Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 09:00   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ramkya1 : The dealer of teflon coating said, its ideal to do it immediately after a purchase and after the service, when the body is clean off dusts / scratches etc. I don't know the reasons.... wonder why????
Ramki, the answer to your question is in the same para. When new, the amount of dust /dirt on/under the car is minimum. Later washings cannot bring the car or it's belly back to it's original, virgin cleanlinesss.

Ideally should be done in the factory itself. If not, the distant next best is after a servicing (atleast a wash service), when the under-chassis is washed.
Old 7th September 2008, 11:23   #587
Senior - BHPian

This was taken while tracking the elusive Stripes in innermost parts of the Dudhwa Forest, after the visit timings were over and a little prod to the guide to bend the law. The law of the land and the jungle was broken again, when in a surge of bravado, got down to inspect something in the bush while the guide almost choked himself to death..

While returning saw this visual and clicked. If not the Stripes then be it the Bull of the mechanical kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
hey!
whr was this taken?
Thanks Anup once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
In the deep, dark & dangerous woods, Rowhun!!
Isn't that pic delightful?!
Old 8th September 2008, 00:37   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the enlightening info Anup!! It told me exactly where the pic was taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
This was taken while tracking the elusive Stripes in innermost parts of the Dudhwa Forest, after the visit timings were over and a little prod to the guide to bend the law. The law of the land and the jungle was broken again, when in a surge of bravado, got down to inspect something in the bush while the guide almost choked himself to death..

While returning saw this visual and clicked. If not the Stripes then be it the Bull of the mechanical kind.

Thanks Anup once again.
Why was the guide choking up?
Dudhwa forest looks awesome man..i must go thr sometime.definitely will.
Old 8th September 2008, 02:14   #589
BHPian

no offence anup!
was just being funny ;p
i guess that makes two of us.

Hey,
I think it would be a really cool idea if some of us could get together and take a trip to Dudhwa or a similar place. It would be a great place to drive to, and also be a kinda get-together.
but anywasy this is completely OT, so i'll go mum now.
Old 8th September 2008, 03:40   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Anup,
Forgot to add..Yep the pic is awesome infact..which is why I am drooling abt going thr!!
Tried looking for the edit button on the prev post but couldnt find it.

Anup, no offence abt the prev post. Also, just went thru the entire thread..u have some real cool pics happening around here! And man, do u travel or what..i shud start stalking ur vehicle..atleast that way I will be able to chk out all the cool places u trip to

Mods, can u pls merge my last three posts? Thanks a zillion!!
Old 8th September 2008, 04:06   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
ok ok, enuf bak bak ladies ! where are all the long weekend pics (independence day) !?? don't tell me you guys were home surfing tbhp and discussing some silly fittings/ornaments when you should be bashing around in the mud ?! here's some pics from my last weekend in coorg:
And I was wondering whr have I seen these pics. Saw them with Akshay.
Real Neat!!
Old 8th September 2008, 12:44   #592
Senior - BHPian

First of all the visit timings were over and we were supposed to return. That was the second last day of our stay there and we cajoled the guide to break the rule and take us to the innermost core area that was out of bounds and not allowed as well, since we were not able to see Stripes at all the regular haunts which the guide took us to.

Secondly, one was not supposed to get down from the vehicle, which I did. I still shiver recollecting that. And then while returning back to the vehicle, I stop and click putting myself to a grave danger for which the guide would've been hauled up on the coals. For one stupid act of mine, the poor chap would have lost his job etc.

You can read all about it here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...onal-park.html

Quote:
Why was the guide choking up?
Dudhwa forest looks awesome man..i must go thr sometime.definitely will.

Last edited by gd1418 : 8th September 2008 at 12:47.
Old 8th September 2008, 13:50   #593
Senior - BHPian

Rowhun - Sorry to butt in but please do go through the rules & regulations of the forum. Max no. of smileys allowed in a post is 2 & your post above has 3! Unless of course you want an infraction from the mods!
Old 8th September 2008, 14:33   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Read all of it GD sir. Good fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Rowhun - Sorry to butt in but please do go through the rules & regulations of the forum. Max no. of smileys allowed in a post is 2 & your post above has 3! Unless of course you want an infraction from the mods!
iraghava, thanks..will keep it in mind henceforth.heh heh.inadvertent error.
Old 8th September 2008, 19:52   #595
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I was wondering whr have I seen these pics. Saw them with Akshay.
Real Neat!!
akshay ?! how do you know him...do i know you as well ??
Old 13th September 2008, 12:43   #596
Senior - BHPian

After 6 long months of soul searching & thinking, I finally take the plunge and will be taking the delivery of my Rocky Beige MHawk VLX tomorrow.

The dealer agreed to take in exhange my Delhi Registered car (I am in Mumbai) and started the ball rolling.

After years of driving a Wagon R the TD was slightly shaky but after a few Kms I got the hang of the Truck. The response was excellent even though the TD vehicle was in not too good a shape (the gears were sticky and hard)

I will revert with the photographs in the next few days
Old 13th September 2008, 19:43   #597
Senior - BHPian

after a slow start, seems like a lot are going for the mHawk! in a few days, i have seen many turning in favour of the VLX and VLS, thats good news!
Old 14th September 2008, 10:38   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
After 6 long months of soul searching & thinking, I finally take the plunge and will be taking the delivery of my Rocky Beige MHawk VLX tomorrow.

The dealer agreed to take in exhange my Delhi Registered car (I am in Mumbai) and started the ball rolling.

After years of driving a Wagon R the TD was slightly shaky but after a few Kms I got the hang of the Truck. The response was excellent even though the TD vehicle was in not too good a shape (the gears were sticky and hard)

Hai,

Congrats in deciding to go for it, you'd have miles and miles of pleasure driving the beast.

You need to be prepared for the "moe sticky" shift of the beast, its not one of its strong points. It was a traumatic decision for me to buy the beast after driving the ford fusion for 2+ years, compared to the butter smooth gears of fusion the Scrop's gears are a horror. But overall, the fusion cannot be compared to the beast, it's a different class altogether.

I drive my wife's wagon R on and off, its gears are pretty smooth and effortless compared to the beast, so be prepared mentally to live with the small irritation. When my wife drives the beast, it's an effort for her to manage the gears; it's great news that the AT is coming for those who have difficulty with MT Scorp.

Awaiting your photos.

--Ramky

======
Old 15th September 2008, 10:15   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

Congratulations m upreti. Pls. do post pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
after a slow start, seems like a lot are going for the mHawk! in a few days, i have seen many turning in favour of the VLX and VLS, thats good news!
Its raining mHawk in the forum. But if you search through these pages, photos are very limited. Lets do justice to the thread title & post as many pics as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
this is for my audiophile mates here, a small advice needed:

i have attached the pics of the setup in the accessories section of this forum. kindly advise.
Raj, good question but in the wrong thread. probably to the wrong people as well.
Old 15th September 2008, 15:35   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Its raining mHawk in the forum. But if you search through these pages, photos are very limited. Lets do justice to the thread title & post as many pics as possible.
really man! where are all the pics of the brand new scorpios? let us have a glance buddies!
does anybody know the number of mHawks on this forum now?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks