Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2012, 23:55   #2086
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Bomi
Hi.
Cairn is going nowhere inspite of the market being good.If anything it is losing ground.
Hope the things turn for the better.
Patience is the key in the stock market.Just hope that it is not misplaced.
Regards
The issue is with the new promoters. They are not so investor friendly, compared to the previous promoter group. So time can only say, where this will go.
Old 20th December 2012, 21:18   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The issue is with the new promoters. They are not so investor friendly, compared to the previous promoter group. So time can only say, where this will go.
JMaruru
Hi.
Very true about the promoter group.Even Bomi said the same thing.
In hindsight this scrip has not done well.
I wish our foresight was as good as our hindsight.
Regards
PS:Today I added TCS.They have paid more as advance tax.
Old 25th December 2012, 11:36   #2088

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Is it what it is ?

Hi Guys
Was idling away yesterday eveing in office reading ET, rarely I do, as my grey cells were working ovetime. Guess what, when I see the first page, my head goes bonkers.

First image on the sheet tells everything what is happening in India currently, no matter how much you try hard, you are going nowhere.

Btw, this is the image I was talking about.

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/.../Pc0011700.jpg

If anyone in the stock market field knows about charts, what I could see it that we have formed a H-S pattern on India's GDP. Correct me if I a wrong.

More info on H-S pattern can be found at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_an...(chart_pattern)

Do you guys see what I see in here ? Need to learn more on charts though !

Peace
Lets hope you are right, and we see a good bear run. Thats whats needed to pep things up, as movement has been severely restricted for intraday traders, and traders run the risk of dying of boredom rather than trading losses.

Once the markets start to go through a deep and fast correction, the action would begin again.

Let the good times roll!
Old 31st December 2012, 10:46   #2089
BHPian

I want to invest 50k for my son who has turned 1 yesterday. This amount is not the sole savings for him,I have other long term investments for him,hence I am open to investing in equity.
Can you plz suggest any good stock in which I can invest and forget for about 10-15yrs. I dont have any specific aim of utilising this money. I'll withdraw maybe 10-15-20 yrs down the line if I feel the money has grown considerably.
Old 31st December 2012, 10:57   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I want to invest 50k for my son who has turned 1 yesterday. This amount is not the sole savings for him,I have other long term investments for him,hence I am open to investing in equity.
Can you plz suggest any good stock in which I can invest and forget for about 10-15yrs. I dont have any specific aim of utilising this money. I'll withdraw maybe 10-15-20 yrs down the line if I feel the money has grown considerably.
Inder,

Good move to start investing for your kid in equity!

Unless you are active and understand/track markets, I would suggest going the mutual fund way, and investing the 50K in 5 months (10K each month spread out). You can choose any good equity diversified mutual fund OR might even suggest a balanced fund.. Look at the 5* rated funds from ValueResearchonline.com.

Why mutual funds? My logic is simple.. If you dont know how to drive, you hire a driver. Mutual funds are your drivers in the investment journey!

Best luck!
Equus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaf Petiwala View Post
Lets hope you are right, and we see a good bear run. Thats whats needed to pep things up, as movement has been severely restricted for intraday traders, and traders run the risk of dying of boredom rather than trading losses.

Once the markets start to go through a deep and fast correction, the action would begin again.

Let the good times roll!
We are in a long term (10+ yrs) bull market. I am not aware of any asset class that can deliver post-tax return of 15-18%.

No need to worry about up's and down's along the way as its all part of life.
Stay invested, and invest regularly (SIP is best). Discipline, patience and regular investment/review will get you home like no other!

Last edited by GTO : 7th January 2013 at 13:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 31st December 2012, 19:31   #2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
We are in a long term (10+ yrs) bull market. I am not aware of any asset class that can deliver post-tax return of 15-18%.

No need to worry about up's and down's along the way as its all part of life.
Stay invested, and invest regularly (SIP is best). Discipline, patience and regular investment/review will get you home like no other!
Who said I was worried about the ups and downs. I was waiting for a big bear move, to kick start volatility intraday, which has reduced considerably.

SIP is for people who dont have the time to track markets. I am a full time trader, and trade only intraday. As for the returns mentioned by you, I know people who make that kind of return per month. No jokes and no offence to anyone.
Old 1st January 2013, 11:47   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
I am a full time trader, and trade only intraday. As for the returns mentioned by you, I know people who make that kind of return per month. No jokes and no offence to anyone.
Altaf, been following this thread for many many months, hoping you would start your classes on this or on a fresh thread.. hopefully we will get to see this happening in 2013. I am sure there are many on the forum who would love to learn that side of investing too...

Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers
Anand
Old 1st January 2013, 12:35   #2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_saraf View Post
Altaf, been following this thread for many many months, hoping you would start your classes on this or on a fresh thread.. hopefully we will get to see this happening in 2013. I am sure there are many on the forum who would love to learn that side of investing too...

Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers
Anand
A Very Happy New Year to all here on this forum.

Frankly, Anand, I found the views of people on this forum bent towards the investment side, which is something I cannot do even if my life depended on it.

I am a speculator, and take positions that last from 10 minutes to a few hours and never carry my positions overnight.

I trade only Nifty Futures, and frankly, dont even know what the price of Reliance Industries is. No offence to Mukesh Bhai

The people here have jobs and businesses that are paying their bills, and cant do what I say, as it involves sitting in front of the trading terminal for the whole day.

Also, I have seen that advice given away freely is not appreciated, and in fact, many times questioned, since you are talking to a wide spectrum of people who have different views.

Its not a group that you have put together who want to work with you, in a way you would guide them to.

I hope you understand.
Old 1st January 2013, 12:42   #2094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who said I was worried about the ups and downs. I was waiting for a big bear move, to kick start volatility intraday, which has reduced considerably.

SIP is for people who dont have the time to track markets. I am a full time trader, and trade only intraday. As for the returns mentioned by you, I know people who make that kind of return per month. No jokes and no offence to anyone.
Amen!!

Yes I meant the larger community of us who dont have time or dont understand or dont want to..

You should be more forthcoming with your holdings/transactions
How about 5 stocks to buy this week for 12 - 15 month holding?
Old 1st January 2013, 13:46   #2095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Amen!!

Yes I meant the larger community of us who dont have time or dont understand or dont want to..

You should be more forthcoming with your holdings/transactions
How about 5 stocks to buy this week for 12 - 15 month holding?
My dear friend, I trade only Nifty Futures, and my holding period is between 10 minutes to 3 hours at the maximum
Old 1st January 2013, 14:39   #2096
Team-BHP Support

Since we are an automobile forum, these are my stock picks from the auto sector -

Bajaj Auto
M&M
Hero Moto Corp
Castrol India
Exide Industries
Eicher Motors
Amara Raja Batteries
Tube Investments
Balkrishna Industries
Cummins India

All the above companies are good investments for relatively long term (3 years+) investors.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 16:30   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
A Very Happy New Year to all here on this forum.

Frankly, Anand, I found the views of people on this forum bent towards the investment side, which is something I cannot do even if my life depended on it.

I am a speculator, and take positions that last from 10 minutes to a few hours and never carry my positions overnight.

I trade only Nifty Futures, and frankly, dont even know what the price of Reliance Industries is. No offence to Mukesh Bhai

The people here have jobs and businesses that are paying their bills, and cant do what I say, as it involves sitting in front of the trading terminal for the whole day.

Also, I have seen that advice given away freely is not appreciated, and in fact, many times questioned, since you are talking to a wide spectrum of people who have different views.

Its not a group that you have put together who want to work with you, in a way you would guide them to.

I hope you understand.
Yes, that's true. Even I myself have a day-job that I can't really get away from to watch the terminal.. maybe one of these days when I quit and have more time on my hand, then will try to learn it. Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2013, 16:33   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me what's short delivery?

I bought 200 shares yesterday and in an hour sold them off for a small profit. Today I have an email from my securities trading account & it says:

Quote:
We would like to remind you that we have still not received the below mentioned shares for pay-in.
The pay-in for these shares, sold by you on 01/01/2013 on exchange (NSE/BSE) is due on 04/01/2013. Kindly arrange to transfer the shares on or before 10.50 am on 04/01/2013,as failure to deliver the
Same would result in market auction and any related charges will have to be borne by you.
The shares were bought & sold on Jan 2 and not Jan 1 as mentioned in the email. What is expected of me here?
Old 5th January 2013, 00:38   #2099
BHPian

Amit
Hi
Seems there is a mixup in your case.
You mentioned that you traded on the 2nd whereas the intimation says it is a trade of 1st.Logically this message should have been for somebody else and not for you.Please call up your broker and clarify.
On NSE and BSE you can view your trades.The reference number is what the broker has mentioned.I am afraid I dont know more about how to navigate as I have never tried to see my trade.
Regards
Old 5th January 2013, 01:59   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Since we are an automobile forum, these are my stock picks from the auto sector -

Bajaj Auto
M&M
Hero Moto Corp
Castrol India
Exide Industries
Eicher Motors
Amara Raja Batteries
Tube Investments
Balkrishna Industries
Cummins India

All the above companies are good investments for relatively long term (3 years+) investors.
How about Bosch and Motherson Sumi? Bosch has been on automobile components for many a years and have been growing their topline n bottomline consistently.

Most Viewed