26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2014, 17:21   #2596
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

I will give you one more 10 to remember.

At 26% annual returns, 10 lacs becomes 1 Cr in 10 years, hold for another 10 years its becomes 10 Cr and hold for another 10 years it becomes 100 Cr

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
Hi I am looking for the elusive 10-10-10 stocks : 10 lakhs to invest into 10 stocks for 10 years . essentially looking for multibaggers ... Any suggestions ??
Old 14th October 2014, 17:25   #2597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post

At 26% annual returns, 10 lacs becomes 1 Cr in 10 years, hold for another 10 years its becomes 10 Cr and hold for another 10 years it becomes 100 Cr

Vindy bhai - What stocks you see worth looking now for long term?
Old 14th October 2014, 17:53   #2598
BANNED

All I will say is for long term holding I will only look at Giant / Larg cap companies. What you may do is anchor in these and start playing a bit in smaller companies.
Old 14th October 2014, 18:20   #2599
BHPian

Hi, thought of sharing this Warren Buffet quote.

“It is unquestionably true that [our competitors] have their money more conventionally invested than we do.
To many people conventionality is indistinguishable from conservatism. In my view, this represents erroneous
thinking. Neither a conventional nor an unconventional approach, per se, is conservative.”
“Truly conservative actions arise from intelligent hypothesis, correct facts and sound reasoning. These
qualities may lead to conventional acts, but there have been many times when they have led to unorthodoxy…”
“We derive no comfort because important people, vocal people, or great number of people agree with us.
Nor do we derive comfort if they don’t. A public opinion poll is no substitute for thought. When we really sit
back with a smile on our face is when we run into a situation we can understand, where the facts are
ascertainable and clear, and the course of action obvious. In that case — whether conventional or
unconventional — whether others agree or disagree — we feel we are progressing in a conservative manner.”
Old 16th October 2014, 14:18   #2600
BANNED

Quote:

hmmm.. if I make a crore, then I would definitely hold 80 Lakhs for another 10 years, and then retire with 8 crores..
Old 16th October 2014, 14:20   #2601
BANNED

as of now, I have invested into Sintex, Camlin Finechem, Yes bank for the long haul. I have others in my portfolio, but not sure if they are for the long haul.
Old 16th October 2014, 14:46   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Is it the right time to enter the market? I quietly observe the market but invest in bits and pieces. Lot of pundits are predicting a bigger correction. Even Raghuram Rajan warned of a big correction. I know its better to start investing in small quantities and average the price but would appreciate if experts here could guide me. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th October 2014, 16:20   #2603
BANNED

I think a correction has begun Expect about 5% from current levels. This is time to lay off.
Old 16th October 2014, 20:33   #2604
Senior - BHPian

I think better time to enter will be after Diwali.
Old 19th October 2014, 07:40   #2605
BHPian

Page has indeed performed as thought. Crossed 9000, was available at 5600 in April. Ajanta too did well from 980 levels in April to 1700 now.

Quote:
Hi,

Page Industries looks like a good candidate for fresh entry at 5600 levels.

The com trades in the 30-40 forward P/E band and getting a 40 P/E in next 1.5 years looks like a high probability event. If that happens the price can touch 8500-9000. This is a high quality business with high predictability and almost assured growth. It will trade below 30 only if Indian economy goes further downhill. Even if that occurs you can buy more

Another interesting stock pick at current levels is Ajanta Pharma. Its trading at around 13-14 times FY15 expected earnings. Good track record, company is in a growth phase with robust product profile. They are entering the US market now.

Vindy

Last edited by VindyWheels : 19th October 2014 at 07:42.
Old 19th October 2014, 08:51   #2606
BANNED

A lot may depend on the election results today. If BJP makes both states then the downslide may be reversed. Looks like Haryana is a given, and Maharashtra is a toss up.
Old 19th October 2014, 11:14   #2607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Page has indeed performed as thought. Crossed 9000, was available at 5600 in April. Ajanta too did well from 980 levels in April to 1700 now.
Hi Vindy,

Would you advise entering CCL, Kitex at current levels? I would be looking from a long term, say 2 years. What with Coffeeday also in the IPO route in a few months, will it affect CCL too much? Given their segments are different (Coffeeday has plantations, CCL is into instant coffee)

Just for info, I did enter into the market with some blue chip stocks around October last year. They have been performing well. Any other interesting companies to track at this time?

Last edited by hrman : 19th October 2014 at 11:32.
Old 19th October 2014, 12:00   #2608
BHPian

Hi HR,

Like CCL and do not see any threat from CCD. Kitex also I like for the long term, but at current price would ideally look for lower price for higher margin of safety. Listen to the latest con-call (Last Thursday/friday they conducted the concall). The com would do really great if the US retail foray works well and merger with KCL happens. But all these are plans. When I first mentioned Kitex in this thread (last June), the price was Rs 230. At current price of Rs 450 its trading at 30 times FY15 expected earnings.

Like Shilpa medicare, PI Industries, Kaveri seeds too at current price for the long term. There could be short term corrections though.

Pls note that I have vested interests in all the stocks I discuss as I have personally invested in these and also have clients who have invested in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Hi Vindy,

Would you advise entering CCL, Kitex at current levels? I would be looking from a long term, say 2 years. What with Coffeeday also in the IPO route in a few months, will it affect CCL too much? Given their segments are different (Coffeeday has plantations, CCL is into instant coffee)

Just for info, I did enter into the market with some blue chip stocks around October last year. They have been performing well. Any other interesting companies to track at this time?
Old 19th October 2014, 12:53   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Like Shilpa medicare, PI Industries, Kaveri seeds too at current price for the long term. There could be short term corrections though.
Hi VindyWheels, with regards to PI industries, parteek finance and investments and PI industries are merging. And the share prices of PI industries have been plummeting. Do you think that this amalgamation will have an impact on PI industries?
Old 20th October 2014, 12:32   #2610
BHPian

Siddutta, once you get a grip on a sound investing process in stocks, there is no retirement. Its an exciting journey of turning stones to find hidden gems. You wear the hat of Sherlock Holmes and take up one investigation after another, always learning and always engaged with your mind. You become more alert, will watch out for signs of great business everywhere - in the supermarket, while talking to others, while watching the TV ads...But your spouse might complaint about being absent minded while you are "dreaming"

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
hmmm.. if I make a crore, then I would definitely hold 80 Lakhs for another 10 years, and then retire with 8 crores..
Karan, there are multiple ways to make profits from investing in the market. I have respect for all ways. My approach is to focus on finding great businesses run by great people available at a great price. General market sentiments and worries about an impending corrections are noise for me. In this serious "business" of finding great businesses, if you get your act together it should be rewarding in the next 5-10 years irrespective of how many corrections/mood swings Mr Market would have during that time. It could be a big mood swing like Lehman crisis or small mood swings we have been seeing. Having said that, you will find it increasingly difficult to find opportunities when the market is heated-up and will naturally find yourself more in cash at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Is it the right time to enter the market? I quietly observe the market but invest in bits and pieces. Lot of pundits are predicting a bigger correction. Even Raghuram Rajan warned of a big correction. I know its better to start investing in small quantities and average the price but would appreciate if experts here could guide me. Thanks in advance.
Sabsubs, this Prateek merger is old news. It is a holding company through which promoters held stake in PI. Now with the merger they will directly hold stake. Its just a housekeeping thing. "X" number of shares of Prateek in PI will get cancelled and same "X" number will get created. Net-net, no increase in number of shares and no impact on the company.

I just participated in the conference call of Rallis. The poor Q-2 results of Rallis, announced last week, could be the primary reason for PI's correction. The erratic monsoon has lead to various issues in Kharif season. As per Rallis the paddy crop did well. And they expect a good Rabi season owing to good water availability. PI's major business is Custom Synthesis. Even if Q-2 results are poor, fundamentally nothing has changed. Its a great company with sound business model and strong moat. Rallis is also looking interesting. Unlike PI, their CRAMs business is in early stage. Metahelix, the seed business is doing well. Once these two segments pick-up, Rallis will do extremely well. It would be good idea to keep a close watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi VindyWheels, with regards to PI industries, parteek finance and investments and PI industries are merging. And the share prices of PI industries have been plummeting. Do you think that this amalgamation will have an impact on PI industries?
Symphony crossed 1500! I had mentioned Symphony in July 2013 when the price was 280. Their latest annual report (2014) is a must read. Might look slightly over-board at times, but they have explained in great detail about the company's journey, how they dreamed against norms and built a world-class business over last 10 years. They got wiped out in 1998-2004 period. In the last 10 years the stock price has gone up some 1500 times!! Ofcourse it would have been extremely difficult for anyone to take a buy call in 2004, but since last 2-3 years the signs were clear. Fabulous job by the management. Even if you are not interested in Symphony, read the annual report

Most Viewed