51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 17:06   #976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Satyam has had a drop of over 30% in a day!. Considering that the deal is off and nothing else has changed, can I purchase a few at this price?? There are quite a few companies with higher valuations and lower corporate governance ethics anyway.
If you are a long term investor then i think don't jump in right now.
Old 17th December 2008, 17:37   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Satyam has had a drop of over 30% in a day!. Considering that the deal is off and nothing else has changed, can I purchase a few at this price?? There are quite a few companies with higher valuations and lower corporate governance ethics anyway.
Looking at the jump in open interest today and the fall in Satyam's prices, I think the hammering has just started and will continue for a few days. Watch out for its ADR price in New York. Please remember the old saying - fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
Old 17th December 2008, 17:45   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Watch out for its ADR price in New York.
ADR prices fell yesterday by 50% right?

They almost attempted to con the investors money. Why would any one want to jump into it the next day itself?
Old 17th December 2008, 19:17   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
ADR prices fell yesterday by 50% right?
Yes. It fell 54.58 per cent to be precise. I think the hammering has just started. And those who have sold/gone short aren't going to buy back any time soon.
Old 17th December 2008, 19:49   #980
BHPian

saw this thread and just wanna say, i am 23( started early)
i have 6 years of exp in the stock markets. i specialize in trading derivatives. i thought stock market was not discussed here so didnt bother mentioning it. but as i see this thread. we can discuss stuff here.

i hopefull in this bad times that things will get better after obama comes in and i think recovery will start after next 2 quarters. thats mid 09. my heart goes out to all those who have lost hard earned money in these toubled times. i wish things get better so lets hope for the best.
Old 17th December 2008, 20:06   #981
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs guys, would 120 be a decent level then?
I have the last Orchid chemical lucky stint at the back of my mind, so I am keen to enter this stock . And usually people's memory on governance is quite poor !
Old 18th December 2008, 10:40   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i am 23( started early)
i have 6 years of exp in the stock markets. i specialize in trading derivatives.
Great to see that you are into the most beautiful and exotic instruments on this planet that too from a early age . Congrats

the way I am looking at the present situation is that from Oct 2008 when the panic stopped, for the time being, till march 2009 is like a consolidation phase, if you can understand the data from charts. In March 2009, the "expectation" is that Obama and Indian Elections should lift up the sentiment. But the contrarian view from me is they will not be successful and I see the "Greatest Depression" ever seen in your lifetime till 2011, where it should bottom out.

Don't call me a pessimistic or anything please, Its purely my analysis which I am sharing with you.

Extending the same logic, I can see a couple of Top 10 IT firms filing for BIFR (if they come under its preview), Sensex around 1000-2000, and nifty in 3 digits.

Please dont start hitting me for all these. Just sharing my thoughts
Old 18th December 2008, 17:16   #983
ECM
BHPian

All are welcome for sharing their thoughts,now let me talk on funda view for the market.
Low inflation coupled with low interest rates help to build bull market so keep this in mind.By the way Nifty ended at 3060 zone,no one bought anything and market kept ralling,this happened in past will happen in future,each time people came up giving warnings,they watched the show sitting in the balcony.
Low inflation and low interest rates build rally in 2003 for your kind information.Senario has changed slightly since 2003 and we are in 2008 I know but funda points are still same.Market will always surprise you and me!
Quote:
Please dont start hitting me for all these. Just sharing my thoughts
Old 18th December 2008, 17:26   #984
BHPian

Well stock markets are known to surprise every one and i also personally think that our stock market has bottomed out at 7600 levels in october. It will be very difficult for it to break that and go below 7500 levels (my personal view).
Old 19th December 2008, 09:25   #985
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Well stock markets are known to surprise every one and i also personally think that our stock market has bottomed out at 7600 levels in october. It will be very difficult for it to break that and go below 7500 levels (my personal view).
Well, nothing is difficult after it happens
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:29   #986
BHPian

metals, crude, gold everything is going down. crude at 33 is like woah. maaan. i think they are factoring in great depressing times ahead. or its just that the market it oversold.(crude).

well i think we are in a consolidation phase for sure. but i think somewhere are 2200 we bottomed out. but hey these are just views floating around. who knows where we are headed.

but one things is for sure we all are definately on the same boat. and it went thought a storm and now through calm waters. there is fog ahead so we cant see where we are going. we can fall into a water fall. and go down or. somewhere we will the river bank in the future for sure. how that for layman's terms lolz

i am a trader/ investor. i trade for my self invest for my father, for a trader spot the trend. for a investor find value if you can, this is my advice.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:15   #987
ECM
BHPian

Nifty is well near my target,cmp is 3150 if I am right.I just showed one of the glimpses for traders and investors based upon my experence in stocks commodities.After getting bitter taste I stopped posting my readings here,credit goes to.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Nifty is slowly but surely heading towards a target of 3211.
Sudipto you went totally wrong in reading my call and act upon it.I don't blame you but always listen to a person who talk with confidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Was it 3211 or 2211? It is going in that direction to be sure and not too slowly either. I don't know why some people love making baseless predictions that get proven wrong virtually immediately.
Mr.Backseatdriver howz you buddy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Probably, their job application was rejected by the meteorology department. And worse, the post of astrologer on all TV channels was full.

The nifty is 2616 as I write this.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:33   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Nifty is well near my target,cmp is 3150 if I am right.
Sirji heads off to your study of market. (I hope it is. Just kidding.)

I want to ask you and to anyone what do you see for one year market behaving.

I think till December 2009 market will be stable or may go down.
Old 7th January 2009, 12:16   #989
Senior - BHPian

Should one buy Satyam shares today @Rs. 60 ?
Old 7th January 2009, 12:35   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Should one buy Satyam shares today @Rs. 60 ?
Good question I would also like to know this!!
My mind says no

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 7th January 2009 at 12:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks