Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Also, where can I track these information
Canonical source of this info:

http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/corporate_act.aspx
Old 2nd July 2014, 13:04   #2417
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Hi, there is no specific time, each com might have different reasons for coming out with splits or bonuses. You can use researchbytes to make a dashboard of your stocks to get alerts on various events related to the company. Othewrsie BSE website can be used.

Corporate actions like split and bonuses can be very critical indicators for a retail investor especially for mid-small caps that are growing in sales and earnings. Many a times big funds and institutions will not have enough liquidity to buy large chunks in a mid-small cap, hence they would impress upon the management to take steps like stock splits. It would be a "crime" to exit such stocks. I have learnt this the hard way. You should hang around irrespective of how much return you have made and what you think is the "fair" valuation as the big boys will drive the prices high when they get in.

Exit calls are far more difficult and will challenge your temperament. It helps to have clear cut rules for exits. Ajanta Pharma has gone up more than 21 times in the last 4 years. If you were to sell seeing a 100-200% return, you would have missed out on a great wealth creator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When is usually bonus shares / dividends declared? After / along with any (quarter) results declaration or ONLY during the FY end (April - May time frame) results declaration?

Also, where can I track these information - I do see a particular page in moneycontrol website. Anything else for it?
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:47   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi, there is no specific time, each com might have different reasons for coming out with splits or bonuses.
Hi VindyWheels,

I find your posts very useful and informative. Do you have any stocks on your radar as of now? Last time you had suggested Page Industries and I did some research on it - but did not pull the trigger as I was not confident enough. I was wondering of you have any stocks in the mid cap space which I can also research on my own and invest?

Also I had this query - I have generally seen that multi-baggers generally happen to be from mid-cap space? I think it is generally difficult to huge returns from a large cap stock its price will be quite efficient since it is covered by many people.

Let me know if you are currently buying any mid-caps - would like to research on my own and evaluate such opportunities.
Old 3rd July 2014, 22:44   #2419
BHPian

Hi Saanil, if definition of large cap is 10000 Cr market cap then TCS was a multibagger at 10000 Cr market cap as today its market cap is over 4 lac Cr!
Page industries is currently at 8000 Cr market cap. It has penetrated less than 20% of the market. The stock was quite attractive at 6000 or below.

I find Shilpa Medicare very attractive at current price. Google Shilpa Medicare+ India Nivesh and you will find their stock report...its well written. The main triggers will play out in the next 2 years, so you have to be patient. I also find Kitex garments attractive.

Just read story on Buffet about patience. His first investment was City Services at age 11! He bought it at $38, saw it going down to $27 and sold it when the price reached $40 as he was feeling jittery. Shortly after his sale, the stock went upto $200!

If you have found a great investment opportunity, just keep reminding yourself about the conviction you had when you analysed the stock and stay put. Sometimes after a few months of our analysis the stock story gets a bit old in our mind and we forget about the conviction we had. And Mr Market's daily scorecard will push us to act. Re-reading our analysis will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi VindyWheels,

I find your posts very useful and informative. Do you have any stocks on your radar as of now? Last time you had suggested Page Industries and I did some research on it - but did not pull the trigger as I was not confident enough. I was wondering of you have any stocks in the mid cap space which I can also research on my own and invest?

Also I had this query - I have generally seen that multi-baggers generally happen to be from mid-cap space? I think it is generally difficult to huge returns from a large cap stock its price will be quite efficient since it is covered by many people.

Let me know if you are currently buying any mid-caps - would like to research on my own and evaluate such opportunities.
Old 4th July 2014, 11:47   #2420
Senior - BHPian

Any stock split thing in the cards for MRF?
It is getting too unwieldy.

Also need to know the story behind Eicher Motors. I am hold it since 2012 (and keep adding to it regularly) but I am actually scared why it is rocketing up constantly for quite a long time now!
Old 4th July 2014, 15:01   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
I find Shilpa Medicare very attractive at current price. Google Shilpa Medicare+ India Nivesh and you will find their stock report...its well written. The main triggers will play out in the next 2 years, so you have to be patient. I also find Kitex garments attractive.
Shilpa Medicare up today by almost 10%. Any particular news?
Old 4th July 2014, 15:27   #2422
BHPian

Hi, I thought you moved the prices up

No particular news that I came across. Price discovery happens like this. It jumps up now and then when strong buyers come in with strong conviction. Philips Capital held an analyst conference in Mumbai recently where Shilpa was also showcased.

Have a look at Suven Lifescience also, just started my research on it, looked interesting so far. Researchbytes and company website has enough information to understand the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Shilpa Medicare up today by almost 10%. Any particular news?
Alpha, check announcements in the BSE website, you will find their June vehicle sales numbers reported to SIAM....fantastic! Being a truck company they are expected to do well when the economy grows faster. And waiting period of the bullets is not reducing either. I think M&M finance and Shriram Transport will also do well in a 2 year time frame.

Last edited by VindyWheels : 4th July 2014 at 15:42.
Old 9th July 2014, 23:01   #2423
BHPian

Kitex has announced Q1 results - flat sales and profits. The stock tanked 15% today! So much for long term investing The stock had gone up sharply in the last few days due to high expectations and some traders would have got in too. Hopefully there will be more unwinding and we will have the company at really attractive price again.

The company just doubled capacity of its fabric unit and is scaling up garment manufacturing capacity too. Investors need to be patient. From all my interactions with management during AGM and other information, there is no dearth of demand for their products. Management had mentioned multiple times that it is a "seller's" market. Its just a matter of executing.

Meanwhile LIC housing looks good for a long term investing. 90k Cr loan book, low NPAs, great distribution reach and decent brand name. Housing sector is looking quite promising.

Cheers

Vindy
Old 10th July 2014, 00:03   #2424
BHPian

VindyWheels.
Hi.
Bajaj Holdings is going up and down like a yoyo. Any idea?
Any view on Maharashtra Scooters? I am holding it for more than 3 years and it has been doing well.
Thnks and regards
Old 10th July 2014, 00:55   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile LIC housing looks good for a long term investing. 90k Cr loan book, low NPAs, great distribution reach and decent brand name. Housing sector is looking quite promising.Vindy
Do you have a view on cairn energy? It seems to be in the range of 330 - 360 for almost an year now. Being a private upstream company doesn't have to bear the subsidy burden, and is also expanding into neighboring countries. The only concern is about the promoter group.
Old 10th July 2014, 10:11   #2426
BANNED

Only a fool or foolhardy chap will play the market today.
Old 10th July 2014, 11:28   #2427
BHPian

Hi Faustus, I do not like holding companies and do not track those. Why don't you invest in Bajaj Finance if you like their business? Also look at M&M finance, STFC and SCUF. I think all of them will do well in the next 3-5 years. No idea about Maharashtra scooters too, but would like to hear your investment rationale - what is interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
VindyWheels.
Hi.
Bajaj Holdings is going up and down like a yoyo. Any idea?
Any view on Maharashtra Scooters? I am holding it for more than 3 years and it has been doing well.
Thnks and regards
Hi JMaruru, I do not track Cairn. But if you do not trust the jockey, don't bet on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Do you have a view on cairn energy? It seems to be in the range of 330 - 360 for almost an year now. Being a private upstream company doesn't have to bear the subsidy burden, and is also expanding into neighboring countries. The only concern is about the promoter group.

Last edited by VindyWheels : 10th July 2014 at 11:30.
Old 10th July 2014, 12:55   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Only a fool or foolhardy chap will play the market today.
LOLOLOL, I laughed so loud when I read this. Absolutely ballistic the market is today. Shares have been going up and down in like SECONDS.

Jain irrigation was 117 for 31st July Futures and it went down like 115, 113, 111 in 5 seconds total. Its a 8000 share lot, can give a big heart ache to a small budget trader.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:08   #2429
BHPian

Hi, after today's correction Ajanta Pharma is looking attractive again. At Rs 1430 its trading at around 15-16 times the EPS I estimate for FY15. The company's annual report is out. The have a theme called "Lateral by Design". Worth reading for anybody interested

http://www.ajantapharma.com/financia..._2013-2014.pdf
Old 10th July 2014, 14:09   #2430
BANNED

Sensex moved in a band of over 550 points, and the fine print is not even understood!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks