0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.27%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 549 44.74%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.38%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1227. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 18:17   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Thank you ECM.Amazing and inspiring read.Today i can confidently said i have learnt something.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:59   #1112
ECM
BHPian

Go short in Crude Oil,price when I last traded was around 2653.
Old 19th March 2009, 19:04   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Fundas - always

Spot on @ ECM. One should go by fundamentals and not technicals.

The technicals are only useful to remind one about history. Reading hats, seeing pennants & arrows, etc. in the charts is pure hokum-pokum, it is like trying to see shapes in clouds - fun but of no practical use. Reading entrails and tea leaves might be just as useful as reading the charts to predict the markets.

What is remarkable about ECM is the scope of the things he studies - commodity prices, macro-economic data, money market movements, industry cycles, etc. keep it up @ ECM

Cheers,
Old 19th March 2009, 19:08   #1114
ECM
BHPian

Now stands at 2607 in just few minutes,will square up when my price comes!If anyone acted on call his profit stands at Rs.4600 in 5 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Go short in Crude Oil,price when I last traded was around 2653.
Old 19th March 2009, 21:12   #1115
ECM
BHPian

Update and after this I would like to hear your views on stocks or commodities,sometimes it is better to read what others say on market trend.
Crude now at 2579,gave nice profit in very short time so covering half of my exposure and let remaining shorts open which will bring my net price higher(as I am short).I love to play safe by the way as far as doing "satta" is concern.
Friends chip in with your views,I hv projected some sectors here,study them and also find some good promising bets imerging in market.
I am told that wockhardt perhaps launched Basal Insulin like Lantus or Levemir,this can be a very good sign,check this if it is correct and if correct I may think of adding few sooner seeing long term projection.
Old 20th March 2009, 11:51   #1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
I am told that wockhardt perhaps launched Basal Insulin like Lantus or Levemir,this can be a very good sign,check this if it is correct and if correct I may think of adding few sooner seeing long term projection.
Yes, Wockhardt certain looks promising as there is news of stake sale and launch of Insulin.Looks good at Rs 75 (Approx).

Another company that has caught my eyes is Biocon, which has started trials for Oral insulin.Infact it is being talked as a make or break product for Biocon. No harm in accumulating it below 100 Rs.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:38   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Good day on the stock market today, Sensex breaches 10K again thanks to it being the last day of the derivatives contracts expiry for March series !
Old 27th March 2009, 13:31   #1118

So another Surprise, after all analysts and Fund managers were shouting from Roof top that by march end , sensex will test 7K levels.
Sensex like life , never fails to surprise.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:47   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsandeep View Post
So another Surprise, after all analysts and Fund managers were shouting from Roof top that by march end , sensex will test 7K levels.
Sensex like life , never fails to surprise.
I dont think this surprise will last that long. I feel this rally is more sentiment induced than fundamental induced. Oil stocks like cairn and aban are getting a chance to recover since crude is recovering but still I doubt if sensex will be able to sustain 10K plus figures. I think nifty will also correct back to 2500-2600 levels very soon. Call it a hunch but this time around I feel that sensex is due to correct itself once again to 8.1-8.3K levels. Having said all that I'm still not selling my positions for the time being. I'll see how the markets open Monday morning and then decide if I should go for profit booking or hold on to my positions.

Last edited by sabret00the : 29th March 2009 at 12:51.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:41   #1120

Wockhardt apears to be in problem with high debt.CEO Also resigned.
Though company is fundamentally sound , investors need to wait and watch as to How it restructures its debts and then take a call.

ECM , What is ur take on Sensex now ?
Old 1st April 2009, 22:09   #1121
Senior - BHPian

umm a bit irrelevant but.. Ill be joining soon!! im going to give an application for pan card(im a student so no income :( ..)
ill basically be playing around with some money i saved up in the banK!

P.S i know it will take some time for pan and demat proceedings.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:02   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
umm a bit irrelevant but.. Ill be joining soon!! im going to give an application for pan card(im a student so no income :( ..)
ill basically be playing around with some money i saved up in the banK!

P.S i know it will take some time for pan and demat proceedings.
Hi Vinay,

The PAN Card, opening a de-mat and trading account take a few weeks. Since you are going to be investing is shares etc. for the first time, a word of caution.

The share market is not for the faint-hearted. Put in only as much money as you can afford to lose. Remember to book profits and cut your losses at every opportunity.

Cheers and wish you profitable investing,
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:16   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,

Recently, I took a demat account with icicidirect. Two days ago, some one from icicidirect called me up and said after activating the account I must make a trade else my account will be void. I have paid around 900/- towards annual fee and how can my account be closed just like that. I was told this is their policy, I asked to send me an official mail either from his account or from his senior's account mentioning the same.

Also I was informed I can make a trade as little as Rs. 500/- and the account will not be deleted. I can make that trade but I want to know whether such a rule exists are is he trying to give some crap. I am yet to get a mail in this regard. Also if its indeed he is cooking up then I want make the record straight that they cant bluff to customers.

Raj.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:11   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi Vinay,

The PAN Card, opening a de-mat and trading account take a few weeks. Since you are going to be investing is shares etc. for the first time, a word of caution.

The share market is not for the faint-hearted. Put in only as much money as you can afford to lose. Remember to book profits and cut your losses at every opportunity.

Cheers and wish you profitable investing,
yes will do!!
another hiccup arise.!!
my DL which i used as id proof does not have my full name but only initials on it.
So the lady who was accepting the application told me try to get any other id proof.
i have a passport but it has expired? can i still use the DL?? please help

Last edited by vinaydas : 3rd April 2009 at 16:18.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:47   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Recently, I took a demat account with icicidirect. Two days ago, some one from icicidirect called me up and said after activating the account I must make a trade else my account will be void. I have paid around 900/- towards annual fee and how can my account be closed just like that. I was told this is their policy, I asked to send me an official mail either from his account or from his senior's account mentioning the same.

Also I was informed I can make a trade as little as Rs. 500/- and the account will not be deleted. I can make that trade but I want to know whether such a rule exists are is he trying to give some crap. I am yet to get a mail in this regard. Also if its indeed he is cooking up then I want make the record straight that they cant bluff to customers.

Raj.
There is no such rule, else all other trading firms would have made it mandatory.
May be some sort of a company policy.
And you may have unknowingly signed on it along with the 40-50 account opening documents!

Most Viewed