Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:16   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Guys,

In all the excitement, got the name of the paint treatment mixed up; it's called Maxicare and NOT Magicure as I mentioned (wonder where I thought that up!). Sorry about the error.

Jammy70
Jimmy,

Congrats, welcome and that's a Rocking wet picture, looks rock solid and undisolvable in the rain

I got my Scorp underbody paint at the ASC when I bought it in June, 2007. Those Idiots at the ASC painted it when it was very humid, charged me 3.5 k, it startd PEELING OFF sometime after January, 2008!!!!!!!

I got the underchasis painted AGAIN with a friendly garage, the same stuff is available outside, in May 08, well before the rains for Rs.2000/-. In June I did the moonsoon drive to Kerala and back in VERY wet conditions and I reckon the underbody painting protected the beast well.

The dealer of teflon coating said, its ideal to do it immediately after a purchase and after the service, when the body is clean off dusts / scratches etc. I don't know the reasons.... wonder why????

A little OT: I've posted the mHwak AT news on the Indian Car Scene just now, interesting that the MT has arrived so fast!!!!!

Happy Driving,

Mansidea,

Driving to Bangy, way to go and way to enjoy the beast.... happy driving again.

--Ramky

======
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:22   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
in my bill, its mentioned as the miracle treatment !!!
Wonder what miracle that would create, the miracle of a 3.5 K bill?

I'm sure your neighbourhood garage would do the same job faster and better than the ASC and would be lesster by at least 1k???

--Ramky

Last edited by ramkya1 : 3rd September 2008 at 23:25.
Old 4th September 2008, 10:20   #573
BHPian

Scorpio mHawk VLX

Received my mHawk yesterday, here are few of the images taken from my N95. Have drive 200kms yesterday night, the initial feel is as expected, the personal problem that I am facing while driving this vehicle are seems like I am seating too high, and am not able to see what there while reversing, these will take some time to get used too.

Will pen down my initial thought and experience in few days.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-03092008004.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-03092008005.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-03092008006.jpg  

Old 4th September 2008, 12:09   #574
Senior - BHPian

Pramod, congrats on your new acquisition!
LOL, I though driving position HIGH up was a PLUS point!
The rear view is totally compromised in almost all SUVs/MUVs and many 'high-boot' sedans too!
Old 4th September 2008, 12:35   #575
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

First Congrats!
Welcome to Scorpio Country.

And in ref reversing, you might find the reversing sensors useful - it will take a bit of time getting used to, but it is a worthwhile addition IMO.- Or doest Mhawk come with it already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Received my mHawk yesterday, here are few of the images taken from my N95. Have drive 200kms yesterday night, the initial feel is as expected, the personal problem that I am facing while driving this vehicle are seems like I am seating too high, and am not able to see what there while reversing, these will take some time to get used too.

Will pen down my initial thought and experience in few days.
Old 4th September 2008, 14:26   #576
Senior - BHPian

congtas pramod, i am sure you will have a blast with this vehicle. every new car takes some time to get used to it. once at it, you will love this machine, personal experience!
the rear sensors will guide you, but please dont rely entirely upon it. though it has never proved wrong to me, why take chances with our loved possession?
Old 4th September 2008, 14:28   #577
Senior - BHPian

a bit of OT here: i have posted my 5000 kms service details and experience in the intial ownership section under the same old thread: finally my new scorpio VLX.
Old 4th September 2008, 14:47   #578
BHPian

congrats, Pramod on your new ride! Have fun.

I found the reverse sensors on my dad's NHC quite useful and plan to add on couple of them to my scorp too.

Cheers,
Old 4th September 2008, 16:11   #579
BHPian

thanks guys, I see the value in parking sensor, but believe Parking Mirror[ I have seen on Ford SUV] might help a lot in identifying obstacles. I believe this vehicle will be more enjoyable on long journey rather than short city trips.

few initial thoughts, need to visit the service center for automatic wiper, it seems to work occasionally rather than always, the gear knob vibrates a lots[may be a vlx trademark as I read from initial report] but want to get this to service center.

-Pramod
Old 4th September 2008, 17:38   #580
Senior - BHPian

you can try to get the vibration reduced at the service centre mate, like i tried in my VLX, TWICE! but it was of no use as even i found it to be present in all mHawks. no i have got used to it. also, in my case it is present only in the 3rd gear, what about yours? everything in the hawk is so refined and silky smooth that i find the gear lever to be an exception, but that is something i can live with.
Old 4th September 2008, 22:24   #581
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pramods, on your new MHawk! The seating position is a little different, especially if you've been driving sedans/hatches previously. But this actually is something you'll begin to love very soon!
Reversing is a bit of a chore because the rear is a big blind spot. Try the sensors like the others have suggested, or the mirror as you said yourself. Let us know how the mirror works... I may be interested in fitting one myself.
Have fun with your new (very big!) baby
Old 5th September 2008, 11:44   #582
BHPian

I would suggest to go in for a reverse Sensor. I have been using it on my Scorpio and am very happy. I would strongly suggest a rear gaurd cause the rear scorpio fibre guard is very costly. On a sudden braking scenario if a bike or even a rickshaw bangs from behind u would end up paying more than 8K for the new fibre guard.

I would not suggest a rear mirror as they can be pulled from outside and stolen. They also give a rattling noise after sometime. But its again your personal choice! But trust me in a months time u will be a master in parking the scorpio, its quite simple considers to a Innova or a Safari!

Congrats on the new buy! Its worth every single penny!
Old 5th September 2008, 13:25   #583
BHPian

The parking sensor are proving useful, but I still need to get the complete hang of it. I am loving it, need to drive more to get more comfortable with vehicle, its a big change from Corsa, every thing has changed, the diesel engine noise to the size of the vehicle, am starting to get used to all the changes and understanding the feature/shortcomings day by day.
Yet to get the RTO number, so driving it within city limits, the checking/verification all are done but because of MSEB shutdown happening in Nagpur the RTO office is virtually closed after 2 PM, there is too much pending work for RTO and all these is taking time, thing that was possible in days now takes week, the excuse are records are not entered in computer!
-Pramod
Old 6th September 2008, 23:21   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
One of my all time favourite pic of my scorpio is:

Attachment 32874
hey!
whr was this taken?
Old 7th September 2008, 08:23   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
hey!
whr was this taken?
In the deep, dark & dangerous woods, Rowhun!!
Isn't that pic delightful?!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed