Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 11:38   #1981
Senior - BHPian

hey, yours is a VLX & i can see you have changed the alloys. is the TPMS still working?
Old 4th January 2010, 11:47   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hey, yours is a VLX & i can see you have changed the alloys. is the TPMS still working?
Yes , it ''was'' working until i broke one of them. The remaining 4 are working !
Old 4th January 2010, 12:43   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Grouses:
The audio system, the audio system and the audio system! Unbelievably crappy. There is so much of distortion that whatever emanates from the speakers is just noise. Especially true when compared with my previous setup with Pioneer. I don't have any plans in changing it right away, I'm still recovering from hole-in-pocket syndrome.
@triedeverything - congrats on your white horse - atleast someone bought a white one. I was feeling a bit lonely. on audio system, it is a a rip-off that we spend so much and get an absolute pity of a system.

Quote:
The Scorpio also is not as well insulated as my previous car. Close all the doors and you can still hear the music playing inside - just like you can hear it when the door is open.
Take it as a way of it annoucing itself when it arrives . Folks in my apt complex now are completely aware of my musical tastes.

Quote:
I dislike the gear shift. Even the new trucks from Tata have more aesthetic shifts. I also find it difficult to engage the first gear sometimes.
I didnt have this problem in beginning but I have also noticed the gear shift gradual hardening and difficuly in engaging first gear.

Quote:
I also noticed that some parts of the user manual are poorly written and have a lot of errors.
a few grammatical errors I noticed, but is there something terribly wrong?

Quote:
I'll have to fit the free carrier (Hiker) that I am yet to get from the dealer. I'm also planning on VKool on the front windshield.
get vKool 70 - its quite nice and good heat reduction and compliant to the laws. Wont be cheap if you are still recovering from hole-in-the-pocket syndrome.
Old 4th January 2010, 12:56   #1984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
Yes , it ''was'' working until i broke one of them. The remaining 4 are working !
so i assume you must have got the alloys changed from a reputed garage who had experience in transplanting the TPMS sensors.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:51   #1985
BHPian

Guys, just linking the images posted on other forum of my new VLX AT 4WD with airbag, have not taken any new pictures as of now.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post1660839

-Pramod
Old 4th January 2010, 14:10   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Guys, just linking the images posted on other forum of my new VLX AT 4WD with airbag, have not taken any new pictures as of now.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post1660839

-Pramod
Congrats Pramod on your VLX AT 4WD. It looks really good. By the way, i am waiting to take delivery of my VLX AT 2WD - sometime this month the dealer says. How long did yours take from booking to delivery?

I am never in favour of people leaving anything on top of the dash and hence to me losing that cubbyhole is nothing but "good riddance".
Old 4th January 2010, 18:08   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
so i assume you must have got the alloys changed from a reputed garage who had experience in transplanting the TPMS sensors.
Actually, its nothing big under there. You just got one nut under the other side of the rim, which you will have to remove and put it in the alloys same way. ( You can easily figure it out , if you remove one of your tyres and see ) Make sure you put it back in the same side alloys or you ill have to go through the setup process again, given in the manual to rest it.

You just have to be careful that you do not break the sensors when removing the Tyre from the wheels in both the cases (OEM and Alloys ) because it is very lite.

They cost you about INR 2200 / sensor if you break them. So be very careful.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:24   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
Actually, its nothing big under there. You just got one nut under the other side of the rim, which you will have to remove and put it in the alloys same way. ( You can easily figure it out , if you remove one of your tyres and see ) Make sure you put it back in the same side alloys or you ill have to go through the setup process again, given in the manual to rest it.

You just have to be careful that you do not break the sensors when removing the Tyre from the wheels in both the cases (OEM and Alloys ) because it is very lite.

They cost you about INR 2200 / sensor if you break them. So be very careful.
thanks for that info mate. i am saving for alloys now & hopefully will upgrade very soon.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:57   #1989
Senior - BHPian

She loves the sea

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc_5330-medium.jpg
Old 4th January 2010, 20:25   #1990
BHPian

awesome pic!!! the wind screen looks dark... is it just an effect of the picture?
Old 4th January 2010, 20:41   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
She loves the sea

oh, what a picture buddy! truly wallpaper material. yours is not a 4x4 & i appreciate your courage to do this.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:13   #1992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
awesome pic!!! the wind screen looks dark... is it just an effect of the picture?
The front windshield is tinted.

Quote:
oh, what a picture buddy! truly wallpaper material. yours is not a 4x4 & i appreciate your courage to do this.
Well you could take a bus there and it wouldn't get stuck . Heard off Muzhappilangad Beach in Kannur , its a drive in beach.
Old 8th January 2010, 02:49   #1993
BHPian

rjstyles,
Wah.Beautifull pic yaar..
How much for bullbar and lights?
Old 11th January 2010, 14:14   #1994
BHPian

@ rjstyles,
the photo is really cool however i dont want to be a spoilsport but please don't do that frequently. sea water is highly corrosive and it can wreak havoc with your cars under body even if you have the anti rust treatment in place. do stuff like this in freshwater lakes or river banks
edit:
nice to see water not splashing on the windshield but i think i am gonna miss that feature of not being able to scare my co passengers while driving over puddles etc on the highways.

Last edited by Off Roadie : 11th January 2010 at 14:18.
Old 11th January 2010, 15:06   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
rjstyles,
Wah.Beautifull pic yaar..
How much for bullbar and lights?
Bullbar some 10k and Hella's left me poorer by 6k or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
@ rjstyles,
the photo is really cool however i dont want to be a spoilsport but please don't do that frequently. sea water is highly corrosive and it can wreak havoc with your cars under body even if you have the anti rust treatment in place. do stuff like this in freshwater lakes or river banks
edit:
nice to see water not splashing on the windshield but i think i am gonna miss that feature of not being able to scare my co passengers while driving over puddles etc on the highways.
Thanks for the advice mate. Well I don't do it often nor do I know if I will ever do it again in my life time unless I visit that same drive in beach. I know that sea water is corrosive and can cause damage. But I think I would seldom do it.

Water does splash on the front windshield once you are driving really fast in about a 1/2 a feet of water.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed