Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 21:48   #166
Senior - BHPian

You can actually call it a bioscope vehicle but these installations were necessitated because of the kids. On longdistance travel they used to get bored so at first the video card was added that could play only VCDs. I had a portable Panasonic All Region DVD player that I used to carry but that was too cumbersome and wouldn't play some discs. Only last month the DVD sun wisor was installed.

I'm not a big audiophile, and certainly not of the 'dhinchak' type. The other SUV too has entertainment sources installed that you can read in the similar thread on Safari at this forum itself.

This SMS tracker was installed as an anti-theft device and has a GSM roaming sim in it. If you send a SMS message to the device from the designated mobile, then it sends back a message that contains the details of the last 4 positions that of course means the mobile towers that the sim has connected to. In a way it at least gives one a smaller area to search. This product is by amsaki that can be viewed at Welcome to Amsaki.com. This was done a year back and I paid close to 9k for this then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Guruji, you have a chalta phirta bioscope there!

Do you have entertainment sources installed in the other SUV also?

What is the use of the SMS tracker? Was it installed as an anti-theft device? When did you get it done and how much did you pay? Its got a GSM sim I believe?
Thanks.

The power cable goes into the lighter socket to illuminate the compass in the dark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
GD,

One hell of a vehicle! :-)

A questions why is the compass having a power cable?
The reverse camera with 4 sensors are from RD or Ardee and costed a cool 15K then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Its like the gadget scorpio, which brand of reverse camera with sensors and how much did they cost ?? .

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th July 2008 at 12:17. Reason: 3 Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:36   #167
BHPian

Raj, thanks for kicking off this thread and thanks to all the other contributors for the rich information. More than just getting some great shots of the Scorp in one place (Nip, Anup, HVK, mansidea - really dig those pics), it's a great amount of useful info too (eg: mansidea's black pillars).

Keep it going!
Old 9th July 2008, 09:40   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
You can actually call it a bioscope vehicle but these installations were necessitated because of the kids. On longdistance travel they used to get bored so at first the video card was added that could play only VCDs. I had a portable Panasonic All Region DVD player that I used to carry but that was too cumbersome and wouldn't play some discs. Only last month the DVD sun wisor was installed.
So where do the kids live nowadays - in the house or in the car?!
LOL, I can see that a TV tuner card has not yet gone in place!
Old 9th July 2008, 09:56   #169
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

@GD Lovely pix - seems the kind of vehicle one can simply jump into an go practically anywhere!! what fun!
great work gd - love some of the gadgets on board and I think I ll have to start a monthly SIP to slowly acquire some of these and add them into my Scorp too!

Ok, coming back to topic, I've a 2004 GLx Scorpio with the SZ2600 plus engine. It has done 72K kms till date and the stock Bridgestone Duelers H/T 235x75R15 gave way at 70K kms to Bridgestone Dueler A/T 265x75xR15.

Details:

Stock Kenwood ICE with cassette player
Kenwood 10 CD Changer fitted with PAL video card (can play 10 VCDS)
Gear-lock, Reverse camera with sensors
Sun wisor DVD/MPEG4 player
SMS tracker
Bosch 10000K HIDs

Everything

Dislikes:

Lack of power RVMs
backside rolls on high speeds.

Some pictures of interior & exterior

Attachment 27184

Attachment 27185

Attachment 27186

Attachment 27187

Attachment 27188

Attachment 27189

Attachment 27190

Attachment 27191

Attachment 27192

Attachment 27193

Attachment 27204[/quote]
Old 9th July 2008, 10:55   #170
NIP
Senior - BHPian

wow gd ! thats one techno-scorpio you have ! nice pictures too !! please keep em coming folks
Old 9th July 2008, 12:37   #171
Senior - BHPian

The kids live in the house of course, Anup. The car is meant for only on-road entertainment and that too on long distances. The DTH for car option was explored very seriously and Zee was contacted for this for their DishTV connection. It came at a cost of cool 70K plus the subscription cost. Was not worth it and the hideous dome that they would put on the roof, put me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
So where do the kids live nowadays - in the house or in the car?!
LOL, I can see that a TV tuner card has not yet gone in place!
Old 9th July 2008, 12:59   #172
BHPian

Quote:
The kids live in the house of course, Anup. The car is meant for only on-road entertainment and that too on long distances. The DTH for car option was explored very seriously and Zee was contacted for this for their DishTV connection. It came at a cost of cool 70K plus the subscription cost. Was not worth it and the hideous dome that they would put on the roof, put me off.
Guruji, when did you inquire about this DishTV? When I last found out about it about a month back, I was quoted a rate of 50K + Subscription. I also heard from someone that in Delhi, you now have kits available for as low as 30K for the antenna and you can go for any DTH service with it. Its a boon for someone who is addicted to television and (or) has kids. The 30K kit comes with a roof antenna and wiring till the boot, there they install the STB of the DTH service. I am sure if you inquire in the Delhi Auto Accessories market, you will get more information. These kits are Chinese.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:34   #173
BHPian

gd great car or rather BULL. All additions will make it a luxury SUV & with the total cost i think you have already reached the next segment.

Quote:
OMG. too much..may be three much.
Old 10th July 2008, 13:18   #174
Senior - BHPian

This was nearly 2 yrs back when Zee had started the DTH service. Chinese kit are suspect and 30K is a helluva lot of money to gamble..Warranty would be a major issue. I'm chilling out for the prices to fall and options to increase..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Guruji, when did you inquire about this DishTV? When I last found out about it about a month back, I was quoted a rate of 50K + Subscription. I also heard from someone that in Delhi, you now have kits available for as low as 30K for the antenna and you can go for any DTH service with it. Its a boon for someone who is addicted to television and (or) has kids. The 30K kit comes with a roof antenna and wiring till the boot, there they install the STB of the DTH service. I am sure if you inquire in the Delhi Auto Accessories market, you will get more information. These kits are Chinese.
Old 10th July 2008, 13:21   #175
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mans....All inclusive it might be the next segment, but the next segment beasts, like the Montero or the VW Toureg (eyeing them both) are way beond my means and then again come minus the gadgets that I've in The Bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
gd great car or rather BULL. All additions will make it a luxury SUV & with the total cost i think you have already reached the next segment.

OMG. too much..may be three much.
Old 10th July 2008, 22:12   #176
Senior - BHPian

hey guys, i have fitted this new number plate on my scorp with this 16 small white coloured LEDs inside it which turns on as you switch on the headlights. its glows in the dark in a shade of white. now 1 of my friend suggested me to remove it as its illegal. have anybody else faced such a problem or can you give me your views on it?
Old 11th July 2008, 07:52   #177
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Raj, can't help you regarding Mumbai, but I can describe Delhi in a nutshell: Free For All, in letter and spirit!
Old 11th July 2008, 09:12   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hey guys, i have fitted this new number plate on my scorp with this 16 small white coloured LEDs inside it which turns on as you switch on the headlights. its glows in the dark in a shade of white. now 1 of my friend suggested me to remove it as its illegal. have anybody else faced such a problem or can you give me your views on it?

hey raj..

can you post some pics of that?
one in day light about the setup and another few of night with lights on..
Old 11th July 2008, 09:32   #179
Senior - BHPian

I saw one yesterday in an Alto in Gurgaon. Asked my accessories guy about its availability and legality. He said that it is the current rage and none have been prosecuted for this. Also he mentioned that how could it be illegal as it illuminates the number more thus making it highly visible. As it is we encounter a myriad number of illegal numberplates some with small non-readable numbers, some with fancy fonts, some broken and most without illumination in the nights..and they never get prosecuted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Old 11th July 2008, 13:29   #180
BANNED

Raj,

Nice to see the thread coming out so nicely.

Whats the total Scorp count buddy?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks