0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.25%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 17:26   #196
Senior - BHPian

damn..Missed it. Would have loved to see the look on Udayan Mukherjee's face today on CNBC.
Old 21st January 2008, 17:28   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was it the Rel Power IPO effect ?
Possible, if Reliance Power opens at the rate Anil is sayng, then he will be the richest man in the world. Wheras if the sentiment of the market is down, the IPO cannot open at the rate Anil is qouting, so Anil's biggest competitor( we all know who) is doing punter giri.
Old 21st January 2008, 17:35   #198
BHPian

Quote:
damn..Missed it. Would have loved to see the look on Udayan Mukherjee's face today on CNBC.
I guess he was same as ever. He had been warning about this run up in prices and multiple increase in prices of small caps and mid caps.
Old 21st January 2008, 17:40   #199
BHPian

Weak global markets, US recession fears, FIIs selling their stake.

You cant predict the market based on what the conditions are in India anymore.
Old 21st January 2008, 18:24   #200
BHPian

Speculations !!

Whoa !

That was fun reading someone speculating a fierce rival (of ADAG) taking down the market. I don't know the truth but my HDIL came down from 1400 of last Wednesday to 900 of today. I am still in profits but wth...

W.R.T. 18K, my broker said that if the market goes up today, it goes up for good; Or else it will droop down to 18000. He wasn't wrong/far away from the truth.
Old 21st January 2008, 18:27   #201
BHPian

On the other hand, I feel that the perfect time to accumulate stocks at a low price is coming soon. I will wait till Feb first week and then go for it.

It can't get any better than this. This is going to be there for good. Recession fears, while they are genuine; in my opinion, they are overrated as well. US economy has to bounce back in a couple of years and we are just laying the foundation of the same around about now.
Old 21st January 2008, 18:50   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I entered the market (RelCap) at levels of 2100. Now it is down. Should have waited for some time. My mistake.
Not to worry !

I bought this yesterday at 2303 . I will add some more if it goes down further. I am waiting for quarterly result which will be out on 24/01.

Reliance Capital is a flagship company of R-ADAG with business interest in Mutual fund, Insurance, Asset management, Stock Broking, Private Equity, Consumer finance etc. In short, It is sort of financial multiplex. Just look at what Anil Ambani is doing with Reliance Energy - unlocking value by listing Reliance power.

It is only a matter of time before he will start unlocking value in Reliance Capital. If one is patient and can hold/buy this stock, I am sure this will give excellent return in the future.
Old 21st January 2008, 19:49   #203
Team-BHP Support

Just a thought, what if the sensex tanks 1500 points every day for the next five days.
Old 21st January 2008, 19:50   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post

W.R.T. 18K, my broker said that if the market goes up today, it goes up for good; Or else it will droop down to 18000. He wasn't wrong/far away from the truth.
have you seen the daily fortunes in newspaper, one way or the other, they always seem to be true.
Old 21st January 2008, 20:12   #205
BHPian

Those who bought at higher levels should show some patience now for few months at-least if not few yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Just a thought, what if the sensex tanks 1500 points every day for the next five days.

lol but this will not happen.PC wont let it happen.

BTW i was expecting it for the last few months and it did happen though bit late.Market was going only one way rather steep especially for the last 12-15months.
Last yr around same time someone advised me to invest in MFs but i declined saying that market is too high.It was around 14000 that time.
Old 21st January 2008, 20:27   #206
Senior - BHPian

Stopped trading a few days back - Had this ' gut ' feeling that market was going to crash around the time this REL POWER IPO came out !!! It happened !!! I got out a few days back selling everything at its highest. Still holding ITC, DISH TV, TATA TELE.

I have been in the stock market since the last 6 yrs trading every now and then. PLEASE stay away for some time. Do not get tempted with the low prices. ALSO DO NOT PANIC.

It will recover BUT very unpredictable at the moment.

Start booking your profits if you can else wait for some time.

Tommorrow is looking not so good. Will update this section
Old 21st January 2008, 22:24   #207
BHPian

I did Profit booking few days back and invested in both the IPO ( FCH and REL Power)

But still suffered 50 k loss ( not Booked yet )

The Bad news is still there is more down side in short to medium term although market may recover short term it is expected to see 16000 sensex 4200 nifty level
so just my advice is dont go for major buying spree at this level as a better chance for that will be there in coming weeks

this is just my opinion and what I will be doing

Jatinder Singh
Old 22nd January 2008, 00:38   #208
Team-BHP Support

4200-4400 is very very very strong support according to technicals. Hope that does not get breached.

I am currently at loss(not booked)
Looks like I have to stay in market for another 3-4 months.
Have stocks like XL telecom/ICSA etc., and am being toasted
Old 22nd January 2008, 01:34   #209
BHPian

man I wish I had some look cash with me...just invested every penny last month for my tax planning...life s#cks man...
Old 22nd January 2008, 06:24   #210
BHPian

I wonder why everyone looks at BSE being THE Stock Exchange when we have a better, cleaner, more robust & efficient infrastructure in NSE where trade volume are at least 3 times higher any day. BSE's best days are back in the past, not any more & sensex doesn't matter to me at all; brutally honestly.

Looking at this see-saw ride, I still believe in India's growth theory, but not without a pinch of salt and pepper. One has to reason the growth of a company before investing in them. For example, Rel Power and RNRL don't have any productive assets. Still people are hyping them just because of the tag called AMBANI. Bull ****. Not worth a single penny. How can someone remain invest in a company which has only gas distribution agreement, that too of not its own resources (RNRL); or for that matter Power which can only go live in 2010. Huh!! I smell Punters.

Comparatively Tata Power still has power generation capacity of 3500+ MW and NTPC 27000+ MW. If Reliance Power is 400+, shouldn't NTPC trade like ONGC, L&T, BHEL, etc. And if I believe their statements, they are looking to increase their capacity to around 50000+ by 2012. Compare that with 1500 odd MW Rel Power will produce. And the joke become even bigger. I pity those invested in overvalued Reliance shares (Especially ADAG).

One more piece of my mind - Don't rush for Gujarat based / named companies blindfoldedly. They may be good, but you must have reasons to invest, not just for name but for company's ideaology and vision and capacity to carry out that vision.

(Disclaimer - The only stock I hold of Reliance is RPL {at a high level, stuck with them :(, but no regrets}. I bought that when I had very little experience of Share Market and its functioning. But I guess educating myself about these inside details was the best invest I have made of my time.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks