26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 14:14   #1351
BHPian

HI all,
How is returns of Yes Bank in a year time frame. I would like to invest a lakh in it. Is it ok or is their any better reliable stocks for such an amount for an year ?

Thanks,
ramki
Old 4th January 2010, 15:41   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
HI all,
How is returns of Yes Bank in a year time frame. I would like to invest a lakh in it. Is it ok or is their any better reliable stocks for such an amount for an year ?

Thanks,
ramki
Sorry but you are sounding as though stocks is a fixed return investment.
No one can predict how much return (or loss) would a particular stock give after 1 year. You should diversify the 1 L across various investment options, predominently in fixed income instruments - Bank FD, debt funds etc. For 1 yr horizon betting on equities and worse still on a single stock is dangerous.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:51   #1353
Senior - BHPian

I trade actively.

In fact had written a small article on the basics of stocks.This is a very generic write up for those who would just want to start trading.

Stock trading gurus, please excuse me :-)
The link to that article is as below:

BOMBAY STOCK EXCHANGE Review, BOMBAY STOCK EXCHANGE India, Market Basics - MouthShut.com
GENERAL ADVICE ON SENSEX Review, GENERAL ADVICE ON SENSEX India, The Elephant Charge - MouthShut.com

These reviews are old revoews and hence the companies mentioned here are may not remain good buys.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:05   #1354
BANNED

I do play sometimes, when find time. Last I bought 6000 of Tata motors for 128 before booking started for Nano also regularly invest in SBI Tax saver MF and gets very good return from it.

Last edited by jacksons : 4th January 2010 at 16:18.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:00   #1355
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I do play sometimes, when find time. Last I bought 6000 of Tata motors for 128 before booking started for Nano also regularly invest in SBI Tax saver MF and gets very good return from it.
you should add atleast a MERC.

@arnabchak- do you trade intraday ? trade futures?

Last edited by vsh : 4th January 2010 at 20:07. Reason: addressing another member too.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:56   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
if you were talking about equity then tata motors is currently at 640 levels
i had bought a few lots around 200 and got rid of them around 400.
nowadays im not into equity rather im playing around with options.
yes im losing loads of cash but its really addictive because of the instant gains
Old 5th January 2010, 10:36   #1357
BANNED

Does the investment in personally chosen equities qualify for tax deduction under ELSS?
Old 5th January 2010, 12:25   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Does the investment in personally chosen equities qualify for tax deduction under ELSS?

No way. ELSS is only for specified Mutual funds which come under ELSS scheme.
Old 5th January 2010, 13:38   #1359
BANNED

Quote:
you should add atleast a MERC.
I don't waste money on expensive cars rather enjoy travelling ( holidaying ) world.
Quote:
if you were talking about equity then tata motors is currently at 640 levels
i had bought a few lots around 200 and got rid of them around 400.
nowadays im not into equity rather im playing around with options.
yes im losing loads of cash but its really addictive because of the instant gains
Yes I am talking about equity and still holding, will sell at 999/-
Safest way is buy equity and forget for some time and sell when needed. There are no instant gains anywhere in anything.

Last edited by jacksons : 5th January 2010 at 13:42.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:15   #1360
Senior - BHPian

OK GUYS: Here are mid-long term leads for all you guys. Accumulate these stocks.

Im just giving you all the Scrip, the targets and the target dates. Hope you can make the most of it.

Scrip > Target > Target date.

Adhunik metalicks> 174 > 30th April
Birla power > 7 > 31st March
Jyoti Structures > 255 > 30th April
JBF industries> 154 > 30th April
ACC > 1225 31st July.
All the following are with Dec 2010 targets but might get there much earlier.
Tata Steel > 900
Century Text > 900
JK Lakshmi Cement > 85
Oracle financial > 2800
Bajaj Auto fin > 350
Bajaj holdings > 800
HDIL >425(might get there earlier)
BOB 580
L&T > 2200
Maruti > 1850
Prakash Ind > 250
Patel Engg > 550
IDBI > 160
SBI > 2700
Yes Bank > 320
Shree cements > 2200
Tech Mahindra > 1300
Hind Dor Oliver > 220

Disclaimer: While I hope you all can make the best of this info, I really dont care if you lose all your money either. As I have always maintained that the stock market is a Gamblers paradise. Those who sit behind the big screens and do all the charts & calculations too could not predict the crash that happened in the not so recent past in 08. So exercise caution and use the info at your discretion. Track market sentiment, but dont get sentimental. I am very confident that 95% of the scrips mentioned above will achieve their targets... not withstanding "Acts of God"

Wish you all a good financial year and hope the market pays for your next dream car and the fuel.

Cheers,
Jay

PS: TO all those who see the Analysts on TV yap away(as i did once upon a time) about their picks for the day, here is something that you probably dont know. Most of the time when they recommend scrips or picks for the day, they are very close to their targets. The guys who had to make money are just about waiting to exit at that time. And just as you buy.. the selling starts shortly after and you are left scratching your bag of 2 gold coins down there.. So for the small investor, you better tread with caution.
Many of you out there might just realize that smoking leaves is better than watching el cheapo business news.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 5th January 2010 at 16:20.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:43   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Scrip > Target > Target date.

Adhunik metalicks> 174 > 30th April
Birla power > 7 > 31st March
Jyoti Structures > 255 > 30th April
JBF industries> 154 > 30th April
I do not track Adhunik Metalinks and JBF Industries so wont be able to comment on them.

I would not recommend anyone to acquire Birla Power as I doubt if it will be able to break out of the 3.10-4.2 bracket anytime soon.
I think the target set for Jyoti is less likely to happen but possible. I think it would be close to 200 levels.

Anyways just wanted to know the source or reason for such aggressive Q1 targets for the above mentioned 4 companies.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:14   #1362
Senior - BHPian

In the stock market expect the impossible. Well, if you're a trader then 3 months is a long time in the stock market. Birla power has been waiting in the wings for a long time. Watch it crack and when it does, do remember me. Jyoti structures will push 200 in the next few weeks.
I just shared this for the benefit of folks here. Please do not expect me to reveal research or sources.

There are people out there who charge a fortune for late advice, borrowed advice, stolen advice, etc. Enjoy the free ride while you can.

Cheers,

Jay

PS: Dont hesitate to sell if you reach your personal set target. Greed will kill you.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 5th January 2010 at 23:16.
Old 6th January 2010, 00:03   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
I just shared this for the benefit of folks here. Please do not expect me to reveal research or sources.

There are people out there who charge a fortune for late advice, borrowed advice, stolen advice, etc. Enjoy the free ride while you can.

Cheers,

Jay
Pl. let us know your thoughts on dish TV, fame india and and royal orchid.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:25   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
In the stock market expect the impossible. Well, if you're a trader then 3 months is a long time in the stock market. Birla power has been waiting in the wings for a long time. Watch it crack and when it does, do remember me. Jyoti structures will push 200 in the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Jay

PS: Dont hesitate to sell if you reach your personal set target. Greed will kill you.
Hmm, see speculation and operator movement can do a lot to make the dead man walk but from a purist point of view I dont know how much Fundamentals or Technicals would play if Birla Power really touches Rs.6.75 or Rs.7 as is in the rumours.

But once again thats a lot for the targets in the last post. I'm sure a lot of members can benefit off them.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:54   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Following is my personal view of the stock market:

Its a gamblers paradise. Some people are good at it, have honed their 'skill' over time. Some have burnt their fingers, hands and legs etc and some have died of 3rd degree burns too.

Some have tremendous gambling luck and some dont.

If you get into the fundas, you will surely become mental. Fundamentals are OK once in a while. The rest of the game is about sentiment. But if you become too senti, then you will become mental. So watch that emotion closely.

In the market, its not about making a killing. Its about not getting killed. Its about survival. The market is utterly ruthless. Dont love any stock and any company. They are all numbers, nothing more and nothing less.

Our market movements, to a large extent is influenced by FII inflows. We rise when they come & we fall when they leave. I feel so, many of you may differ.

Its like fishing. You can fish from the pier and catch a few fish every now and then. If you want a larger catch, you go out into sea. The risk as such increases but so does the possibility of big rewards. Sometimes your boat may capsize, the risk is always there, as with all things in life. You may have all the calculations and the charts and the fishfinder too, but the sea is nature, and you cannot predict her moves. No one has ever predicted the weather accurately and we find out about tsunami's just before we get hit or just after.

That is the gamble.

About Birla Power: it shows on my fishfinder...!!
About the targets; try making atleast 50% of that buddies- without getting killed!!

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 7th January 2010 at 20:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks