76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2020, 17:38   #4261
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
@joslicx and @BaCkSeAtDrIVer- Thanks for your input also , will try all the methods to see if i can get this recouped. Its not a big investment but Money is Money.
You should have got 3 shares of Sesa-Sterlite (now Vedanta) for 5 shares of Sterlite held. So, your CAS should show these 15 Vedanta shares. If not, you should check with the company secretary.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 17:45   #4262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Attachment 2005558

Hi sunilch- I have attached the screenshot from my broker (IciciDirect's) Web portal . Thanks for your input

@joslicx and @BaCkSeAtDrIVer- Thanks for your input also , will try all the methods to see if i can get this recouped. Its not a big investment but Money is Money.

I also went and checked the details on my CAS report and it does not list this share on it.
Looking at the quoted price it seems Vedanta only. But you need to click on the STEIND and check the ISIN Value. If it is INE205A01025 (and not INE268A01049) then you are good and it is only a matter of ICICI Direct fixing the display symbol/ticker.

Otherwise, you need to write to ICICI Direct and the Company Secretary of Vedanta.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 19:35   #4263
Senior - BHPian

What account do you use for trading? I was reading some reviews on Zerodha? What other options?
Old 13th May 2020, 22:19   #4264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
What account do you use for trading? I was reading some reviews on Zerodha? What other options?
I use Sharekhan (now by BNP Paribas) since 2010. Never faced any issues. Charges are almost similar to ICICI direct. Interface on both desktop and mobile app is flawless.

Heard Zerodha crashes some times during peak trade traffic, not sure how true. Some user may comment.
hydraulicsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 22:25   #4265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have been using Zerodha for past 7-8 years now for delivery based equity buy/sell and i have no reason to complaint so far. The web interface is simple to use, the mobile app is excellent and whenever i have contacted their support, have got a reply same day.

The coin platform for mutual funds is good as well, i guess complaints are from traders who trade intraday or F&O as they say the system some times crashes for a couple of minutes and they miss the window of opportunity. I am a long term investor and 3-4 INR up/down does not matter, have never faced an issue so far in any order i placed from last couple of years. The fact that they charge zero brokerage on delivery trades is an added bonus.
coolboy007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 23:01   #4266
BHPian

Stocks ! Hardly do I have any exposure, but during this lockdown' 4 out of 10 people I interact in the HR fraternity and folks in other departments secretly utter about shares, commodities etc. The most common platform quoted is Zerodha for hassle free experience and customer support. Very much inclined to get the hang of trading. The online sessions by CA Rachana Ranade is interesting and useful. Let's see what's instore for me.
RJ555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 23:06   #4267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
I use Sharekhan (now by BNP Paribas) since 2010. Never faced any issues. Charges are almost similar to ICICI direct. Interface on both desktop and mobile app is flawless.

Heard Zerodha crashes some times during peak trade traffic, not sure how true. Some user may comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Have been using Zerodha for past 7-8 years now for delivery based equity buy/sell and i have no reason to complaint so far. The web interface is simple to use, the mobile app is excellent and whenever i have contacted their support, have got a reply same day.
Thank you both for the info. I was trying to register on Zerodha but not getting past the Aadhar verification screen - some error comes up asking me to increase the size of the digits on the aadhar number field

Lets see if I can get their support to help.
Old 22nd May 2020, 20:56   #4268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you both for the info. I was trying to register on Zerodha but not getting past the Aadhar verification screen - some error comes up asking me to increase the size of the digits on the aadhar number field

Lets see if I can get their support to help.
Done, all set up now. Exploring options.
Old 26th May 2020, 19:11   #4269
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any of you facing cash withdrawal delays from your Zerodha Account? I raised a request on Sunday and the status still shows pending.
Old 26th May 2020, 19:25   #4270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, any of you facing cash withdrawal delays from your Zerodha Account? I raised a request on Sunday and the status still shows pending.
Kindly go through following link - https://support.zerodha.com/category...drawal-request.
Old 27th May 2020, 08:56   #4271
Senior - BHPian

Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Kindly go through following link - https://support.zerodha.com/category...drawal-request.

Received the funds. The delay was probably due to Monday being a holiday.
Old 27th May 2020, 09:12   #4272

With the current market volatility what would be the best sector to invest for long term goals. Currently my portfolio is diversified with being heavy in the Pharma (suven life sciences, Divis Labs) and Financial (CUB & Bajaj finance). I am still trying to hit the nail on few sectors which might be a top hit in the future.
nischalreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 22:39   #4273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischalreddy View Post
With the current market volatility what would be the best sector to invest for long term goals. Currently my portfolio is diversified with being heavy in the Pharma (suven life sciences, Divis Labs) and Financial (CUB & Bajaj finance). I am still trying to hit the nail on few sectors which might be a top hit in the future.
Thanks for the recco on Suven Life Sciences. I have also been looking at co's like Cyient etc.

Any other recommendations guys?
Old 30th May 2020, 07:48   #4274
BHPian

A little off topic. Anyone here into option selling? I'm in search for a broker who accepts Liquid Funds (not Liquidbess) as collateral, with brokerage charged per transaction and not per lot sold. Any suggestions?

Currently using Angel Broking. The brokerage part is acceptable, but they only accept shares as collateral.
Old 30th May 2020, 09:39   #4275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
A little off topic. Anyone here into option selling? I'm in search for a broker who accepts Liquid Funds (not Liquidbess) as collateral, with brokerage charged per transaction and not per lot sold. Any suggestions?
Zerodha offers Rs. 20 per options transaction and accepts 7 specific liquid funds as margin collateral.

AXIS LIQUID FUND - DIRECT PLAN - GROWTH OPTION
HDFC LIQUID FUND - DIRECT PLAN - GROWTH OPTION
ABSL LIQUID FUND - DIRECT PLAN - GROWTH OPTION
ICICI PRUDENTIAL LIQUID FUND - DIRECT PLAN - GROWTH OPTION
FRANKLIN INDIA LIQUID FUND - DIRECT PLAN - GROWTH OPTION
NIPPON INDIA LIQUID FUND - DIRECT PLAN - GROWTH OPTION
ICICI PRUDENTIAL OVERNIGHT FUND - DIRECT PLAN - GROWTH OPTION

Note that the mutual fund investment has to be made via http://coin.zerodha.com platform.

From Monday, margins required for options spread trades will fall by 50% because of new SEBI rules. Look to enter spread trades instead of naked short options.

Last edited by SmartCat : 30th May 2020 at 09:50.
SmartCat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks