0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.25%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2010, 09:06   #1696

Re: Do you play the stock market

Thanks to our friend carboy, I have decided not to continue with this topic here. Going back to being a silent spectator.

Thanks for your support, people.
Old 24th December 2010, 10:15   #1697
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaf Petiwala View Post
Thanks to our friend carboy, I have decided not to continue with this topic here.
I am not sure what I did wrong? I haven't told you not to start your tutorial (as a matter of fact, I said I will subscribe to it when you start it). And even if I had said not to start it, there is no reason for you to follow my suggestion!!.

I just did 2 things

1) Requested you to create a separate thread - this will help in 2 ways - will allow people who aren't interested in technical analysis to continue reading this thread. It will also help people who are interested in technical analysis to find all the information in one thread - in this thread it will be interspersed between other stock market topics.

2) I posted some dissenting opinions on Technical Analysis. Any body learning a new thing should always know both sides of the story.

If I have offended you, I am sorry - it's not my intention at all. I would please urge to to do the technical analysis tutorial.
Old 24th December 2010, 12:38   #1698

Not your fault dear, its mine.

I have been trying to give advice where none has been asked of from me.

Usually its the other way around, and I am even paid for it

Free advice is usually either not heeded to or dismissed. This is not the first time I have faced this. Am going back to my domain of charging people obscene amounts of money for my trading systems.
Old 24th December 2010, 13:56   #1699
BHPian

Come on Altaf.

Don't disappoint us. Team bhp is not just about cars its also about the car lovers other passions/interests/needs and all(almost) of them have a space here.

Lets leave the decision for a new thread to the moderators.

Carboy was also helping us.

If you don't like a post just ignore. What do you do to all the lousy drivers who horn from all directions mostly for no reason - Ignore - not stop driving, will you?

I want to go thru ur advices not to make money just for knowledge and to know that there are other ways to earn.

Knowledge is of no use unless shared.

In kannada there is a saying "Vidya dhana shreshta dhana"
and in hindi "Vidya dhaan - shresht dhaan".

Regards
Old 24th December 2010, 18:07   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not your fault dear, its mine.

I have been trying to give advice where none has been asked of from me.

Usually its the other way around, and I am even paid for it

Free advice is usually either not heeded to or dismissed. This is not the first time I have faced this. Am going back to my domain of charging people obscene amounts of money for my trading systems.
Especially in India if something is free, its never valued. I respect your decision. But you may want to reconsider and give us some gyan with initial enthu you had

Or just share some gyan on technical analysis if not trade secrets/ money making tips.

thanks for the initial couple of posts, at least i understood little more about Nifty Future trading which I always used to think "not for me". also thanks for some technical term. I will just study them. Well i might not even make money out of that but knowledge is knowledge IMO
Old 24th December 2010, 18:57   #1701
vsh
BHPian

oh! lot of things happening here. i just could not logon for few days and missed some hot discussions.
trading and investment, two opposite things and have totally opposite rules. both are right in their domain. so please dont compare them. everyone can decide what he wants to do with the market ie invest or trade. market does not force anything.
so ALTAF, please share your knowledge. i am in the traders den and happy too. i know a little bit and have my system too for daytrading. it will be good to hear your opinion about our system of trading. so please carry on.
TO CARBOY- you are a knowledgeable investor and seems have read many books on investment. you can share your knowledge too.
Old 24th December 2010, 22:47   #1702
BANNED

While on the subject of futures, there is a new rule - no longer can we exercise the options midway through the contract - we will always have to wait till the contract expires. (some US vs. European gobbledygook, I do not care the origins of teh rules, just the consequences).

I do not trade in futures or options, just sharing the info I got from my brokers.
Old 24th December 2010, 22:53   #1703

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
While on the subject of futures, there is a new rule - no longer can we exercise the options midway through the contract - we will always have to wait till the contract expires. (some US vs. European gobbledygook, I do not care the origins of teh rules, just the consequences).

I do not trade in futures or options, just sharing the info I got from my brokers.
Dear Friend,

To close out a position in options, you do not have to exercise the option. You can simply sell the option when ever you want, be it 10 minutes after you bought it, or whenever.

Closing an options position means when you have bought a call, expecting the markets to move up, you can sell whenever you want.
Old 24th December 2010, 23:33   #1704
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Altaf,
There are very few people who understand and respect 'trading' as a skill and the rest are more than happy to categorize it as either speculation or luck. Disciplined trading is a science and I personally know couple of guys who make more money in trading than their day-job. Unfortunately, there are not many who are willing to teach this (beyond the basics). So I was delighted when you announced that you are going to share your knowledge in this area.
Request you to start a new thread so that people like me who are genuinely interested can follow you there. If tbhp is not the right audience for this, may be a site like 'traderji' might find you better audience. I would prefer that you continue on tbhp because the entry barrier and active moderators of tbhp ensure that the discussion is purposeful (unlike the thousands of other online communities where any joker can post whatever junk that he can come up with).
Would look forward to you starting the tutorial soon.

Thanks in advance
SDP

Last edited by SDP : 24th December 2010 at 23:35.
Old 25th December 2010, 11:41   #1705

C'mmon Altaf please do start this, eagerly waiting for some lessons on this from you
Old 25th December 2010, 15:02   #1706

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanshughia View Post
C'mmon Altaf please do start this, eagerly waiting for some lessons on this from you

I have put up a request for a new thread under shifting gears. Since my posts are moderated, I have not been able to start immediately. The new thread will be reflected when the moderators approve my request for new thread. Its titled Technical Analysis, and I have requested to start it under shifting gears.
Old 26th December 2010, 14:52   #1707

Just a small example of what can be achieved in technical analysis.

Nifty requires a margin of about 600 points.
The trade here shows a profit of 300 points in less than a weeks time. Thats a 50 % return on investment, when the market was devastating the followers of warren buffet. Now the next trade makes another 150 points in the next 3 days, making about 20 % more. All the while investors were licking their wounds.

Old 26th December 2010, 15:17   #1708
BANNED

Thanks for continuing; please do. We are watching.
Old 26th December 2010, 22:31   #1709

Success at last

Sorry I was not aware of how to post pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Do you play the stock market-part1.png  

Old 26th December 2010, 23:59   #1710
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Just a small example of what can be achieved in technical analysis.

Nifty requires a margin of about 600 points.
The trade here shows a profit of 300 points in less than a weeks time. Thats a 50 % return on investment, when the market was devastating the followers of warren buffet. Now the next trade makes another 150 points in the next 3 days, making about 20 % more. All the while investors were licking their wounds.
First of all, I think you should avoid the gratuitous jabs.
Second of all, if you think a falling market devastates people who invest rather than trade, you do not understand the first thing about investing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks