76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 22:12   #3766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Hi VindyWheels,

Not sure if you still hang around.
Quoting an old post here about Igarashi. Attaching a report that I found about the merger. Igarashi Motors Ltd - All Gain No Pain.pdf

I have held on from 160 levels (though I had just 30 shares).
I am not able to understand how many bonus shares will I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi Faustus,

Yes agree with you, it is quite tricky these delisting programs. So you tendered your shares in the open offer and they did not accept it? In Igarashi's case though promoter stake is only 53%, the MD who does not fall under promoter, has 30% stake. So if he joins with the promoters they would have 80%. But why would he give up his stake so easily? He is the one who grew this to company to current levels. The FY15 annual report is quite optimistic compared to previous ones. Let them make the open offer, will see that time.
Old 31st July 2017, 08:40   #3767
BHPian

Hi SUN,

A quick calculation shows you will get 2 additional shares. Yes, the management follows excellent corporate governance standards. I had met them 3 years back and saw their factory too.

If you are somebody who looks at business potential beyond 5 years, you need to consider the "disruption" that electric cars can cause to Igarashi's main business. Hopefully, the management will develop new lines of business, but that won't be easy.

The stock has given good returns from 159 in Mar 2014 to 1015 now. Valuations look a bit stretched. But then that is the case with most stocks nowadays.

Cheers

VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hi VindyWheels,

Not sure if you still hang around.
Quoting an old post here about Igarashi. Attaching a report that I found about the merger. Attachment 1662398

I have held on from 160 levels (though I had just 30 shares).
I am not able to understand how many bonus shares will I get.
Old 31st July 2017, 14:12   #3768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi SUN,

A quick calculation shows you will get 2 additional shares. Yes, the management follows excellent corporate governance standards. I had met them 3 years back and saw their factory too.

If you are somebody who looks at business potential beyond 5 years, you need to consider the "disruption" that electric cars can cause to Igarashi's main business. Hopefully, the management will develop new lines of business, but that won't be easy.

The stock has given good returns from 159 in Mar 2014 to 1015 now. Valuations look a bit stretched. But then that is the case with most stocks nowadays.

Cheers

VW
Thank you.
I plan to exit from this, as part of consolidating my portfolio. I have too many such small positions which I want to get rid of.

Are you saying I will get 2 extra shares only? So, that takes the total from 30 to 32.
I will then sell off once the extra shares are allocated to me.
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:25   #3769
Senior - BHPian

Applied for cochin shipyard IPO.

When it's allotment will be declared?
Old 3rd August 2017, 01:26   #3770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Applied for cochin shipyard IPO.

When it's allotment will be declared?

On August 8th. Entry to secondary market on August 11th.

http://www.chittorgarh.com/ipo/cochin-shipyard-ipo/684/
Old 7th August 2017, 09:52   #3771
BHPian

What are your opinions about the recent downtrend in the pharma space? Especially scrips like Sun pharma, Alembic and torrent pharma. I think it's a good buying opportunity for the long term.
Old 7th August 2017, 10:07   #3772
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk016 View Post
What are your opinions about the recent downtrend in the pharma space? Especially scrips like Sun pharma, Alembic and torrent pharma. I think it's a good buying opportunity for the long term.
You can buy Sun Pharma & Torrent Pharma, but accumulate the stock over time rather than making a large one time investment. Be prepared for short term price under performance but you will be rewarded with long term outsized gains.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 11:47   #3773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
You can buy Sun Pharma & Torrent Pharma, but accumulate the stock over time rather than making a large one time investment. Be prepared for short term price under performance but you will be rewarded with long term outsized gains.
I'm really confused and conflicted over this. I feel right time to add a bit of Sun Pharma but lot of conflicting inputs around. Some more experienced folks advising to wait a bit longer or avoid altogether. Torn about what to do.
Old 7th August 2017, 13:51   #3774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
I'm really confused and conflicted over this. I feel right time to add a bit of Sun Pharma but lot of conflicting inputs around. Some more experienced folks advising to wait a bit longer or avoid altogether. Torn about what to do.
Sun is the largest pharma company in India with annual sales of some 30k crores and there is huge potential for generics in emerging economies, however sun, along with a number of it's Indian peers, are heavily dependent on the American market where the FDA keeps handing out 'observations' (read- disapproval) on their plants. Their ability to grow will depend on how successful they are in other markets.
In addition, the value of a pharma company depends on the extent of their manufacturing of API or active pharmaceutical ingredients, which is the key component in any drug. This should also be a factor in picking pharma stocks.
I believe both IT and pharma will be slogging it out in the lower divisions for sometime. But the former, any day, has brighter prospects.
P.s. I think it's a great opportunity to do some bottom fishing on sun. Be prepared to hold your position for sometime though.
Old 7th August 2017, 15:53   #3775
BANNED

I am now switching from some stocks, never properly managed by me, to a PMS from Motilal Oswal. Their profile is what I have liked.
Old 7th August 2017, 16:41   #3776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am now switching from some stocks, never properly managed by me, to a PMS from Motilal Oswal. Their profile is what I have liked.
Hello Sir,
Please share the charges that Motilal Oswal is asking for the PMS services. Do they share the past performance of any given portfolio? Is there a minimum portfolio value that they are demanding?
Do you have to give them power of attorney for handling your portfolio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Hi Parth,
Depends on what you would like to do with Sun Pharma. If you are looking purely at the price, I have no inputs. If you want to invest basis fundamentals of the company for the long term, it is a good buy. The ROCE is solid, MC/Sales is low, MC/Operating profit is also reasonable. No matter what kind of expert you ask, he/she will never be able to predict the absolute bottom/top consistently. Ray Dalio did an interesting research on various predictions by various experts and came out with a finding that on an average, their accuracy was slightly less than 50%. Theoretically we are better off flipping a coin instead of asking the experts
Considering the management track record, hope they will sort out the USFDA issues soon enough. This is the only aspect that will be under my constant observation.
Old 7th August 2017, 20:00   #3777
Senior - BHPian

I am eyeing Ginni Filaments and Torrent power for long term (1+ year) horizon.

Recommendation for these stocks to be included in the portfolio?
Old 8th August 2017, 15:11   #3778
BHPian

Very Recently have I and my wife have put our hands into stocks. My wife has some idea about stocks but not much a risk taker. I have allocated a certain amount of money for taking some calculated risks on the stock market. In recent weeks , we have gone on to Purchase ITC, ONGC, Centrum & Dr. Reddys. Tata Motors is one which my wife has bought a while back and shows no signs of recovering soon. But Still holding on to it. The quantum of each shares is minuscule.

I would love to have some tips from the experts for a beginner like me.
Old 8th August 2017, 16:15   #3779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post

I would love to have some tips from the experts for a beginner like me.
My tip for you would be - avoid investing on tips!

Though I am not an expert so it may not count ☺️
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 16:17   #3780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
My tip for you would be - avoid investing on tips!

Though I am not an expert so it may not count ☺️
Tips as in learning tips and not stock tips.

Basically, what things to look at and what are the indicators for good stocks and all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks