0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.27%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 549 44.74%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.38%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1227. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:10   #3826
BHPian

Re: Amara Raja batteries - what's ailing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Anybody following Amara Raja batteries? It has fallen nearly 1/3rd from its peak in the last 12 months. Any thoughts?
I have invested in Amara Raja. Based on the few observations from their annual report 2017, looks like momentum will continue for few more quarters :(
a) Not jumping into EV market
b) Looking to expand outside India
Attached Thumbnails
Do you play the stock market-amr.jpg  

Old 4th November 2017, 23:09   #3827
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Anybody here looking at Rain Industries and Avanti feeds ?

As somebody asked about Bharatmala roll out,and vis a vis benefits for companies,I think major construction companies like Dilip Buildcon,KNR Construction, NBCC will benefit a lot.

Saying that,be wary that NHAI yesterday cancelled orders of 20 comapnies due top various reasons,that included among them LnT
Old 8th November 2017, 22:02   #3828
Senior - BHPian

I applied for Mahindra Logistics IPO through ICICI Direct and got allotment message today that shares are credited to my demat account.

When I am checking the Holdings in IPO section, I am not able to find the stock.

Also I am unable to add the stock manually to my portfolio as the stock symbol is not appearing there.

Will it take time before the stock start appearing in icici direct? This is my first IPO experience and I would like to get it added asap as listing is on 10th November.

PS - Any recommendation on Mahindra Logistics stock? Hold or sell on listing with any possible gains?
Old 8th November 2017, 22:37   #3829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
When I am checking the Holdings in IPO section, I am not able to find the stock.
The allotment was finalised today, so you will get it in your demat account tomorrow or day after. If I remember correctly, it will start trading on 10/13th November. Hence by then you would have got it in your demat account. I had applied for a single lot, but was not lucky.
Old 8th November 2017, 23:46   #3830
BHPian

Re: Confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Hey Guyz.
I am pretty new to stock market.
I have a query hope you guys can help me out.
Just tell me for online trading which is better.
icicidirect.com or hdfcsec.com
So that I can finalize & open a account in that.
Sir, ICICI Direct is one of the best interfaces I have ever used. Been a user for more than 10 years. I am also using Axis Direct - the worst site bar none - and Zerodha but I find ICICI Direct to be the best. Whatever may be said about the ICICI Family, their online services are the best bar none & are very prompt / proactive to newer software developments.

Was a past user of Kotak & BNP Paribas but they are as bad as Axis Direct.

One unsolicited suggestion, research Zerodha and similar platforms. Reason being that the brokerage charges are pittance in comparision to ICICI Direct or the other fund houses. You will pay 1% brokerage on ICICI Direct, Kotak, BNP Paribas etc etc. I pay roughly 0.1 - 0.2% at Zerodha.

I have zero experience with HDFC Sec personally or in my friend circle so I have no comments to make about it.

All the best to you in your journey into the stock market.
Old 9th November 2017, 07:14   #3831
BHPian

I have both HDFC Sec and zerodha. Yes, Zerodha is very cheap as compare to HDFC sec.
Advantage of HDFC is that you have so many features including apply for IPOs. But i think for a starter, zerodha is best.
Old 9th November 2017, 08:25   #3832
BHPian

Guys I am holding a few shares of Infosys, I am not sure how to participate in the buy back offer. I have an IciciDirect account and I don't see any option there.
Old 14th November 2017, 19:16   #3833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
So the desi boy HEG just soared past 1650 and this is when I am in a situation of keep or sell, will probably sell today, as advised by a senior investor once:
"Better regret after you sell than regret for keeping on hold"

Similarly Graphite is also showing quite a bull run.
Hi @Vkumar @smartcat is it worth buying Graphite India now (~620 with a target if 800), I am thinking about taking a loan of a bit of money (approx 6 months of salary) and going all in on this, with a target to hold for a year or so. It would cost me 10.99% in bank interest though. Alternatively I could go with 2 months of salary worth savings. I am not in it to make a quick buck, but I will need a sizeable amount of money in a years time to make a down payment for a home, hence trying to find a way to get 30-40% returns in a year. Any technical advice is appreciated.

@mods please remove if this breaks any rules
Old 14th November 2017, 19:38   #3834
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi @Vkumar @smartcat is it worth buying Graphite India now (~620 with a target if 800)
Hi digitalnirvana, I am a newbie who has luckily got a couple of hits just right. Coming to graphite, I had an estimate of 1800 (max stretch) for HEG and 900 for Graphite, I have already put a decent number of eggs in the graphite and have withdrawn 90% from HEG. My expectation is that graphite should hit at least 750 within a month, although I won't say that it will be a safe bet, but my research says that Graphite should keep on rising as of now.

Quote:
Any technical advice is appreciated.
See, I am a pure cash player and is a bit apprehensive in putting the money taken on debt. The stock in the question looks like a promising one, rest as of now I am confident on V2retail, Graphite and slightly on Tata motors, let's see the upcoming results, how much the bottom line numbers do improve for Tata, I have a gut feeling that this Indian manufacturer can slowly turn into a 'lambi race ka ghoda'.

Rest, I'd prefer to wait to listen from @Smartcat, his expert opinion is worth noting and following.
Old 14th November 2017, 19:45   #3835
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi @Vkumar @smartcat is it worth buying Graphite India now (~620 with a target if 800),
Graphite India & HEG have eye popping valuations based on certain current events (Eg:China crackdown on polluting industries) and future earnings estimates because of that.
http://content.icicidirect.com/maili...dia_Q1FY18.pdf

Investing based on such estimates is risky. There is very little margin of safety.

Quote:
I am thinking about taking a loan of a bit of money (approx 6 months of salary) and going all in on this, with a target to hold for a year or so. It would cost me 10.99% in bank interest though.
When people do this, apparently it means that stock market is about to peak and a crash is imminent

Do not borrow to invest in stocks. Use your own money - that too something you won't be needing in the immediate future. If you need money for down-payment for a home, take a personal loan for that (again, not recommended but do it if you can afford home loan + personal loan EMI).
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 19:55   #3836
BHPian

Thanks both @Vkumar @smartcat
The pdf projects INR280 as target, and it's already at more than double that! I'm spooked and will shy away from buying probably.

Point taken about the loan, I have to ponder over it

Edit any medium term (1 year horizon) targets that you recommend, please?

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 14th November 2017 at 19:56.
Old 15th November 2017, 16:28   #3837
BHPian

Need suggestions on investing for 1 year in Navkar corporation. Anyone any ideas/advice?
Old 15th November 2017, 16:41   #3838
Senior - BHPian

Hindustan copper , how good is it to invest now , based on the push to EV side ?
Old 29th November 2017, 11:33   #3839
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Do not borrow to invest in stocks. Use your own money - that too something you won't be needing in the immediate future.
@Smartcat and experts

What you guys opine regarding the Bitcoin? I am these days fed up of looking around and finding everyone around me going crazy behind the Bitcoin. Right now I am having seven figures in the stock market and it's already growing every day, is it advisable to invest a huge sum or even a small sum in the Bitcoin?

If no, then what are the reasons the experts have to state for keeping away from Bitcoin?
Old 29th November 2017, 14:11   #3840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
@Smartcat and experts

What you guys opine regarding the Bitcoin? I am these days fed up of looking around and finding everyone around me going crazy behind the Bitcoin. Right now I am having seven figures in the stock market and it's already growing every day, is it advisable to invest a huge sum or even a small sum in the Bitcoin?

If no, then what are the reasons the experts have to state for keeping away from Bitcoin?
All I can say is put your money in things you understand or can understand.
Some days back the hoopla caught up with me too and I checked how is bitcoin mined and how is it stored. To summarize, I did not understand a thing about it. I feel my money safer in shares because I can understand where they are saved, how the company performs etc.
I had googled about the mining and stuff when Bitcoin was at 2.5L INR i believe. And it was not too long ago. The way it is moving, it scares me.

But then to each his own. Some people may understand the concept and the mining and storing etc etc and some have already made a lot of money from it, my cousin included (who claims it will reach 55L INR by 2022, unbelievable at the time since its value was 2.5L then, but I still find it unbelievable). It may reach that value, but I decided it is just not for me.

Most Viewed