51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 10:15   #2941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post

Anyways, how do you come to know about these companies in special situations, any specific tools being used, subscriptions or a purely long list in your watchlist that has been gathered over the years?
No specific tools.I follow what the big investors are buying and at what price. QIP, promoter purchases. News about upcoming splits, capacity addition, acquisition. Various brokerage /analyst reports. Portfolios of my favourite small /mid cap fund managers.

Ultimately it shoes up in a watch list and an opportunity pops up from time to time for a positional trade.
Old 16th July 2015, 14:35   #2942
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
Congrats, you own a multibagger there! Reading about the company, it looks pretty impressive. It has backing of Crompton Greaves and another Japanese and an US company. Plus, it seems to have many tier-1 clients and is based out of auto hub of Chennai. And the profits are growing up significantly, balance sheet increasing, cash flow is positive! From my limited understanding of financial interpretation, I find it impressive enough.

Thanks for mentioning this company name, I have got something to research heavily over the weekend.
The challenge is to figure out how far the stock will go. 1000? 2000? more?
Old 16th July 2015, 17:26   #2943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The challenge is to figure out how far the stock will go. 1000? 2000? more?
Ideally (if one is a day-trader) one should set a limit price and a stop-loss price based on one's risk appetite and view of the stock's movement, preferably every day. Not try to guess when a stock would peak.
Old 17th July 2015, 14:03   #2944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Ideally (if one is a day-trader) one should set a limit price and a stop-loss price based on one's risk appetite and view of the stock's movement, preferably every day. Not try to guess when a stock would peak.
Well, this is just contrary to what I would want to do.
If I am confident of the fundamentals of the company, I would not bother to look at it for months together.

The challenge is still to figure out how high the stock price goes. There will some level beyond which progress will slow down to such an extent that you could just book profit and put your money on another company.
Old 17th July 2015, 15:45   #2945
BHPian

Just to bring to notice about this stock i invested in in 2013. Look at it today!

Return of Investment Anyone?

Do you play the stock market-indocount.jpg
Old 19th July 2015, 00:20   #2946
BHPian

What do you guys think about Titagarh Wagons? They recent bagged a 1000 cr govt project for the Indian Military, HDFC MF bought shares worth of 100 cr etc.

Is it worth investing in it for 6 - 18 months?
Old 19th July 2015, 08:24   #2947
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

I am thinking of gettting into stocks, focusing on delivery trades but with short time horizons.

I will be grateful if you can suggest me some popular trading, bank, and demat account service providers. I am basically looking for these services from a single service provider with seamless integration. The requirements are cost effective brokerage and other charges, good service, reliability and must be trustable entities.

Thank you.
Old 19th July 2015, 11:38   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Dear BHPians,

I am thinking of gettting into stocks, focusing on delivery trades but with short time horizons.

I will be grateful if you can suggest me some popular trading, bank, and demat account service providers. I am basically looking for these services from a single service provider with seamless integration. The requirements are cost effective brokerage and other charges, good service, reliability and must be trustable entities.

Thank you.
If you are looking at providers who cater to all your requirements it is hard to find a suitable one,because if one brokerage gives you competitive brokerage, they may not have banking services to offer.Almost all banks have brokerage divisions but they don't offer good brokerage structures because they don't see it as a major revenue source.HDFC ,ICICI are major players in these bracket,but I would suggest opening an account with a devoted stock broking company, who provides more value based services and low brokerage rates.
Old 19th July 2015, 16:20   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
If you are looking at providers who cater to all your requirements it is hard to find a suitable one,because if one brokerage gives you competitive brokerage, they may not have banking services to offer.Almost all banks have brokerage divisions but they don't offer good brokerage structures because they don't see it as a major revenue source.HDFC ,ICICI are major players in these bracket,but I would suggest opening an account with a devoted stock broking company, who provides more value based services and low brokerage rates.
Thanks vindrider2626.

Agree with you it makes sense to go in for a devoted stock broking company, for better service and cost effectiveness. Will such a company also provide a in-house demat account? Also, can I use any of my existing bank account or only the ones approved by the broker?

On a quick scan of the brokerage landscape, I found too many of them. It is overwhelming to check on the fees and reputation of the different players. Can I consider players like SMC Online, Sharekhan, Zerodha, etc. Zerodha seems to have a good name.

What are BHPians opinion of various dedicated stock broking companies?

I used to invest through ICICI Direct, but that was a long time ago. I am looking forward to doing delivery-based trades in equity in NSE/BSE for short durations, i.e., 1-3 months.
Old 19th July 2015, 19:18   #2950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Ideally (if one is a day-trader) [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
[...]I would not bother to look at it for months together.
That advice was to day traders. You, by your own admission, aren't one. :-)
Old 20th July 2015, 12:59   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Thanks vindrider2626.

Agree with you it makes sense to go in for a devoted stock broking company, for better service and cost effectiveness. Will such a company also provide a in-house demat account? Also, can I use any of my existing bank account or only the ones approved by the broker?

On a quick scan of the brokerage landscape, I found too many of them. It is overwhelming to check on the fees and reputation of the different players. Can I consider players like SMC Online, Sharekhan, Zerodha, etc. Zerodha seems to have a good name.

What are BHPians opinion of various dedicated stock broking companies?

I used to invest through ICICI Direct, but that was a long time ago. I am looking forward to doing delivery-based trades in equity in NSE/BSE for short durations, i.e., 1-3 months.
Almost all bank accounts can be linked to your broking account and in the case of demat accounts they have tie up mostly with, CDSL and NSDL.ZERODHA is good for active traders since it is a discount brokerage, where you need to pay only rs 20 for an order irrespective of the order qty .As you are going to be a long term investor, it makes sense to go for a brokerage firm who has a good research wing, who can guide you in taking long term calls on a company. Happy Investing and you chose right to be in equities, because no one can shun them and have to allot at least a part of their savings in them.
Old 21st July 2015, 10:58   #2952
BHPian

About end of April I had invested in about 30 stocks (No particular methodology in selecting these. More of going through few charts/Suggestions, etc) with the aim of being invested in these till year end. About 17 of them have given good returns in the little over 2.5 months now. Attaching a snapshot below.
Do you play the stock market-portfolio.jpg

Disclaimer : I am not Stock Market expert and am not suggesting anyone to invest in these. This is what I have invested in

Last edited by malgudi : 21st July 2015 at 11:00.
Old 21st July 2015, 17:53   #2953
BHPian

I am also exploring cheaper options (as compered to ICICI Securities, where i have pay 0.6% for delivery based trades).

Have talked to LKP, if one pays Rs.10,000 advance, the brokerage will be 0.1% (else it will be 0.2%). In case of Yes Bank, one needs to pay Rs.25,000 advance for a brokerage rate of 0.25% (else it will be 0.45%).

Not sure if LKP is safe. Will continue to explore further.
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:01   #2954
BHPian

Anyone here have experience with SMC Online, especially w.r.t. investing?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:45   #2955
Distinguished - BHPian

ICICI Direct also has alternate brokerage plans ranging from .12% upwards in slabs, in case of prepaid brokerage. The brokerage balance is valid for 15 years or till consumed. I just shifted to this. Check prepaid plans here http://content.icicidirect.com/newsi...me/Pricing.asp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks