51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.38%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1227. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 14:02   #1621
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I had invested in Coal India IPO through Sharekhan and had an option of cut-off limit that is Rs.245/- and i had enabled the option. But as Coal India provided a 5% discount i should have got it at Rs.233 right? But my Sharekhan Report shows as Rs.245/- !!! How is that possible?
Coal India shares were allotted to the retail individual investors [RII] @ Rs 232.75 each. For others like HNI @ Rs 245. The rebate was given at the time of allotment. Please check the amount actually deducted from your account [or amount paid minus refund] and divide it by the number of shares allotted. It should be Rs 232.75.

Old 9th November 2010, 14:36   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just a word of caution - I've quite a good number of shared with PGCIL. This one & RIL are the only ones in the power sector in the negative rating. Just a few number of shares on Areva is rocking like mad.
Can you please explain in lay man terms what you mean? I'm thinking of investing and the word on the ground is to expect 20% appreciation. After it was announced that the offer price is Rs90/Share, price has been going up.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:59   #1623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Can you please explain in lay man terms what you mean? I'm thinking of investing and the word on the ground is to expect 20% appreciation. After it was announced that the offer price is Rs90/Share, price has been going up.
I am interested too as i too had plans of investing and was expecting similar returns. Would love to hear why its risky?
Old 9th November 2010, 20:18   #1624
J.Ravi

I don't think PowerGrid shares are risky. It has less than 1 beta value [all Reliance group shares have more than 1], implying less volatility as compared to share market indices. It is a PSU monopoly company vested with national power transmission. The added attraction is like Coal India IPO, the retail individual investors will get the shares allotted at 5% discount, i.e., @ Rs 85.50 each while others like HNI/QIB would get @ Rs 90, assuming that price is fixed at the top end of the band [which is the likely scenerio in view of anticipated oversubscription] as against today's closing rate of Rs 103.75 [BSE] and 103.80 [NSE] signifying an upside of more than 20%. I will be investing in PowerGrid FPO on the last day.

Old 9th November 2010, 22:45   #1625
BHPian

MF Unit transfer from a demat to another demat account?

Is there anyway to transfer mutual fund units from one demat account to another demat account in ICICIDirect?

Please advice.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:10   #1626
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Coal India shares were allotted to the retail individual investors [RII] @ Rs 232.75 each. For others like HNI @ Rs 245. The rebate was given at the time of allotment. Please check the amount actually deducted from your account [or amount paid minus refund] and divide it by the number of shares allotted. It should be Rs 232.75.
You are right. Though my Kotakstreet shows the cost as 245, the amount credited back shows that the actual cost is only 232.75.
Old 11th November 2010, 20:29   #1627
J.Ravi

Just a few minutes back, I applied online for 1105 shares [maximum permissible for retail individual investors (RII)] of PowerGrid FPO by ASBA using my Axis Bank saving account. RII will get the allotment of shares at 5% discount as compared to others like QIB/HNI. My daughters and son will also apply shortly. Tomorrow is the last day for RII.

Old 23rd November 2010, 18:22   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Power grid allotment out with 297/296 shares for 1105.

Which is the cheapest brokerage plan available currently. ICICI, Sharekhan etc have brokerage like .55% .5% etc for delivary. Are there any cheaper plans available?

Please let me know the cheapest one?
Old 24th November 2010, 08:32   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Stockmareket experts,

Is it worthwhile investing in Manganes Ore India Ltd (MOIL). The issue is priced at 340-375/-
What about "Claris Life Sciences"? Issue price between 278-293/-

Kindly suggest/advise.
Old 26th November 2010, 01:28   #1630

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Which is the cheapest brokerage plan available currently. ICICI, Sharekhan etc have brokerage like .55% .5% etc for delivary. Are there any cheaper plans available?

Almost all the brokerage houses will give you a rate of .20 % in you are giving them good volumes. This is for delivery. For intraday, a brokerage of 1 paise or .01 % is available for clients with decent turnover

This is for brokers like sharekhan, religare, indiabulls.

Then there are no frills brokers like rk global and zerodha, who charge much less, but I would not trust them, as they are new in the markets.
Old 26th November 2010, 02:40   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

I sometimes do very regular intraday trades, and have account with Indiabulls, the best things about them are
1). One time account opening fee, not even annual maintenance charges which most brokering houses have,
2). RSA key based logins to least chances of un-authorized orders.
3) Very transparent and I get 3 paisa for intraday and .30p for delivery.

I also use Bonanzaonline, good company, prompt and technical team is just amazing if you need them, brokerage is lesser, but there's a 110/yr. annual charge which is i think SEBI approved on most brokers.

if anyone need to open account in any of two above, post or PM, I've friends in both companies and can arrange free help, or even inquiry, I don't work for them, but i do recommend them when needed as they are very transparent and never had any money issue with these two.
Old 26th November 2010, 11:37   #1632
BANNED

recshenoy मामु,

My brokers, Geojit offer .3% delviery for online business; but per share brokerage per day (when a trade is done is minimum Rs. 20/-)

I think .3 % is standard, Canara bank's brokerage arm SBI's brokerage arm, etc too provide this facility.

Downsides with Geojit:-

They enforce a strict "change-password-every-15-days" policy.

Also, they have only a small number of banks from wich you can transfer money online. (For others, you need to use NEFT, which charged Rs. 6/- per transaction, irrrespective of the amount, and the time taken is about 12 to 24 hours. Add another 24 hours for it to reflect on Geojit's account.

Top gainer and Top losers,Index,NSE, BSE,PER,Volume topper,Circuit breaker,Bulk deal,High / Low,Top performers,Company,Profit/ Loss ,Balance sheet,Quarterly profit,Hang seng, straits times, seoul Composite, Nadaq, DJIA, S&P 500, Nikkei/ FTSE 100

Once you sign on approximately 18293 places and approximately 78 documents (slightly exaggerating the numbers for good effect), and waiting for approx 7 to 10 days, you will online account. Once enabled, you can choose between "flip lite" - web based trading, "flip gold", which is flash based, or "flip", which is a .net based application which you have to download and run from your computer, which obviously has to be Microsoft's Windows based OS. I use first two AND mobile too, and do not recall asking anything specific while opening the account.

BTW, my account is about 4 years old, and was charged 0.6% for call in trading, and slowly, as got the grip of things, now moved to online only 2 months back.

Canarabank's site:-

Welcome to CanMoney

SBI too offers online trading, and IIRC, the brokerage rates are identical.

Edit:- just revisited Canmoney's site - looks like they hiked the brokerage fees.

Edit 2:- no they have not; see

http://geojitbnpparibas.com/Equity/E...er.aspx?id=163

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 26th November 2010 at 11:43.
Old 26th November 2010, 11:58   #1633
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

They enforce a strict "change-password-every-15-days" policy.
I think this is a SEBI rule.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:11   #1634
BANNED

Carboy, somebody else I know sticks to "call to trade" with geojit due to this rule, and does online on ICICI direct. He has accounts with both. (I think wife with one, husband with other).
Old 26th November 2010, 12:53   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I think this is a SEBI rule.
But it is lame/fascinating in the way it is implemented, depending on how you see it. You could use just 2 passwords interchangeably every 15 days. That means you just need to remember 2 passwords instead of thinking of a new one every 15 days

Most Viewed