rain or no rain.

So we decided to enjoy the early morning drive in the rain beach or no beach.

The rain was intermittant so the suto wipers were used to the optimum extent with full efficiency though at times when it dounpoured heavily I had to intervene manually.

The road was slippery and had heavy vehicle traffic moving at snails pace, but looking at the conditions a sedate average of 60 Km was maintained, even thoug I have done up to 120 on the same road on trips when the weather was good.

BY the time we reached Alibag the rain god started showing some mercy and the Arabian sea winds cleared the clouds to some extent and by the time we reached the Kashid bech the sun was out and the water was warm.

The car though filthy with all the muck looked truely the SUV it is.

It was an enjoyable bech fun with the sun and clouds playing hide and seek so it was really pleasent.

Enjoyed the warm water, hot sand, and the latest attractions the Speed Boat Ride and Water scooter, at exorbitant rates but it was worth the fun.

We started back at around 2 PM after lunch and this time the trip took about 1 hr 20 mts with only the driver i.e. myself awake and rest of the junta soundly asleep enjoying the cool breeze of the AC.
Nice pictures of your dirt car.It is looking like a icing on the cake.
The Scorpio at its best.
Old 28th November 2009, 09:04   #1913
Senior - BHPian

nice pics upreti. you scorpio is fully loaded! did the third row passengers suffer at the end of the trip?
Old 28th November 2009, 09:34   #1914
BHPian

Beautiful car!! Nice to see it covered in dirt. I love the first pic. Cute expression.
Old 28th November 2009, 14:26   #1915
Senior - BHPian

m-upreti, nice pictures with scoprio at its best running around.Can you please share how was third row passengers felt during the whole trip, comfort and discomfort as well.
Old 28th November 2009, 21:37   #1916
BHPian

uh since i have a three row version might i add that the third row is best for kids or short adults. tall adults will be sitting with their knees really high and although it is ok for the city it is not too great for long drives or periods longer than 2 hours at a stretch. frequent passenger swap is highly recommended. have traveled with 7 adults on a day trip to lavasa and back using the same formula. everyone was able to walk straight at the end of the day.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:09   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Thanks getsurya, Off Roadie,mercedised

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Mupreti,Good pics and nice to see your car in the elements of nature. Cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
to m upreti good to see some pics of a scopio splashed with dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Nice pictures of your dirt car.It is looking like a icing on the cake.The Scorpio at its best.
Hi Raj, vijaythacker

You are right the car was fully loaded, 6 adults, 1 - 8 yr old, 2 - Under 3 yrs.

Last row was graced by my bro in law and nephew who slept through the onward and return journey fortunately both are not vey tall so were fully charged up on the beach after the morning drive, absolutely no after effects of the cramped space.

The irritating part is the getting in and out. Xylo has an excellent double fold which should be made available here. If Mahindra makes that offer I would gladly swap the single seat on the 2nd row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
nice pics upreti. you scorpio is fully loaded! did the third row passengers suffer at the end of the trip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
m-upreti, nice pictures with scoprio at its best running around.Can you please share how was third row passengers felt during the whole trip, comfort and discomfort as well.
Thanks Cartman,

He is my 3 yr (nearly) old, it is hard to take him off the drivers seat, so the bargain is that he and he only would occupy the front seat till he tall enough to raach the pedals .

This is the first time I had such a dirt filled journey (I am still trying to clean off the carpets and removing the sand from the interiors despite a couple of rounds of vaccuming)

The roads were bad lot of muck filled pot hole but true to its element the Scorpio performed beautifully biting the a couple of Innovas and a Logan in the dust (rather dirt) by miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Beautiful car!! Nice to see it covered in dirt. I love the first pic. Cute expression.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:20   #1918
BHPian

Here are a few pics of my new scorp SLE.
Will post pictures of interiors later.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-snc00069.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-snc00070.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-snc00071.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-snc00073.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 12:26   #1919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
How is the ride/comfort? Do you feel the same as the OE Tyres or feeling any stiffness? I am looking for the same profile. Let me know the rates too. Thanks for posting this nice pics.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:46   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
looks nice, hows the ride quality and difference after your swap, do share, and how much did you paid for them.The vynl tape on pillars looks nice but one of them isnt pasted well and shows original colour on its side lines,stick it properly which would look good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed