26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2019, 18:54   #4081
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Stock Markets will continue to be riskier as they depend on market sentiments, socio political and economic conditions. However the gains are in accordance with the risks involved.

Debt investments are relatively safer with modest gains and will not depend on the above factors as Stock markets do but with recent cases such as PMC bank, IL&FS, etc there is no guarantee of safety of capital anymore.

It all depends on the frequency of something turning bad. Instability is a constant factor in Stocks whereas it is rare in debt and FD instruments.

So my view is Debt is still a safe bet compared to stocks.
Old 14th November 2019, 16:15   #4082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
All exchange fees are pass-through expenses to customers. So it is unlikely that a broker prefers BSE or NSE.

When you open a new account, you have to specify that you want a BSE account too - but that just involves tick marking the BSE checkbox. Older Zerodha account holders (NSE membership only) had to go through signing up an agreement again for BSE membership. Nobody trades on BSE anyway - they have just 10% marketshare in trading volumes. However, a small number of micro-caps are listed on BSE only. If you want to buy those stocks, you need BSE membership.

<Added> I just recalled that a friend of mine faced account opening issues too
I am not able to reinstall Pi on new laptop - I cant even find the link ! After login it took me to some video verification KYC loop but no luck yet ? Any pointers pls ?
Old 14th November 2019, 20:58   #4083
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
I am not able to reinstall Pi on new laptop - I cant even find the link ! After login it took me to some video verification KYC loop but no luck yet ? Any pointers pls ?
Here you go:
https://support.zerodha.com/category...-i-download-pi

But I stopped using Pi one year back. Pi desktop software is very clunky when compared to Kite platform. Only advantage Pi had was charting, but now Kite uses ChartIQ/TradingView - which is good enough.
Old 14th November 2019, 22:24   #4084
BHPian

1. Has anyone signed up to Zerodha online recently? I'm sure my Aadhaar and Pan is linked to each other, as well as my phone number. However, I am unable to digitally sign the documents because I get the OTP error. Will do it physically if it doesn't happen by tomorrow/ day after.

2. I used to trade/ invest from HDFC Sec. Looking to shift to Zerodha because of the features, lower brokerage, lower AMC, etc etc.
Can someone please share the process of transferring everything to Zerodha and subsequently terminating the HDFC Sec a/c.
Old 15th November 2019, 06:25   #4085
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
1. Has anyone signed up to Zerodha online recently? I'm sure my Aadhaar and Pan is linked to each other, as well as my phone number.

Is Aadhaar mandatory for opening Zerodha accounts?
Old 15th November 2019, 09:50   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Here you go:
https://support.zerodha.com/category...-i-download-pi

But I stopped using Pi one year back. Pi desktop software is very clunky when compared to Kite platform. Only advantage Pi had was charting, but now Kite uses ChartIQ/TradingView - which is good enough.
Thanks , for intraday I like Fyers also - but not many screeners customization option in it. Same is the issue earlier found in Pi too.

Kite is good for charting but not good in speed of trading & multiple charting / screeners etc .

Do you have any recommendations for intraday trading platform ?
Old 15th November 2019, 09:56   #4087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
Kite is good for charting but not good in speed of trading & multiple charting / screeners etc . Do you have any recommendations for intraday trading platform ?
Kite offers multiple charts too:
https://kite.trade/docs/kite/charting/#multi-view-chart

If you don't like it for some reason, go for paid version of http://in.tradingview.com
Old 15th November 2019, 11:23   #4088
BANNED

We all do either directly or through our investments like MFs or whatever. There is no escape. Even FD rates are ultimately controlled by the markets.
Old 27th November 2019, 15:17   #4089
Senior - BHPian

Hello experts, a few months ago, there was a hue cry blaming even a passer by beggar on falling stock market & not to mention recession, depression etc. And suddenly now we're witnessing never before high records.

Any idea what's going on & what's the reason for sudden spike? Any connectivity between Mr Xi's visit?
Old 27th November 2019, 15:52   #4090
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Hello experts, a few months ago, there was a hue cry blaming even a passer by beggar on falling stock market & not to mention recession, depression etc. And suddenly now we're witnessing never before high records.
My thoughts:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4695241 (Guide: Investing in shares of the automotive sector)
Old 6th December 2019, 12:11   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Is Aadhaar mandatory for opening Zerodha accounts?

AFAIK, yes. It's mandatory for almost everything in the country now
Old 6th December 2019, 13:17   #4092
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
It's mandatory for almost everything in the country now

Not really. Till date, I haven't used my Aadhar for anything except linking it to PAN in the Income Tax Portal.
Old 7th December 2019, 16:49   #4093
Senior - BHPian

Anyone still using FundsIndia as stock broker?

I am curious to know what needs to be done to safeguard myself from the recent Karvy episode and any such potential issues with other brokers. Looking for FundsIndia specific guidance based on the generic points below.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/72413114.cms
Old 7th December 2019, 20:38   #4094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Anyone still using FundsIndia as stock broker? I am curious to know what needs to be done to safeguard myself from the recent Karvy episode and any such potential issues with other brokers. Looking for FundsIndia specific guidance based on the generic points below.
All these articles are just beating around the bush. It is quite simple to check if your stock broker is pulling the wool over your eyes.

1) Where are the dividends being credited? To your bank account or your brokerage account? If dividends are being credited to your bank account, all is well. It means the shares are in your name (that's how dividends end up in your bank account). If the dividends are being credited to your brokerage account instead, it means your broker is using your stocks as collateral. It means the shares are NOT in your name.

2) Sign up at https://nsdlcas.nsdl.com/. They will send you a monthly report on all your financial assets like stocks, mutual funds and life insurance policies. Check this report every month. If some shares have suddenly gone missing, you will immediately know that your broker has pledged your shares. NSDL/CDSL are called depositories. When somebody buys shares from ANY broker, they are held at either NSDL or CDSL. So they exactly know where our financial holdings are - in our name or in the broker's name. No need to separately sign up for CDSL. NSDL report gives all the info. You can get your NSDL CAS ID by clicking on "Know your CAS ID" button.

Anyway, if you want 100% safety, just switch to a brokerage operated by a bank like ICICIBank, HDFCBank, KotakBank etc.

Last edited by SmartCat : 7th December 2019 at 21:04.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 19:27   #4095
Distinguished - BHPian

I hold a DP account, and the company has sent me a mail asking me to update my financials
  • Income tax returns
  • Balance sheet
  • Form 16
  • DP statement
  • Net worth certificate by a CA/CS/ICWA
  • Recent salary slips
  • Self-Declaration along with 6 month's bank statement/bank pass book
Has any one else received this ?

I dont understand why should I give all this to them. It is a different matter if the IT dept asks for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks