Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 16:29   #3046
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
SBI 50 @ 221.15
Ravi Sir,

I got SBI @220. But I guess there is more bleeding yet to happen. Analysts predicted 22k for Sensex and we are already in 24K range now.
Old 7th September 2015, 16:32   #3047
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
But I guess there is more bleeding yet to happen.
More bleeding means adding more blue chips to my portfolio, reducing the average cost!

Old 9th September 2015, 01:41   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Dear Amazing,
I hope you are an 'investor' not 'speculator'. If you are the former, just sit tight. But if you are the latter sell out. Once you sell out just read ' The Intelligent Investor ' by Benjamin Graham twice before re entering stock market. Sometimes in life the only thing you need to do is do 'NOTHING'.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
The Rationalist.
Hi.
That is what I am doing
Some scrips, like Tata Motors that I have posted about in my earlier post, is a great buy,at least to me. But will wait. As per an article in the Ecomomic Times the derivatives signal some more downside but things may change within no time.
On 7/9/2015 Shankar Dayal was pretty pessimistic about the immediate future. Incidentally he was not at all bullish on Tata Motors.
A few days back somebody else mentioned that during Lehman crisis it was a bank failed but if a country like China has problems that can lead to a bigger problem
Que sera sera the future is not ours to see.
Regards
Old 21st September 2015, 15:03   #3049
BHPian

Recent update on motherson sumi:

Motherson Sumi shares fell as much as 5.3 per cent to hit an intraday low of Rs 268.75 after the auto component maker's biggest client Volkswagen admitted to fudging emission norms for diesel cars in the US.

Volkswagen has stopped selling diesel cars in the US with immediate effect and the German carmaker can face a potential fine of $18 billion, according to a Reuters report that quoted the US Environmental Protection Agency.*

Of Motherson Sumi's revenue pie, 40 per cent comes from the Volkswagen group, making it the largest client for the Noida-based company. Out of this 10 per cent revenues come from the US market.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:31   #3050
J.Ravi

Bought Coal India 50 @ 323 just a few minutes back.

Old 29th September 2015, 18:04   #3051
BHPian

Any reason behind your coal India buy or just that the PE looks cheap ?
Old 29th September 2015, 18:14   #3052
Distinguished - BHPian

MSIL showing a surge of positive sentiment. Had grown 300+ in few months
Old 29th September 2015, 18:20   #3053
BHPian

[quote=faustus77;3797736]The Rationalist.
Hi.
That is what I am doing
Some scrips, like Tata Motors that I have posted about in my earlier post, is a great buy,at least to me. But will wait. As per an article in the Ecomomic Times the derivatives signal some more downside but things may change within no time.

Profitability of Tata Motors is hugely dependent on JLR operations,mostly from China. Due to economic problems in China,of late sales have dropped drastically. Locally,Nano is still not doing well. Zest and Bolt are facing stiff competition. So,better to be careful while adding more of the stock in your portfolio, on price dips.
Old 1st October 2015, 14:57   #3054
BHPian

Sorry to butt in, but has anyone here looked at Dlink India, a reputed MNC with 55% Market share and good brand recall trading at a Market Cap of around 600 Cr. The share price was around Rs. 20 sometime last year and has gone upto Rs. 235 and corrected again to 160 levels.

Disc: Invested at around Rs.140/- last year.
Old 7th October 2015, 01:17   #3055
BHPian

[quote=TOINGPOING;3814146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
The Rationalist.
Hi.
That is what I am doing

Profitability of Tata Motors is hugely dependent on JLR operations,mostly from China. Due to economic problems in China,of late sales have dropped drastically. Locally,Nano is still not doing well. Zest and Bolt are facing stiff competition. So,better to be careful while adding more of the stock in your portfolio, on price dips.
Toingpoing
Hi
Agree with your point but the downside would not be much.
I bought Tata Motors DVR on 29/9/15 and the September figures were a pleasant surprise.
Today (6/10/15) it was the best performing Nifty stock
Regards
Old 7th October 2015, 11:40   #3056
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what is 'wrong' with Dishman Pharma?
One analyst and another friend (the person who had recommended Dishman to me) both asked to to exit one month ago. I did not.
The stock has kept moving up sharply after that (46% up in one month). I am still invested.
Old 18th October 2015, 12:51   #3057
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys need your suggestions - Is it a good idea to invest in spicejet tomorrow at around 43-45? Looking for some short term gains and will dispose it within a short period of time. Looking to buy around 200 shares casually since I hear it is going to shoot up due to Indigo effect. Am I doing the right thing or should I drop this idea?

Apart from that, shooting at Indigo too, which is by far the most anticipated IPO by many..
Old 18th October 2015, 15:25   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Does anyone know what is 'wrong' with Dishman Pharma?
One analyst and another friend (the person who had recommended Dishman to me) both asked to to exit one month ago. I did not.
The stock has kept moving up sharply after that (46% up in one month). I am still invested.
Pharma is doing well as a whole, 46% up in one month should be indication that its doing very well. From a cursory look at it nothing looks inherently bad. I'd ignore the analyst/friend
Old 18th October 2015, 15:35   #3059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guys need your suggestions - Is it a good idea to invest in spicejet tomorrow at around 43-45? Looking for some short term gains and will dispose it within a short period of time. Looking to buy around 200 shares casually since I hear it is going to shoot up due to Indigo effect. Am I doing the right thing or should I drop this idea?

Apart from that, shooting at Indigo too, which is by far the most anticipated IPO by many..
I read that there are only two profit making airlines in India - Indigo & Go Air. By that standard, I personally wouldn't invest in Spicejet.
Old 18th October 2015, 15:46   #3060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I read that there are only two profit making airlines in India - Indigo & Go Air. By that standard, I personally wouldn't invest in Spicejet.
Yes I am aware of that. But looking at the performance of Spicejet, and many people saying that it would spike under the effect of Indigos hefty price tag, I thought of casually putting down some money on SJ (200 shares = ~ 9k) and trying my luck. Not planning to hold it for a long time, maybe would sell it if it crosses 55 or so. Just dont want it to tumble down severely. Afterall, its a small risk I am taking. So just wanted to get some suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks